Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Approved Member

erm......what's a 'gravity accelerated vertical turn' Kozzmo?

Oh, and (VERY IMPORTANT) could you pm a description (rather than reply in this thread) of how to perform one as I don't want anyone else to know...........................only kidding!
Old 02-27-2010, 08:05 PM
Approved Member

As many have have stated, Mirgervin is either the best of the best, or one of. There's only one guy I knew who could give him a run for his money 1v1, but he's since retired.

I once managed to keep my view on him as he manouvered onto my 6 from a head to head, and you might notice he always turns upwards. He does a kind of stall turn thing then uses acceleration and your turn against you. I found the best tactic was to use my spit's superior firepower against him in a head to head then try and make enough distance to turn for another head to head. Needless to say it wasn't hugely successful.

Also, on the few occasions I have shot him down, more often than not, kills don't register on him and it counts as a crash (even after the patch). Also, re: screen size, he says he plays on a crappy smallish screen.

EDIT: apologies to SubaruGaz - I didn't realise you could beat him also, just like I didn't realise this thread had 2 pages before I posted lol

Last edited by InfiniteStates; 02-27-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:17 AM
Approved Member

Migervin isn't that unbeatable and you guys give him far too much credit. Plus he ran away from the xbox guys for easier targets on the PS3...............lol

bruuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhaaahahahahahah
Old 02-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
Yes QFT. I'm sorry if I sounded derogatory towards Mirgirvin that was not my intention, he is a nice guy. That was the only time I remember him quiting a game, I probably was being rather anoying too in that little cheap bi-plane lol
Hey mate it wasn't my intention either to say that you were being derogatory (sorry my english sucks, especially when I'm not drunk)
Lol I played only one game against I-152, it was long time ago and it was a nightmare for me. Probably most of the guys around here developed good tactics against that plane, I simply avoid it
Old 03-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuklhed808 View Post
Okay, so yesterday I got into a one on one against MIRGERVIN in a sim battle, and as expected I lost big time! Now I consider myself an OK sim pilot, but flying against that level of talent simply amazed me. I mean, I rarely saw him because he was almost always on my 6. whether I stayed high and dove down on him, or if I got down low in the weeds and tried to get the angle, it didn't matter, within a couple of turns he was behind me blasting the last shards of pride I had that was floating above Berlin.
I don't believe it was plane choice or any other lame excuse I could come up with. After the match I sent him a messege full of praise, and he wrote back with a thanks stating it's from lots of flying time, but is that it? I mean I was beside myself experiencing that kind of flying! I'm not looking for "gaming tricks", but rather flight combat tactics that can be practiced and honed to improve my battle worthiness. afterall, aside from the occasional flash of La-5 whizzing by, I never got to see how he ALWAYS got on my 6 o'clock....
hello nuklhed808,

there are really many great players in this game and a lot of players kick my ass too!!! but it is good to loose against them because u can learn and progress a lot!!
when i play i m afraid of all the players even the noobs because all of them have "the fighting spirit" and maybe today they are noobs but tomorrow they will be an aces i m sure because of practice!!it is great
IN MY OPINION MIRGERVIN AND TAGMANDBAGEM ARE REALLY THE BEST!!!!!
REALLY A GREAT ACES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RESPECT!!!!

GOOD HUNTING
Old 03-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olife View Post
hello nuklhed808,

there are really many great players in this game and a lot of players kick my ass too!!! but it is good to loose against them because u can learn and progress a lot!!
when i play i m afraid of all the players even the noobs because all of them have "the fighting spirit" and maybe today they are noobs but tomorrow they will be an aces i m sure because of practice!!it is great
IN MY OPINION MIRGERVIN AND TAGMANDBAGEM ARE REALLY THE BEST!!!!!
REALLY A GREAT ACES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RESPECT!!!!

GOOD HUNTING
Yup, I gotta agree. I wasn't pointing at MIRGERVIN as THE best pilot in the game, only that pilots with his level of flying simply amazes me! Yes, you too Olife. I can always count on you to have my 109 put into a flaming death spin. But win or loose I always learn something and I ALWAYS have fun...
watermanr7
Old 03-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuklhed808 View Post
Yup, I gotta agree. I wasn't pointing at MIRGERVIN as THE best pilot in the game, only that pilots with his level of flying simply amazes me! Yes, you too Olife. I can always count on you to have my 109 put into a flaming death spin. But win or loose I always learn something and I ALWAYS have fun...
watermanr7
thanks watermann but it is hard,and hard days by days to shoot u:u are a good player and u progress quickly.
very good meaning,happy to fly with u.
exuse me for my bad english

good hunting
Old 03-30-2010, 10:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by branko57 View Post
HI BEAVERCOMPANY01,

i really like your oppinion about the "CHOUCH ACE" named "MIGERVIN" who is a far bigger expert insulting people (me) with words i wont repeat here and dumbing down myself on his level !!!
I'm suprised Branko. I met him for the first time last night in a game with Ratman and found him to be a decent bloke. Was a good dogfight too with plenty of good kills by all so I'm suprised you state he was insulting.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by branko57 View Post
HI GILLY,

this so called "DECENT BLOKE" is a part of the post i added to the thread..... I JUST DONT KNOW !!!

He and "SHADOWCORP" are strong supporters that ME and the B-17 we dont belong here but i give a damm F**K what they think !!!

MIGHT SOMEBODY CAN BUY FOR "SHADOWCORP" SOME ROCKETS SO HE CAN AD THIS NONSENSE TO HIS "HIT & RUN" BIRD ???
Hey Branko,
sadly that's what the 262 was designed to do and is the only aircraft in the game that is capable of such long distance or hit and run kills. And to be honest as Shadow uses it as such and is damn useful at it I've got to respect the guy for doing so. Shadow is also a great bloke and and one of the fairest players I know so again I'm shocked that you feel this way??
Old 03-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Approved Member

Er.. Me 262 = B-17 killer..
you can't complain about people using 262's in the same forum where you've had a go at someone for telling you not to use a B-17, because that's hypocrisy.

It's one of the risks of flying a bomber.. If you see a 262 it'll soon be over.
Closed Thread