Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Approved Member

Default Patch Update

Just thought you guys might want to know, the admin over at Anton's forums made these posts to day. Its not much but atleast a update so we all know the patch is still on its way.

Todace: "Hi guys
Title update is in QA agian - a few issues with multiplayer were found.
More news about title update will be next week.

BTW Some news about sequel and PC version of the game will be very soon. And on this forum will be a day before others."

Then this was asked "
Can you give us any info on what the MP bugs were?

Also, this whole issue that the publisher is not going to release the update...can you make any comments on that?

Thanks again for your continued support, it is much appreciated"

Todace: "Well, first of all publishers are still going to release update. There are just lots of communication delays, like this: we made update, publisher scheduled QA on next week, then QA worked and found issues, then our turn agian.
We have repeated this at least 6 times, and each iteration takes time, usually week and more.
You know updates are not primary buisness for publishers (any of them) and as they don't have internal QA team it take much more time.
I'm talking about PS3 update. X360 will be scheduled for QA not earlier then PS3 update will pass Sony's QA.
Bugs are about disconnects in some cases.

So most of time we are not making or fixing update but just waiting.
But on other hand our works on sequel are on schedule. And all the issues that we have fixed in update or all features that were added will be in sequel. And even more - things like replays or join-in-progress cannot be added in Birds of Prey, but will be in sequel.

So, you are not forgetten, guys "

Then this was asked "lol they are working on a sequel, having not even fixed the first game. Are you really trying to tell me that, replays, more options and all the other missing things were not on the table for the original and you didn't just cut them for budget reasons ? Be honest, you just wanted this game out to generate some cash and check out the market.
Granted all IL-2 releases needed a few patches, but they all included far more features.
You should have taken way more cues from the PC versions. "

Todace: "Keep your lols for someone else. PC is very different from consoles. If you don't want to listen what I'm talking about - then don't ask questions.
Just for example - there is no possibility to add replays for console version. This feature requires more memory then it is possible to have. So that means that this is not just 'add' feature. Join-in-Progress, for example can be done on consoles. But it cannot be done in ranked match which is required on Live, and it requires more tests to pass certification. And as we have no posibility to make open beta-test on consoles it was impossible to have it.
And so on.

And, BTW, publisher have to pay platformholders for each update. That is completely different from PC.
Also we are making update with self-funding, so please, give us some respect for this work - we are not obliged to do this.

Our PC version will be updated much often. "

So there you have it guys, the latest info on the patch. It sheds some light on the situation a little and lets us know that the patch is still on its way.

Have a Great day, Desode
Old 11-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

I understand the dude's anger that made "Todace" mad... but, cmon, this isn't the Soviet Union... these Russian devs are gonna have to start learning their markets, you can't just go around releasing a game, creating a dev's forum and leaving your community in the dark saying, "We don't have any obligation to make an update, we are using our own money" I know they probably grew up in communism and that influence is hard to shake, but in order to succeed in markets abroad you need to know how communicate effectively and not leave people hanging, thinking "We don't have to tell you nothing, it is the way it is, long live Mother Russia"
Old 11-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Approved Member

Here we go again with the "please give us respect because we are paying out of pocket for the update and we are not obliged to do this". Are you kidding me! The game is broken and you released it as is! You should do the honorable thing and correct it! I swear they'd charge us if they could for the update.

This is the second time I've heard this from the developers and I'm starting to wonder if their inexperience is the culprit for a lot of the issues we are having.

And BTW I enjoy this game and appreciate all of their hard work.

EDIT: I've been thinking this for a while but I haven't said it but the poster above me did so here we go. I also suspect some issues and attitudes are the result of cultural (oh what is the word?).

Last edited by LostInSpace; 11-04-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Approved Member

Now that I know the patch is coming for sure it will be must easier to wait it out. Besides I'm gonna have MW2 to keep me busy.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:22 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the update on this... Much appreciated.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Approved Member

Wow, i find the developpers are often mean..
Anyway, i don't even play the game anymore.
So they can be rude to new people now.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Approved Member

In Soviet Russia . . . game patches you!
Old 11-05-2009, 12:58 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for finding and posting this buddy.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:32 AM
Approved Member

That's all any developer is about lately, cheap sequels. Make a quick sequel, no matter how crappy, to make the quick buck.

But there's a rule about sequels: first you have to make a great game and sell a lot of copies, before you can make a sequel.

EA is working on their millionth sequel to Battlefield but they're calling it Bad Company 2 which makes it the sequel to the lame Bad Company. They'll only get away with it cause they're EA and they have graphics fanboys.

I don't think 505 can get away with that. BoP has to be finished before they can make a sequel.

Judging by the number of players on the boards, I'd guess it hasn't sold 50k copies yet, not on ps3 at least. When the game isn't selling well isn't the time to talk sequel.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by windchaser View Post
in soviet russia . . . Game patches you!
lmmfao!!!