Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 12:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcorp View Post
I aways do a death from above attack on bombers but for bombers i like to fly a 262
the results of which can be seen in the lower part of this picture!!!

Old 03-25-2010, 01:05 PM
Approved Member

Default come on now

some people are really too sensitive about this rockets issue.... bomber pilots you have chosen a aircraft thats large and as such easy to hit accept that.
Your going to get rocketted not by me as i can't use them.
As a bomber pilot you have your own distinct advantage armor, lots of it the way no fighter plane does,also you can shoot in just about any direction and have the opportunity more than any fighter aircraft to shoot at weak propellers engines and canopies.
so i think rockets are a fair leveling of the playing field, you don't have to share my opinion branko just accept that i can have it please
Old 03-25-2010, 02:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by branko57 View Post
hi shadowcorp,

like you said bombers are easy to hit, no rockets needed !!!

Dont worry im not interest at all continuing this conversation about rockets wich may end like "war of word's" peace mate !!!
branko please go to this website www.tarrif.net/wwii/guides/a2g_rockets.htm
and as none of the german planes carry rockets in the game i have no problem with people that use an alied plane with rockets to shoot me down anyway it evens itself out for all the people that take them into dogfight and tb matches and just sit on the rear gunner

Last edited by BRIGGBOY; 03-25-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by branko57 View Post
HI BRIGGBOY,

THANKS FOR THE WEBSITE LINK, LOOK WHAT I HAVE FOUND........ used by special fighters for attacks against the giant American bomber formations.

YOUR ROCKET ATTACK'S ON ME YESTERDAY THEY FAILED AND THEY WERE UNNECESSARY, ANYWAY I ENJOYED PLAYING WITH YOU !!!
the fact of the matter is that they were used and i think that people taking a b17 into a dogfight or tb match is totally unnecessary so like i said before if someone gets shotdown by rockets then i think it is the same as just sitting on the rear gunner in dogfight or tb. but also like many people have said before it is a video game and not real life so it is meant to be fun. anyway thats all i have to say on this subject and bailing out or i will have to see my doctor about some valium.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:05 PM
Registered Member

Please excuse my interjection on this one. There are several obstacles here to contend with that I can see.
1) temperment- We all get flustered when someone shoots at us. A psychological occurance that is welcome to your opponent. It is much easier to take down an enemy who is not thinking clearly than one who has maintained his calm. Your opponent WILL use this against you.
2)rockets (adavantage)- all technological advantages in warfare are infact unfair, therfore there is no such thing as a fair fight. Wether in terms of technology, performance charicterisics, or skill; someone will be at a disadvantage. That being said; it is most often the case that in order to gain an advantage one must trade-off for a disadvantage in another area. Ie: altitude/speed, armor/agility, or speed/turn radius etc.

This leads to but one conclusion! Change tactics! I have personally dogdged many 40mm rockets. If fired close they are hard to miss with you say? Well then keep the shooter at a distance. I'd the rocket chucking anti-historian and see to it he has a very hard persuit. If he gets close...evade. Those rockets drop like stones and are much slower than bullets. Or fly a fighter.

Bottom line if you find yourself full of holes...you made at least one mistake too many. The flaw is always in your tactics if you loose. To paraphrase Sun Tsu- battles are not won by the victor...they are lost by the defeated.

Try and keep a cool head man, and I promise you'll find your victory! Good luck, good hunting, & God speed!
Old 03-25-2010, 05:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORPHEUS ZERO View Post
Please excuse my interjection on this one. There are several obstacles here to contend with that I can see.
1) temperment- We all get flustered when someone shoots at us. A psychological occurance that is welcome to your opponent. It is much easier to take down an enemy who is not thinking clearly than one who has maintained his calm. Your opponent WILL use this against you.
2)rockets (adavantage)- all technological advantages in warfare are infact unfair, therfore there is no such thing as a fair fight. Wether in terms of technology, performance charicterisics, or skill; someone will be at a disadvantage. That being said; it is most often the case that in order to gain an advantage one must trade-off for a disadvantage in another area. Ie: altitude/speed, armor/agility, or speed/turn radius etc.

This leads to but one conclusion! Change tactics! I have personally dogdged many 40mm rockets. If fired close they are hard to miss with you say? Well then keep the shooter at a distance. I'd the rocket chucking anti-historian and see to it he has a very hard persuit. If he gets close...evade. Those rockets drop like stones and are much slower than bullets. Or fly a fighter.

Bottom line if you find yourself full of holes...you made at least one mistake too many. The flaw is always in your tactics if you loose. To paraphrase Sun Tsu- battles are not won by the victor...they are lost by the defeated.

Try and keep a cool head man, and I promise you'll find your victory! Good luck, good hunting, & God speed!

WELL SAID MATEY!!
Old 03-25-2010, 05:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

Sigh of relief, The beauty of rational thought conveyed in logical prose. Well said Orpheus.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

Are you a pastor? I swear you were talking about me!! HAHAHA!!! Well put...
Old 03-26-2010, 11:00 AM
Approved Member

Let's all just chill and be cool like Alaska. There's been some heated discussions on here over the past week and I hope most people will take them for, and respect them as peoples opinions. The last thing the community needs is to fragment and implode. I think most players know and respect that we all have our personal preferences when it comes to armourment and as the game allows you to, you should be able to use whatever, whenever irrespective of other people views and opinions. I guess what I'm saying is that no matter how much we write on here about our likes/ dislikes there will always be players that go against our 'IL2 morals' and as such disagree with us. I had a real red mist event earlier this week that was totally out of character and left me feeling quite down about the game, but I think Ratman summed it up nicely when he said to me 'rise above it, just play the way you play and be happy in the knowledge that your a better person than them for doing so'
I think to sum up we should all play exactly the way we want to play, be that right or wrong and remember it's just a game, 70 years ago it was real life and many good people died doing what we now consider to be just a game. Be thankful that after being rammed, rocketed, bombed or shot down you only have to wait a few seconds before you resurect and continue, back then there were no second chances. It's due to that generation that we now have the freedom to play such games and I think we shouldn't forget that.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Registered Member

VERY WELL PUT GILLY ...... CHEERS MATE !!! ........ Did you all not read what I said in Waterman7 thread? Damnit I would give a lifetime worth of being killed just to have my PS3 back ..... I mean what i wouldnt give to see my left wing chewed full of holes or my engine smoking so bad i cant even see the screen or Davedog blowing me into a million little pcs with one of his rocket shots !!!! just so i could play. I'm with Gilly i dont want the community to fall apart ... one of these days ( hopefully soon ) i will have another PS3 and i want to hear EVERYONE of your cheery voices on there when your shooting me into a flat spin @ 3,000 ft. and keep hitting me till im a molten ball of fire .... OK?
Closed Thread