Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51 View Post
Sounds quite good but you can do most of that on a PS2 game called energy airforce. I recomend this game, although its PS2 it was released round the time the PS3 was so it has reasonable graphics. It also has free flight modes etc and multiple aircraft with full working cockpits. The main aircraft is the F-16 but there are more including - off the top of my head - the X-35 (F-35) and the F-22.
Well we can't get that game in the US, is it the same as Aero Elite because the graphics lok better?

Aero Elite Combat Academy was released a year earlier. Developed by Sega Published by Sega.

Did a search and saw 505 published Energy Airforce developed by Taito. Who knew!

Last edited by trk29; 12-05-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51 View Post
Sounds quite good but you can do most of that on a PS2 game called energy airforce. I recomend this game, although its PS2 it was released round the time the PS3 was so it has reasonable graphics. It also has free flight modes etc and multiple aircraft with full working cockpits. The main aircraft is the F-16 but there are more including - off the top of my head - the X-35 (F-35) and the F-22.
over g is an energy airfoce game lol. the packaging doesnt bear the name but the game is filled with it. most planes numbers are EA-XXX. come to think of it when you select new game the first line you see is "energy airforce was given a new mission"
Old 12-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Approved Member

Over G is "realistic"? As I recall one could flip upside down, go get a beer, make a phone call and when you got back your plane would still be there, happily buzzing away until it ran off the map. Not trying to put down anyone for enjoying a game but a flight sim that aint. There is such a thing as gravity, even in a jet fighter. ESPECIALLY in a jet fighter.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynlion View Post
Over G is "realistic"? As I recall one could flip upside down, go get a beer, make a phone call and when you got back your plane would still be there, happily buzzing away until it ran off the map. Not trying to put down anyone for enjoying a game but a flight sim that aint. There is such a thing as gravity, even in a jet fighter. ESPECIALLY in a jet fighter.
definetly not, maybe on arcade settings that keep you straight but invert and leave it and you'll soon it in the drink/ground...you'll even red out
Old 12-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Approved Member

hey sry if i'm off topic here...have u guys ever tried "AeroElite: combat academy" on ps2?
I thought it was a gr8 game, could do pretty much evrything u mentionned PLUS u could fly heli's like the apache and a few other. I thought it was pretty realistic all around, flying the heli was a blast, tho there was some kind of glitch that allowed bullets to go through buildings and ground features so it was impossibe to take cover from tanks and AAAs at close range. Graphics werent bad too

edit: just saw trk29 's post

Last edited by philabong2; 12-05-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philabong2 View Post
hey sry if i'm off topic here...have u guys ever tried "AeroElite: combat academy" on ps2?
I thought it was a gr8 game, could do pretty much evrything u mentionned PLUS u could fly heli's like the apache and a few other. I thought it was pretty realistic all around, flying the heli was a blast, tho there was some kind of glitch that allowed bullets to go through buildings and ground features so it was impossibe to take cover from tanks and AAAs at close range. Graphics werent bad too
I mentioned this above . I bought this game this year for 5.00 at gamestop have had fun playing it but I haven't played it in about 6 months stuck on the mission where you have to do a recon and take a picture of a plane and you can't go above a certain amount of feet. Pretty hard because the mission has you starting over land and going through mountains.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynlion View Post
Hmm. Sounds as if you were indeed playing this great console SIM on the default arcade settings (and therefore was little surprise you were bored after 3 minutes), because with the copy of the game I have, there was no way you could leave the craft in an inverted state & go get your beer because if you did you would red-out very quickly followed by a quick inverted dive to terra-firma.
And yes; Energy Airforce & Over G are basically the same game; the energy airforce logo is present throughout the games interface & aircraft.

Referring to your 1st post on this topic; 3 minutes to form an opinion on a game that simulates a complex area such as flight (& done so very well with Over G & Energy Airforce) is a very clever gift to have. Not being a huge fan of Birds of Prey, it did take me a good, careful 6 or so hours before I could finally say 'nope, good graphics but little else'

Last edited by Houndstone Hawk; 12-05-2009 at 10:25 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
I mentioned this above . I bought this game this year for 5.00 at gamestop have had fun playing it but I haven't played it in about 6 months stuck on the mission where you have to do a recon and take a picture of a plane and you can't go above a certain amount of feet. Pretty hard because the mission has you starting over land and going through mountains.
yea i remember this one lol... gotta find the right path thru the mountain... pretty tight in some corners indeed.

but brace urself theres another recon mission after this one and it aint easier
I pretty much finished the game exept for the 2 last scramble mission where u have to take 3 solid pics of both an incoming missile (cant remember the model) and a UFO(!)... let me say those aliens sure are fast
Old 12-05-2009, 11:26 PM
Approved Member

I think some are confusing OGF with AC6. One is a sim, one is arcade. It did have an arcade setting to simplify flight controls, but in the end it held you back so much it would probably just get you killed.
OGF has the best control layout on the controller as well. I don't know why flight games don't all use it. Brilliant game. I never thought I'd get done with Hell mode. I only wish we'd get another one or some dlc with more planes and missions.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philabong2 View Post
yea i remember this one lol... gotta find the right path thru the mountain... pretty tight in some corners indeed.

but brace urself theres another recon mission after this one and it aint easier
I pretty much finished the game exept for the 2 last scramble mission where u have to take 3 solid pics of both an incoming missile (cant remember the model) and a UFO(!)... let me say those aliens sure are fast
Awesome! I may have to start playing this game again. Sounds fun.