Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Approved Member

Here are a few shots using the save screenshot feature.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Apache Air Assault Demo.jpg (20.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Apache Air Assault Demo_1.jpg (20.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Apache Air Assault Demo_2.jpg (20.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Apache Air Assault Demo_3.jpg (20.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Apache Air Assault Demo_4.jpg (20.1 KB, 17 views)
Old 11-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
I really like the demo. I havn't bothered to try training difficulty, went straight for realistic (doesn't need unlocking). Control is challenging but I'm really starting to get the hang of it and doing some sweet moves. Its too easy now lol I need Sim mode.

Ive notice a few things on the xbox version. All three xbox joysticks (Av8r, fly9 and Ace edge) have their own control scheme. You can select to use any of them for any control device even the game pad lol which makes you spin around until you half press the right trigger. The dead zone is far smaller when using the joystick profiles and you don't have to press a button to activate freelook.

One thing I don't like is the throtle is Ace combat style if you use the gamepad. I really need BoP style set throttle. This means you cannot have 118% torque at the same time as rotating because the right stick is circular in it x-y axis. Also the fact that they moved the activate free look to the d pad down means you can't controll the left stick at the same time. I was happier it being on the right stick button. These things mean I will have to buy a stick now.

Ive found a really anoying bug too. Its in the sound effects. When you kill a bunch of ememy troops on the ground, very often their machine gun sound effect (which is way too loud in my opinion) will become stuck on leaving this very anoying sound, to make it worse you cant fly away from the noise, It seems to follow you along. I guess I noticed it because I turned the in game music off. Hope this is just a demo bug because it is VERY anoying. I actualy found exactly were the sound was coming from, landed, stopped the engine and the went to outside view when I spotted three dead guys right beside me.
Ive not noticed that sound issue you have, and ive had a few games of it. Maybe delete the demo and download it again? I mus tadmit im thoroughly enjoying it so far, its just so different and exactly whats needed for my console. Im yet to try it with my AV8R though, just the control pad for now, for some reason i think i will prefer this game on the control pad than the flight stick.

My only gripe is lack of 2 player co op in 1 apache, i know anton said technical things prevented this, but i dont see how.....

It worked well enough in bad company and bad company 2

All in all i love this demo!
Old 11-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Approved Member

I love the demo so far. Everything is awesome. Is realistic the highest difficulty? Or is there a sim mode like IL-2?
Old 11-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Approved Member

This demo is awesome. Ace Edge works well, camera controls are right on, looks good, sounds great and the replays... I couldn't ask for more.
I'm out the door and down to the store for a preorder to support Gaijin.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Approved Member

What are the flight stick options for xbox demo?
I see only one for ps3 and it's not AV8R, its Cyborg.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
What are the flight stick options for xbox demo?
I see only one for ps3 and it's not AV8R, its Cyborg.
CYBORG F.L.Y 9

Saitek AV8R-02

Ace Edge

Those are the flight stick options for the xbox demo
Old 11-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX-SiLeNcE-Xx View Post
I love the demo so far. Everything is awesome. Is realistic the highest difficulty? Or is there a sim mode like IL-2?
There is a veteran mode, 1 helicopter for the entire camaign.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Approved Member

I love it!! The Africa mission really shows some scope with lots of travel and objectives. I switched straight to realistic and love the way you can throw the Apache around with some great acrobatic swinging turns.
One odd thing, I tried a fast strafe to destroy the downed Apache and hit a building. The building collapsed and the game showed the collapsed wreckage with the message "your killer"

Oh and Winny is spot on, the music is dire. If anyone wants an MP3 rip of Blue Thunder OST I will PM the RS link
Old 11-03-2010, 11:11 PM
Approved Member

I love the demo. My best experiance was when i was flying really low and my left pylon (wing whatever its called) actually ripped off, so i only had half the ammo. Then my right engine got shot up a few minutes later. After that my tail rotor got hit and i started to spin. I was low at the time so i landed it, but it rolled on to its side with a spectacular crash rotors hitting ground, dust everywhere effect. It was really cool. I was in third person at the time to check out my damage because i seen in the cockpit it said "RIGHT PYLON CONTROL, RIGHT ENGINE DAMAGED". I didn't know about free look, so i switched to third when my tail rotor was hit. THe realism was incredible. Hopefully i can round up some money for this game. First i need MoH and Black Ops though. (sorry, can't resist shooting ZOMBIES with an M16 XD, especially while im playing as JFK or NIXON)
Old 11-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Approved Member

So, since i never payed attention, is it pretty much confirmed that the only aircraft is the APACHE? Because i seen on the website it was like AIRCRAFT: A-10, APACHE and others...