Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

View Poll Results: Do you want Red outs and black outs in simulation mode?
Yes 56 91.80%
no (post your reasons why) 5 8.20%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2009, 08:47 PM
Approved Member

Default The real IL2 focus group (Everyone come in here)

In case you missed it , even on simulation difficulty , pilots will not blackout and red out under G forces.

This is HIGHLY dissapointing for a fan of flight games , and could potentially destroy multiplayer for the hardcore flight guys.

Use the poll to show your opinion on weather or not you want to see this INTEGRAL feature implemented into only the simulation mode
Old 07-24-2009, 08:51 PM
Approved Member

I'm already over it.
Are you enjoying the website?
Old 07-24-2009, 08:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite View Post
I'm already over it.
Are you enjoying the website?
? website ?
Old 07-24-2009, 09:02 PM
Approved Member

btw kryptonite , being "over" something doesnt mean you cant vote for what your opinion is.

Im sure you are upset about it , and if you are , show your support for the idea

The game is not gold yet and there are still changes that can be made (and i dont think this would be hard to implement into simulation mode)
Old 07-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Approved Member

if its in super if its not to bad
Old 07-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Approved Member

I'd rather have the game at this point than wait on one feature. If I pull 6 g's I'll just close my eyes until I level out.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:19 PM
Approved Member

Of course we'd all love to have these things and frankly I did expect these features to be here so yes I'm dissappointed BUT I'm sick of people whining about every single little detail of this game. This type of moaning is what makes even slightly more casual gamers think sim fans are losers and make no mistake this game is trying to straddle both sides ON PURPOSE. Lets be honest it would appear at this stage, prior to its release, that this game is going to set a new bench mark for flight games on consoles. That is all I ask. We may be abe to get pickier on the second edition but for now the guys that have made this game have poured untold millions of dollars and tens of thousands of hours into a game that if unsuccessful may ruin their company. I for one want every espect to be perfect but even if it is missing a few things the first time around, I am extremely excited and very grateful for the work they have done.

+>>
Old 07-24-2009, 09:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HauptmannMolders View Post
Of course we'd all love to have these things and frankly I did expect these features to be here so yes I'm dissappointed BUT I'm sick of people whining about every single little detail of this game. This type of moaning is what makes even slightly more casual gamers think sim fans are losers and make no mistake this game is trying to straddle both sides ON PURPOSE. Lets be honest it would appear at this stage, prior to its release, that this game is going to set a new bench mark for flight games on consoles. That is all I ask. We may be abe to get pickier on the second edition but for now the guys that have made this game have poured untold millions of dollars and tens of thousands of hours into a game that if unsuccessful may ruin their company. I for one want every espect to be perfect but even if it is missing a few things the first time around, I am extremely excited and very grateful for the work they have done.

+>>
I agree with the whining part , but this really is an important feature if you are going to have a "simulator" mode in your game
Old 07-24-2009, 09:55 PM
Approved Member

It should be in BUT I don't think it will 'destroy' MP because accelerated stalls are in the game, you will not be able to just yank back on the stick unless you want to enter a spin. As Raw Kryptonite say's I promise to close my eyes in a 6g turn and let go of the stick, I don't really do high negative g's so now worries about red outs.

Last edited by Yossarian; 07-24-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:56 PM
Approved Member

Actually, it is not that easy at all.
Different human bodies will react differently to certain G-forces. True, that on some (let's say 6g) most of pilots will be uncomfortable. But it is not that simple even in that case - effect accumulates, and have long effect, even if you are flying normally, already, you can still be readout/blackened for a while. It is confusing players.
And adding too much choises for MP isn't also good enough - imagine 16 different sessions with different settings and only 2-3 people in each.

I understand your reasons, of course.
Moreover, it were actually us who made this feature. And it is painful to know that the feature that was made, implemented, tested, polished and even presented to public already - isn't in the game now. There were reasons for it. Probably, not good enough for some of you - but we have to make choices all the time, a lot of them.

P.S. You probably don't know, but in October'08, our Arcade mode was much much more closer to current Realistic mode. And Realistic was a bit more close to current Simulation.
Focus tests showed, that average players are confused with that. And publisher even tried to force us to release game without 'Simulation' setting at all - but we insist on it.
Currently, Arcade is much more arcade, but Simulation is still very close to what it was. Yeah, there are no black-outs, and in Campaign (not in Single Missions) we have infinite ammo and fuel, and you can turn HUDs on (but you can turn them off, too), but it is still Simulation, with cockpit view, spins, stalls, flaps controls, no assists etc.
We had a fight with publisher to make flightstick support - they didn't care about it all, and were afraid that it slow down development and risk 1st parties Approvals (more TCRs for peripherial). We've worked directly with Saitek/Thrustmaster/MS to get all samples, and have done flightstick support on our own risk, to make sure the spirit of IL-2 will survive, and flighsim fans will be able to get pleasure from the game.
Yeah, currently everyone, including our publisher understand that it was right to do flighstick support/Simulation mode/etc. Flightsim fans are small audience, less than 2% of all gamers that will buy the game - but they are loyal, they build community, and more important, that is what the game is about - controlling the plane and fighting in the air, not simply arcade like Red Baron. It is also good, that we made Arcade settings more simple, they were right about it. If you look over previews, most of press (and they ARE hardcore players, not casual ones) still feel that even Arcade like it is flight simulation, and almost are not able to control plane in Simulation mode... So there is no just one side of the medal.
But please, do not explain me that absence of blackouts is ruining the game - that is a. not true, b. I know more about what can really ruin the game. You can just play the demo, anf not buy the game, if you really think so. It will be sad, though

Last edited by Anton Yudintsev; 07-25-2009 at 12:10 AM.