Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:14 AM
Approved Member

join-in-progress cannot be added in Birds of Prey, but will be in sequel.

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! When people ask was it Lee Harvey Oswald that shot and killed BOP, the answer is no, no it was not LHO, but rather the lack of this one simple item. You see when you have a limited community for a niche product, the last thing you want to do is segment the consumer into isolation where they cannot join or enjoy the limited numbers of players available. Otherwise, you will piss off the limited number of consumers that sit in their big fat lazy boy wasting thirty minutes of their life and their 120" projector bulbs life looking for a match that will never come. And after a limited amount of these wasting activities said customer will buy two more monitors and then enjoy their favorite PC sims at 4960x1600 resolution and not look back at the Russian console developers that love to put nuts in vices.

In soviet Russia, not only does the game patch you, but it also pleasures your woman better, abuses your sports car and smokes your last cigarette!

And Goat I enjoyed our few skirmishes where you violated me in ways I never thought possible with a La-7, but I fear my console flying days will be few and far between as I have enlisted in WWI

Last edited by l88bastard; 11-05-2009 at 04:27 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:59 AM
Approved Member

Is that seriously your gaming room?

Wow...

And what game is that?
Old 11-05-2009, 05:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desode View Post
Also we are making update with self-funding, so please, give us some respect for this work - we are not obliged to do this.

Our PC version will be updated much often. "
Back in Soviet Russia.. million men die for such disrespect, when I your age I feel a lucky to be allowed even lowsy snowball to play with!! So a piss off greedy capitalists.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:44 AM
Registered Member

I have worked for THQ, EA, Vivendi and Insomniac Games... and if there is one constant, it's that no matter how many features or long you spend fixing issues in a game, even if it's one of the biggest selling masterpieces ever...

*many things have to been cut to get it shipped
*there will always be bugs
*you will always have man-babies whining about all sorts of sh!t on forums.

Having a separate QA is horrible and can cause all sorts of delays. Most people have absolutely no clue the effort devs put into a title and that just one bug can be the cause of divorces, ending of relationships, friendships, health issues and sad children.

Get a life and enjoy the game you pitiful, pitiful whiners. If not... go make a multi-million dollar selling game and then get back to me about your opinion.

any moron can write what they wish to be done... it's a pro that does it.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l88bastard View Post
join-in-progress cannot be added in Birds of Prey, but will be in sequel.

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! When people ask was it Lee Harvey Oswald that shot and killed BOP, the answer is no, no it was not LHO, but rather the lack of this one simple item. You see when you have a limited community for a niche product, the last thing you want to do is segment the consumer into isolation where they cannot join or enjoy the limited numbers of players available. Otherwise, you will piss off the limited number of consumers that sit in their big fat lazy boy wasting thirty minutes of their life and their 120" projector bulbs life looking for a match that will never come. And after a limited amount of these wasting activities said customer will buy two more monitors and then enjoy their favorite PC sims at 4960x1600 resolution and not look back at the Russian console developers that love to put nuts in vices.

In soviet Russia, not only does the game patch you, but it also pleasures your woman better, abuses your sports car and smokes your last cigarette!

And Goat I enjoyed our few skirmishes where you violated me in ways I never thought possible with a La-7, but I fear my console flying days will be few and far between as I have enlisted in WWI
You make me laugh my friend, your posts always have given me a great smile.

As for WWI, I will be joining you very shortly, I ordered OFF today and I'm going to get Rise of flight , in the next month. What kind of rig are you using to run these WWI sims ? I just built a new AMD 3.0 ghz quad, I just have the intergrated Nvidia 750a sli right now but I'm looking to buy a nice card to link with the intergrated card. If you get a chance, tell me your rig and what graphics level your running on the game. I'd appreciate the info.
DESODE
Old 11-05-2009, 09:46 AM
Approved Member

holy crap l88bastard if we were all filthy stinking rich enough to have a gaming pc and 3 big screens we wouldn't be using ps3's would we.

The whole point of putting a game on console is to try to make it NOT a niche product (such as games for gaming pc's with wraparound screens are)

but to get lots of people to play it

I don't think join-in-progress is needed or that it would even be a wise addition. The last thing a 1 on 1 team battle needs is to suddenly turn into a 2-on-1 battle, or a 3-on-2. Not that it doesn't happen in real life, but it's pretty unfair to the unlucky player who suddenly gets double-teamed.

