Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmanian guy View Post
Let other people know that the developers will not support the game, will not reply to posts here, so what chance has the pc version got with the promises of title updates, fixes and new DLC.
The developers aren't the problem, it's the publisher 505 Games.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherAttack2 View Post
The developers aren't the problem, it's the publisher 505 Games.
Yep, this is the truth - invading the PC version is no good (unless it's also published by 505).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkerr419 View Post
I like where this is heading. I know it won't put them out of bussiness but at least we can put them in the spot light. Another route we may wish to pursue is posting on Consumer Complaint websites/blogs. Anything we can do to get the spot light on them....I think the more negative press we can get going the better.

The trick is going to be keeping it professional...We need clean language and a defined purpose.

...the best way to proceed would be to draft a clear message, defining what we want and why the current state of the game is not acceptable. Making reference to price points and that we have paid for a full game and only received half. Point out the patch debacle and how PS3 got it....
You could also throw in the ridiculous pricing of the DLC in it's first week of release, and then the fact that it doubled in price. This was 505's decision also.

And someone said that this is quite common, so you could also aquire stories of other games they've done it with too. Then, when you have a comprehensive objection laid out, send it to major gaming websites like IGN, Gamespot, Eurogamer etc, and email it to major XBox magazine editors.

All you need is for one to run and the rest (or the majority anyway) will regurgitate it. It needs to be written so it needs little work to turn around and publish though.

Good luck!
Old 01-15-2010, 10:52 AM
Approved Member

Think you have a valid argument there InfiniteStates. What is the relationship between 1C Company (who host this forum) and 505? Could 505 pull the plug on this forum (as well as 'gag' the devs) if they wish to do so?

I have read their corporate info and it appears that 1c are an independent publishing company but I could be wrong.

Last edited by SEE; 01-15-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteStates View Post
Yep, this is the truth - invading the PC version is no good (unless it's also published by 505).

You could also throw in the ridiculous pricing of the DLC in it's first week of release, and then the fact that it doubled in price. This was 505's decision also.

And someone said that this is quite common, so you could also aquire stories of other games they've done it with too. Then, when you have a comprehensive objection laid out, send it to major gaming websites like IGN, Gamespot, Eurogamer etc, and email it to major XBox magazine editors.

All you need is for one to run and the rest (or the majority anyway) will regurgitate it. It needs to be written so it needs little work to turn around and publish though.

Good luck!
I may be wrong but it seems obvious to me that you are trying to be smart, and act like you care. You must have a PS3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE View Post
Think you have a valid argument there InfiniteStates. What is the relationship between 1C Company (who host this forum) and 505? Could 505 pull the plug on this forum (as well as 'gag' the devs) if they wish to do so?
Um... the relationship between 1C and 505 is obvious. Just look at, and read the front of the games' case. And this is the 1C company forum, so I doubt 505 could do anything about it.

1C is not blameless here, it was Anton who said certin things were going to happen that never did.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE View Post

I have read their corporate info and it appears that 1c are an independent publishing company but I could be wrong.
As long as you don't slander the "IL2" brand, which is where 1C comes into it, it's all good. As far as I know, 505 licensed the distribution rights from 1C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceball View Post
I may be wrong but it seems obvious to me that you are trying to be smart, and act like you care. You must have a PS3.
You're right - I couldn't care less about the XBox. But I care as a games consumer. And this behaviour is becoming more and more prevalent in this industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceball View Post
Um... the relationship between 1C and 505 is obvious. Just look at, and read the front of the games' case. And this is the 1C company forum, so I doubt 505 could do anything about it.

1C is not blameless here, it was Anton who said certin things were going to happen that never did.
Genius. Yeah - listen to this guy. Not.

But I don't want to drag this thread down with self-defence. It's got some great ideas in it and is heading is a constructive direction.

Good luck!
Old 01-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmanian guy View Post

Let other people know that the developers will not support the game, will not reply to posts here, so what chance has the pc version got with the promises of title updates, fixes and new DLC.
We don't know that the devs aren't supporting the game there is a chance they have all of the dlc's done but it is up to the publisher, don't blame it on the devs without knowing what is true and what is not.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:29 PM
Approved Member

Default Well if I would have said it.

Well if I would have said it.There would be post saying I needed mental help.I will say this sound like something that needs to be done.Of course the op really does not need me to say anything that"gunny said it and hes just a nutty redneck "thing .Ok, now grade my grammar its expected.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IiI GUNNY IiI View Post
Well if I would have said it.There would be post saying I needed mental help.I will say this sound like something that needs to be done.Of course the op really does not need me to say anything that"gunny said it and hes just a nutty redneck "thing .Ok, now grade my grammar its expected.
Can you hear me playing a sad song on my violin just for you?

Change the record mate, its getting boring. Its a team effort from all of us, PS3 and 360 players to want this sorted. Get involved, become part of it.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IiI GUNNY IiI View Post
No, if you would have said it.....itwouldhavelooked liekTHIS andyouWould havebeen rantn&ravnwith incoherentstuffand antagonizingpeopleuntil theyflameyouSoyoucould complainyetagainthat EVeryOne picksonyou.

Man, if you could just settle down and learn how to communicate in a little more civil way you wouldn't get blasted on so much. It really doesn't have anything to do with your grammar, or typing skills. English could have not been your native language for all we knew. It's how you come across in your arguments. Instead of "this iscrap I'mselling thisgaem&gaijin r liars!1! if youdon't agree u r a asskissr" you could have said, "I don't know about you guys, but I'm feeling a little abandoned by this whole deal. What say you?" See the difference?

Anyhow, I know you're just going to get mad at me so whatever. Go ahead and leave for the 4th time, besides every thread you post in gets locked anyway. If you keep posting with your current attitude there won't been any open discussions left on this forum.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:23 PM
Approved Member

IiI GUNNY IiI
Curent grade: C+/B-
See corrections bellow.
Well if I would have said it there would be post saying I needed mental help. I will say, that this sounds like something that needs to be done. Of course the O.P. really does not need me to say anything other than “Gunny said it and he’s just a nutty redneck" thing. Ok, now grade my grammar it’s expected.

With the above changes grades A/A* may be possible in future. Keep up the good work.