Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

View Poll Results: Do you want Red outs and black outs in simulation mode?
Yes 56 91.80%
no (post your reasons why) 5 8.20%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2009, 03:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reynard11 View Post
If it had to be a fixed layout then Over-G's wins hands down. Lt stick for pitch & roll, Rt stick for head-cam, Triggers for rudder control & Shoulder buttons for throttle control. To me that just makes sense, no?
I agree completely. That layout was simply great.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrelevant View Post
Wow, that's an awesome layout. Shit.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I agree too.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:58 AM
Approved Member

First of all I voted 'Yes'

However, I am not unhappy if the blackout/redout feature is not there. Think about it realistically - with games being dumbed down for consoles everywhere and 'casual players' dictating what they want to see in a game by being the majority it is almost a miracle how 1C was able to realize a simulation mode like the one presented in this game.

I'm sure Anton and his team fought hard to give us all features that can be included technically. Maybe, if this game becomes a huge commercial success, the publisher will allow the designers more freedom for the sequel.

We, the people on this forum are a tiny part of the whole community that will play the game. We are (unfortunately) not representative for the major part of potential customers.

If you wanna see a really dumb game, play Blazing Angels - you don't even have a cockpit view there!
Old 07-31-2009, 09:19 AM
Approved Member

Fantastic game. I can definately live without the blackouts. I voted no because that's just how I roll!
Old 07-31-2009, 09:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Yes this is the perfect layout for a flight sim on the gamepad definately. To shoot you would use 'A' I assume? This works because once you've found you target moving head with right stick you would get your sights on him and take thumb off of stick and onto 'A' to shoot, no need to shoot whilst moving your head.

Lets pray for an update later on that has this layout as an option! For now I am managing with what has been done without a huge problem.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:56 AM
Registered Member

I voted no because it's not very important to me, to be completely honest. I guess i would classify myself somewhere between casual and hardcore for the most part. Sim seems hard enough to me as it is, i do understand that there will be a pretty steep learning curve. You can only crash and burn so many times before you ask yourself "what the hell am i doing wrong?" lol.....
Old 07-31-2009, 10:01 AM
Approved Member

I voted 'NO', because I respect this decision of the developers. I know it's hard to please everyone but it looks like you came very close to this. IMO the current balance between user-friendliness (arcade) and realism is fine. Blackouts/redouts are not the most important things to me in an aerial combat game.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:58 PM
Registered Member

Hi all
I liked the demo and am really looking forward to the full release in September!

Cheers