Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

View Poll Results: Do you want Red outs and black outs in simulation mode?
Yes 56 91.80%
no (post your reasons why) 5 8.20%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2009, 01:23 AM
Approved Member

I'm sure most would agree that the reasons they are not included are good.

I did vote yes, but it's not a big deal to me, personally. As a console gamer, who's never had a gaming PC, I'm just happy to have the chance to play a game of this caliber in the genre that I love.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:26 AM
Approved Member

maybe anton it would be possible to add it as an extra option when making a multiplayer match?

Surely this would not hinder down users experiances with the game who are not ready for it.

but as you can see alot of people want to see it.

I know the game is not gold , and i know this is a fairly simple feature to add

So why not just add it as an extra option for multiplayer only?
Old 07-25-2009, 02:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite View Post
I'd rather have the game at this point than wait on one feature. If I pull 6 g's I'll just close my eyes until I level out.
Ha Ha I'll go with that idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HauptmannMolders View Post
Of course we'd all love to have these things and frankly I did expect these features to be here so yes I'm dissappointed BUT I'm sick of people whining about every single little detail of this game. This type of moaning is what makes even slightly more casual gamers think sim fans are losers and make no mistake this game is trying to straddle both sides ON PURPOSE. Lets be honest it would appear at this stage, prior to its release, that this game is going to set a new bench mark for flight games on consoles. That is all I ask. We may be abe to get pickier on the second edition but for now the guys that have made this game have poured untold millions of dollars and tens of thousands of hours into a game that if unsuccessful may ruin their company. I for one want every espect to be perfect but even if it is missing a few things the first time around, I am extremely excited and very grateful for the work they have done.

+>>
Amen brother!
Old 07-25-2009, 02:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltyspark View Post

I know the game is not gold , and i know this is a fairly simple feature to add

So why not just add it as an extra option for multiplayer only?
Please man, you know nothing. The games go gold about one month bf release. If they add anything now they have to change the user interface, redesign the manual and maybe do the testing again. Adding anything to the code can cause bugs.
Anton gave some good reasons, like it or not you'll have to accept it so just stop it
(and dont make me sound like your mom again)

btw, go re-read his comment on page one, he added a bunch. sim mode almost slipped!

Last edited by Saturat; 07-25-2009 at 02:06 AM.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturat View Post
Please man, you know nothing. The games go gold about one month bf release. If they add anything now they have to change the user interface, redesign the manual and maybe do the testing again. Adding anything to the code can cause bugs.
Anton gave some good reasons, like it or not you'll have to accept it so just stop it
(and dont make me sound like your mom again)
um , no

a game goes gold a week or two before shipping to retail

And he gave no other reasons to get rid of it then some confused noobs they hired to play the game who for specific reasons could not have been fans of IL2 or they would throw off the focus testing.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
um , no

And he gave no other reasons to get rid of it then some confused noobs they hired to play the game who for specific reasons could not have been fans of IL2 or they would throw off the focus testing.
http://xbox.joystiq.com/2007/08/29/i...has-gone-gold/
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/55239
check the dates
also
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
"...And adding too much choises for MP isn't also good enough - imagine 16 different sessions with different settings and only 2-3 people in each...."
Old 07-25-2009, 02:16 AM
Approved Member

the two biggest game releases in recent history

k

how about an accurate example?
Old 07-25-2009, 02:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
the two biggest game releases in recent history

k

how about an accurate example?

yeah you are right, some extra time needed for the big games. turn it around tho, you find me an example of a PS3/xbox game that has been released faster than one month..

Last edited by Saturat; 07-25-2009 at 02:38 AM.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
? website ?
He was referring to the fact that you constantly whinged about the website not going live for weeks and now you're at it again. Jesus, if the game gets delayed coz of whining little perfectionists like you there'll be hell to pay. Just be thankful the game is coming. It's a huge gamble to take for any developer to bring this type of game to consoles. Show some damn gratitude.

And Anton, your vomit comment was priceless. Good on you mate.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
um , no

1. Games go gold 4-6 weeks before shipping. A week or two ??? how does the game get certified then manufactured and shipped in a week

2. Because the 'simmers' will make up about 5% of sales and 95% will be people that play on arcade settings so they are FAR more important to the success of this game than hardcore players. Thus for a focus group what sort of people would common sense and commercial sense tell you to 'focus' on, the 95% or the 5% ?

Be grateful that they have fought for and added a sim flight model mode for you when there was no commercial reason for them to do so and the publisher did not want it.

You could just not buy it, no one is forcing you to buy it.

Last edited by Yossarian; 07-25-2009 at 03:02 AM.