Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CENOBITE View Post
I have worked for THQ, EA, Vivendi and Insomniac Games... and if there is one constant, it's that no matter how many features or long you spend fixing issues in a game, even if it's one of the biggest selling masterpieces ever...

*many things have to been cut to get it shipped
*there will always be bugs
*you will always have man-babies whining about all sorts of sh!t on forums.

Having a separate QA is horrible and can cause all sorts of delays. Most people have absolutely no clue the effort devs put into a title and that just one bug can be the cause of divorces, ending of relationships, friendships, health issues and sad children.

Get a life and enjoy the game you pitiful, pitiful whiners. If not... go make a multi-million dollar selling game and then get back to me about your opinion.

any moron can write what they wish to be done... it's a pro that does it.
Just a little sensitive aren't we? Did you work on a game that flopped perhaps? Welcome to the real world pal! Not everybody is going to kiss your a$$ just because you so-called "worked hard".
Old 11-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInSpace View Post
Just a little sensitive aren't we? Did you work on a game that flopped perhaps? Welcome to the real world pal! Not everybody is going to kiss your a$$ just because you so-called "worked hard".
No need to b**** to them about it either.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Approved Member

I hope we'll get black/red outs in the patch as well...
Old 11-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the update on this... Just glad its on the way.
I like a few mates have put this game on the backburner until the patch.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Approved Member

[QUOTE=l88bastard;117410]join-in-progress cannot be added in Birds of Prey, but will be in sequel.

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! When people ask was it Lee Harvey Oswald that shot and killed BOP, the answer is no, no it was not LHO, but rather the lack of this one simple item. You see when you have a limited community for a niche product, the last thing you want to do is segment the consumer into isolation where they cannot join or enjoy the limited numbers of players available. Otherwise, you will piss off the limited number of consumers that sit in their big fat lazy boy wasting thirty minutes of their life and their 120" projector bulbs life looking for a match that will never come. And after a limited amount of these wasting activities said customer will buy two more monitors and then enjoy their favorite PC sims at 4960x1600 resolution and not look back at the Russian console developers that love to put nuts in vices.

In soviet Russia, not only does the game patch you, but it also pleasures your woman better, abuses your sports car and smokes your last cigarette!

And Goat I enjoyed our few skirmishes where you violated me in ways I never thought possible with a La-7, but I fear my console flying days will be few and far between as I have enlisted in WWI
[IMG]

Well my friend... I will always enjoy the memories of violating you.

Once you can take a break from that SWEET ASS GAMING RIG then send me a message and we can fly again. Who knows, I may use a Yak 3 next time.

I would join the Civil War if I had a rig like that.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Approved Member

The WW1 Fokker D.III. pictures looks like "Red Baron II" or "Red Baron III", from the graphics.

I always prefered the Pfaltz myself.

Out of all the simulators ever made, the "Red Baron" series was the best ever .... it would make a good console game, so long as they don't loose the realism somehow with the usual "dumbing down for kids" way some conversion to consoles go.

Bad Company made COD 4 and COD WaW look seriously crap by comparison. COD 2 and COD 3 were the best versions and the multiplayer on both is superior to the later versions.

The only gripe with Bad Comapny is that holding a knife makes a player bullet proof.

Operation flashpoint has a few bugs and the first update patch arrived yesterday. Still loads to be fixed and the Code Masters were against releasing it before all the bugs were fixed. Now the game is in running repair.

The days of one person writing a PC gaming classic alone, such as "X-Com Alien Unknown" are long gone. The likes of Jullian Gollop just don't exist anymore and it takes a team of programmers just to make something work with Windows.

Not all computer or console games have bugs.... "Battle Stations Pacific" is bug free, so is "Left For Dead".

Using the excuse that all games are full of bugs is like saying that because the Russian Voshkod motorcycle was a poorly built and unreliable piece of crap (I have a friend who owns one and it has never actually run in over 20 years) therefore it is OK to make all motorcycles like that. OK, so China seems to have fallen for that one.

What is wrong with striving to make something as good as it possibly can be and showing up the competition??

Last edited by Panzergranate; 11-05-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Approved Member

Actually that looks like "Rise of Flight"
Old 11-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Approved Member

It's Over Flanders Fields. It was originaly a CFS 3 mod, but the the creators completely rewrote the code and released a stand-alone retail version. Definitely worth a look if you have a PC.

Cheers!

AX
Old 11-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Approved Member

The crashes on RB 2 and RB 3 are spectacular. Aircraft hit the ground and fragment, parts scattering with true physics and the engine block tumbling for a few hundred metres.

Players have the option of baling out of a plane without a parachute, as the Allied generals didn't believe in issuing them..... the mission / career ends when the player splats on the ground.

Does "Over Flanders Field" have the sounds of the aircraft rigging creaking and straining during aerobatics?? Players had to learn to become atuned to their steeds to avoid mid air break ups.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzergranate View Post
The WW1 Fokker D.III. pictures looks like "Red Baron II" or "Red Baron III", from the graphics.

I always prefered the Pfaltz myself.

Out of all the simulators ever made, the "Red Baron" series was the best ever .... it would make a good console game, so long as they don't loose the realism somehow with the usual "dumbing down for kids" way some conversion to consoles go.

Bad Company made COD 4 and COD WaW look seriously crap by comparison. COD 2 and COD 3 were the best versions and the multiplayer on both is superior to the later versions.

The only gripe with Bad Comapny is that holding a knife makes a player bullet proof.

Operation flashpoint has a few bugs and the first update patch arrived yesterday. Still loads to be fixed and the Code Masters were against releasing it before all the bugs were fixed. Now the game is in running repair.

The days of one person writing a PC gaming classic alone, such as "X-Com Alien Unknown" are long gone. The likes of Jullian Gollop just don't exist anymore and it takes a team of programmers just to make something work with Windows.

Not all computer or console games have bugs.... "Battle Stations Pacific" is bug free, so is "Left For Dead".

Using the excuse that all games are full of bugs is like saying that because the Russian Voshkod motorcycle was a poorly built and unreliable piece of crap (I have a friend who owns one and it has never actually run in over 20 years) therefore it is OK to make all motorcycles like that. OK, so China seems to have fallen for that one.

What is wrong with striving to make something as good as it possibly can be and showing up the competition??
Do you mean the Fokker Dr.1 Triplane? Or as in the picture, the Albatross D.V I88Bastard provided? It's not a Albatross DIII, due to the bottom wing size.