Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Approved Member

Exclamation How to get the XBOX patch

While dogfighting last night Pudgy came up with a good idea to pressure 505 to release the patch, instead of wasting time emailing 505, and getting no response, hit them where it hurts – in their bank account!

Lets call and email the major “game critics/news web sites, magazines, etc” (and this is where I need your help to pick the best ones) and let them know how us XBOX players have been unjustly left out of a required patch – that PS3 has already received! Lets get the word out there so every one knows how poorly 505 has been treating us and let them know that they don’t give a damn about their customer. Hopefully this will cause a backlash that will keep people from buying BoP and possibly boycotting all there products! This is how to “hurt” a company and force them to release the patch.

This is just a basic rough idea and I welcome any and all ideas that will create pressure on 505 to release the patch.

I salute all of you who have kept the faith.

Last edited by TRC Subaru; 01-14-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC Subaru View Post
While dogfighting last night Pudgy came up with a good idea to pressure 505 to release the patch, instead of wasting time emailing 505, and getting no response, hit them where it hurts – in their bank account!

Lets call and email the major “game critics/news web sites, magazines, etc” (and this is where I need your help to pick the best ones) and let them know how us XBOX players have been unjustly left out of a required patch – that PS3 has already received! Lets get the word out there so every one knows how poorly 505 has been treating us and let them know that they don’t give a damn about their customer. Hopefully this will cause a backlash that will keep people from buying BoP and possibly boycotting all there products! This is how to “hurt” a company and force them to release the patch.

This is just a basic rough idea and I welcome any and all ideas that will create pressure on 505 to release the patch.

I salute all of you who have kept the faith.
oh god, it begins.
Why hurt or cripple a company you want something from?
Old 01-14-2010, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan607 View Post
oh god, it begins.
Why hurt or cripple a company you want something from?
Because asking nicely apparently has not worked…

If you have a better suggestion, please let me know.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Because asking nicely apparently has not worked…

If you have a better suggestion, please let me know.
Brute force and ignorance cannot surely be the way forwards.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Approved Member

I have posted a thread on MS Xbox forum pointing out that 505 serve the interest of Sony conslole owners and and have refused to respond with any information concerning the xbox. I cannot imagine that MS will be too pleased with any publisher fixing common gameplay issues for one console only. I know that MS do read their hosted forums and often give replies to posts. Might not make any difference but at least its up on their forum for the Xbox cummunity in general to see just how we have been treated by 505.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Although the initial idea is obviously rough-handed, it has merit if done in a business-like manner, i.e customer feedback. If done in a professional, but direct manner, 505 will pay attention if they think this issue will hurt future sales. Everyone that sells a product ought to have some accountability. Let's keep it in context folks, we're not going to put them out of business. At the same time, we do ourselves a disservice if we come across as hecklers. Getting the word out about PS3 patch vs. 360 non-patch is a story the general gaming public should know about.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:35 PM
Approved Member

Exclamation Please

Quote:
Please, this thread is for positive solutions to acquiring the XBOX patch, not to create a debate.
If you want to start a debate on the use of force, please create another thread.
Considering this Forum is based on a WAR game it could be a very interesting.

Thank you.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Please, this thread is for positive solutions to acquiring the XBOX patch, not to create a debate.
If you want to start a debate on the use of force, please create another thread.
Considering this Forum is based on a WAR game it could be a very interesting.

Thank you.
Possitive discussion based on the idea of destroying a company's reputation?
Old 01-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up Positive Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader00001 View Post
Although the initial idea is obviously rough-handed, it has merit if done in a business-like manner, i.e customer feedback. If done in a professional, but direct manner, 505 will pay attention if they think this issue will hurt future sales. Everyone that sells a product ought to have some accountability. Let's keep it in context folks, we're not going to put them out of business. At the same time, we do ourselves a disservice if we come across as hecklers. Getting the word out about PS3 patch vs. 360 non-patch is a story the general gaming public should know about.
Nicely put...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE View Post
I have posted a thread on MS Xbox forum pointing out that 505 serve the interest of Sony conslole owners and and have refused to respond with any information concerning the xbox. I cannot imagine that MS will be too pleased with any publisher fixing common gameplay issues for one console only. I know that MS do read their hosted forums and often give replies to posts. Might not make any difference but at least its up on their forum for the Xbox cummunity in general to see just how we have been treated by 505.
Great work!
Old 01-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Possitive discussion based on the idea of destroying a company's reputation?
As far as I know, yes. That's the whole point. Why does the PS3 get the patch but not the Xbox360? Since people have been asking nicely and no responses have been given by 505 why should they're reputation as publishers be good?