Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

View Poll Results: Would you pay EUR/$ 10 for German fighter cockpits?
Yes, definitely worth it. 51 86.44%
No, won't bother. 8 13.56%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2010, 09:28 PM
Approved Member

I agree Mac best hundred bucks I ve spent as well . A better question might be would you pay a for updates every say 60 days for this game to continue on line play. That would be an intersting way to make revenue on a sim. Every 60 Days you have to download a new update / map/ or plane .
This would then let you continue online play . I see that as a way to make sims more of a profitable genere. Less players but more dedicated so the residual profit potental is higher.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Approved Member

yes i would but the ONLY reason why is that you cant interact or just have a good chat with people on wop like you can on the psn.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACADEMIC View Post
Well, Vdomini guessed it right, if there's enough of a demand for it then it's a business proposition. The cockpits are all available, the developers have already made them for WOP. Thus this could be a WIN-WIN situation for everybody: devs, publishers and us, the community.

The battle plan is this: the community drums up enough support for it (votes), I'll then fly over (to) the devs as Vdomini suggested (perhaps not in a P-51 but some other quite impressive bird) since I'm always in their neighbourhood, and Vdomini knocks on 505s door in Milan with an offer they can't refuse to seal the deal - and Bingo!

So everybody, let's make some noise and give us your votes!

MAC
teacher mac and vodkadomini,old warriors thanks a lot for all u do and will do!!!respect!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olife View Post
teacher mac and vodkadomini,old warriors thanks a lot for all u do and will do!!!respect!!!
Lol i like VODKADOMINI

that would be my nickname while i'm flying LA and YAK lol

But sadly i have to be carefull with vodka... last time i've drank it i've had too much and .... i felt asleep with my head on my fav pub counter
Old 09-16-2010, 04:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdomini View Post
Lol i like VODKADOMINI

that would be my nickname while i'm flying LA and YAK lol

But sadly i have to be carefull with vodka... last time i've drank it i've had too much and .... i felt asleep with my head on my fav pub counter
hahaha!!!!!!!!!!loooool!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 09:51 PM
Approved Member

Firstly the developers here are paid by 505 publishing; who have already made it clear that they are no longer funding any improvement to this game.
No matter how we pressure them here, 1c has been given something of a gag order by 505 publishing and cannot pay any real attention to this forum or its members with regards to birds of prey, as no payments are coming to them from 505 publishing to continue supporting this game with content and updates; the 1c company itself will be pursuing revenue from other games where it owns the rights completely and does not have to run everything past another company. It is unlikely if they will not pay to get the basic patch through microsoft QA; that they can afford to have anyhing else brought into either of the stores playstation store or xbox marketplace let alone the the cost of developing what you are asking for.
BoP is not the finished item we had hoped for, have some patience and wait for a sequel thats not published by 505 and that will more likely have the things you asked for i.e. all cockpits extra aircraft etc, just don't expect it to meet it's first or second release date good games seldom do.

Last edited by Shadowcorp; 09-16-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up Answer is YES, YES, YES!

Hope this works because those german cockpits would be great and we deserve them!

Good luck

oohh, dont forget to add locked cockpits please

Last edited by edal86; 09-16-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edal86 View Post
Hope this works because those german cockpits would be great and we deserve them!

Good luck

oohh, dont forget to add locked cockpits please
Thanks Edal,

I was thinking about locked cockpits and some bug fixes too too but that would have to be a title update and not just DLC from the store - would have to be the same across the entire platform. If we are to have any chance with this, we have to ask for something which will bring them extra revenue, not just costs. So, for example a mission pack as DLC with German cockpits, and perhaps the Wings of Luftwaffe missions.

MAC
Old 09-16-2010, 11:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcorp View Post
Firstly the developers here are paid by 505 publishing; who have already made it clear that they are no longer funding any improvement to this game.
No matter how we pressure them here, 1c has been given something of a gag order by 505 publishing and cannot pay any real attention to this forum or its members with regards to birds of prey, as no payments are coming to them from 505 publishing to continue supporting this game with content and updates; the 1c company itself will be pursuing revenue from other games where it owns the rights completely and does not have to run everything past another company. It is unlikely if they will not pay to get the basic patch through microsoft QA; that they can afford to have anyhing else brought into either of the stores playstation store or xbox marketplace let alone the the cost of developing what you are asking for.
BoP is not the finished item we had hoped for, have some patience and wait for a sequel thats not published by 505 and that will more likely have the things you asked for i.e. all cockpits extra aircraft etc, just don't expect it to meet it's first or second release date good games seldom do.
Thanks shadowcorp, we'll see. Just one question, a simple yes or no would do: are you on the inside of either of the relevant parties, i.e. Gaijin, 1C, 505 or another?

MAC
Old 09-17-2010, 01:01 AM
Approved Member

no i'm not involved in any of the said organisations,
But working as a QA in a video games studio has allowed me to understand how much a publisher is actually involved in the process; they are essentially the bank that fronts a project, without the publisher being on board theres no money to pay the developers to improve or initiate change within a game.