But it should be possible to join the ROOM when the game is in progress. That's standard. Right now there can be a game in progress and you'd never know it cause quick match says there's none unless the match is waiting to start - which usually takes about a minute, compared to 10 minutes for the actual match.

If they could just stop the matches from self-terminating after every round, and let people join the match lobby and wait for the next round, it would make a world of difference.

what is the url of anton's forums, somebody should mention that the "own money" they spent on the patch will come back to them in the form of sales to people who aren't obligated to buy the game. If the patch fixes the MP then sales would jump probably 500 percent at least.

Last edited by kozzm0; 11-05-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzm0 View Post
holy crap l88bastard if we were all filthy stinking rich enough to have a gaming pc and 3 big screens we wouldn't be using ps3's would we.

The whole point of putting a game on console is to try to make it NOT a niche product (such as games for gaming pc's with wraparound screens are)

but to get lots of people to play it

I don't think join-in-progress is needed or that it would even be a wise addition. The last thing a 1 on 1 team battle needs is to suddenly turn into a 2-on-1 battle, or a 3-on-2. Not that it doesn't happen in real life, but it's pretty unfair to the unlucky player who suddenly gets double-teamed.

But it should be possible to join the ROOM when the game is in progress. That's standard. Right now there can be a game in progress and you'd never know it cause quick match says there's none unless the match is waiting to start - which usually takes about a minute, compared to 10 minutes for the actual match.

If they could just stop the matches from self-terminating after every round, and let people join the match lobby and wait for the next round, it would make a world of difference.

what is the url of anton's forums, somebody should mention that the "own money" they spent on the patch will come back to them in the form of sales to people who aren't obligated to buy the game. If the patch fixes the MP then sales would jump probably 500 percent at least.
I agree on the join-in-progress comment, more or less. If there's going to be join-in-progress, more server options should be available I think.
But you can keep the 1v1 battle a 1v1 battle if you just set the player limit to 2 .
I'm quite sure the sales won't jump 500% after the patch. I don't think there's that many people that don't have the game, but are waiting for the patch to buy it .
Old 11-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Seraph View Post
I agree on the join-in-progress comment, more or less. If there's going to be join-in-progress, more server options should be available I think.
But you can keep the 1v1 battle a 1v1 battle if you just set the player limit to 2 .
I'm quite sure the sales won't jump 500% after the patch. I don't think there's that many people that don't have the game, but are waiting for the patch to buy it .
yeah that's true about player limit, I guess... but once there's more peeps playing, if you set the limit to 4 hoping for a good match but then have to start the match with just 2, it should stay 1 on 1.

there's not people sitting around thinking "I'm gonna get BOP after it's patched" but there are a lot of people hearing "don't buy BOP cause the MP sucks." Reputation sells a lot of copies.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CENOBITE View Post
*many things have to been cut to get it shipped
*there will always be bugs
*you will always have man-babies whining about all sorts of sh!t on forums.

Having a separate QA is horrible and can cause all sorts of delays. Most people have absolutely no clue the effort devs put into a title...

Get a life and enjoy the game you pitiful, pitiful whiners. If not... go make a multi-million dollar selling game and then get back to me about your opinion.

any moron can write what they wish to be done... it's a pro that does it.
Amen dude. As a game programmer I can tell you being caught in a publisher/QA sandwich is no fun. And having suits constantly saying no to cool features is incredibly frustrating.

Chances are the devs thought of most things people post that they want in the game, but the cold hard reality of the business world got in the way.

Quote:
No, it won't. Publishers pay developers to develop - that pays the developer's salaries, office rent etc etc. Any money made from sales goes to the publisher (although there may be some kind of royalty deal with the developer).
Old 11-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
EA is working on their millionth sequel to Battlefield but they're calling it Bad Company 2 which makes it the sequel to the lame Bad Company. They'll only get away with it cause they're EA and they have graphics fanboys.
I think you are very wrong here. The graphics in Bad Company or BF1943 have never been very good or fantastic. Anyone can see that by simply comparing.

I think those games are popular because they have multiplayer that is fluid, and works... Something which cannot be said about many other console games.