Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynlion View Post
How do you learn to play an on-line only demo with no tutorial? I get waxed in the first 30 seconds every time I try it, not much fun there LoL.

Getting back on subject, any news about the IL-2 360 update?
You learn by playing the game, finding out what works and doesn't work by trial and error. AvPGalaxy.net forum has a lot of tips from other players too.
Still anybody new to the demo should expect to get killed VERY often as they are probably up against some people who have been playing it non stop since it was available to download. Anyway I'm sure the actual game will have a tutorial.

Back on "topic" then lol. I think most people have given up on ever seeing this Il-2 patch. Sad truth.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 02-07-2010, 08:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynlion View Post
How do you learn to play an on-line only demo with no tutorial? I get waxed in the first 30 seconds every time I try it, not much fun there LoL.
Because others have learnt how to play it

As pope said, the full game will have tutorials - if nothing else, in the form of offline mode. And if competitive doesn't do it for you, there's survivor mode - 4 player co-op...I'm guessing (/hoping) that it is like that zombie mode in World at War, but with all the sweet sound effects, and without all the kids that were either too put off by the patience required for the demo or too young to be excited about the franchise.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteStates View Post
Because others have learnt how to play it

As pope said, the full game will have tutorials - if nothing else, in the form of offline mode. And if competitive doesn't do it for you, there's survivor mode - 4 player co-op...I'm guessing (/hoping) that it is like that zombie mode in World at War, but with all the sweet sound effects, and without all the kids that were either too put off by the patience required for the demo or too young to be excited about the franchise.

It is 4 player co op, with each level set into 2 areas. One which is fairly easy to defend, and the other which is wide open to ambushes and attacks.

The first area is easy to defend yes but that it. The second area is where you find all your ammo, health packs, guns. So its makes for a great fight.

Had some great games on this since it came out, most notably tonight when we occupied the whole room (pope and veneski were in it) and the lone pred player quit leaving 3 marines and 4 aliens.

So we did an aliens v marines game with me, pope and a friend as marines...

It was a slaughter, the marines were wiped out, the only chance they stood was when together, but the aliens still over ran us and caused havoc, made us waste ammo to by running across the room to distract us while another kills us. Excellent game!!

The more i play this demo the more i enjoy it and the more eager i am to see the release of the full game. Roll on the 19th. (18th hopefully because it gets delivered )
Old 02-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOZ_1983 View Post

So we did an aliens v marines game with me, pope and a friend as marines...

It was a slaughter, the marines were wiped out, the only chance they stood was when together, but the aliens still over ran us and caused havoc, made us waste ammo to by running across the room to distract us while another kills us. Excellent game!!

The more i play this demo the more i enjoy it and the more eager i am to see the release of the full game. Roll on the 19th. (18th hopefully because it gets delivered )
lol Yeah, we had no chance. It would have been a bit easier if one of the aliens hadn't broken EVERY single light on the the map during the "Alien-Marine peace treaty". Damn was it dark. I'm not surprised the pred random guy left though, 7v1 lol

I'm so looking forward to the release too. Really hope the marines candle..... oh uh I mean torch, is a bit brighter in the final version though. And the rifle firing flash a bit less so.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 02-08-2010, 02:11 PM
Approved Member

found this hope,it helps people get to grips with avp's close combat system