Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

View Poll Results: Would you pay EUR/$ 10 for German fighter cockpits?
Yes, definitely worth it. 51 86.44%
No, won't bother. 8 13.56%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2010, 02:17 AM
Approved Member

There are many differances between both games. Fly a G-10 on BoP, and then WoP. You will see a differance for sure. Differant bullet sounds, and a cockpit. There are too many differances for them to be exact clones.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsakov829 View Post
There are many differances between both games. Fly a G-10 on BoP, and then WoP. You will see a differance for sure. Differant bullet sounds, and a cockpit. There are too many differances for them to be exact clones.
Bullet sounds, cockpit sounds and German cockpits are incidental. The flight models are the same and the core single player campaign is the same. No one said they are exact clones.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:01 AM
Approved Member

For those who don't visit the yuplay forum here is just two posts red is Anton's reply to the member. Remember these are from February.

Quote:
QUOTE (imnotgeoff @ Feb 15 2010, 05:31 PM)
hey anton just a quick question,what's your honest opinion about flight sims being on consoles?do you think that the market is there to sustain a continual community with DLC and other things,i ask because BOP is really the only one trying to do the full sim thing,the blazing angels games dont count an neither does heroe over europe.Or do you think that with all the problems regarding the bop patch for 360 and the fact sims are niche titles,that there is a future for them?

Anton

I think, they will be one or two more shots in this generation. Probably, from us
But I don't think DLC thing is going to work. Yes, DLC that was released by 505 was pverpriced, but there is no any other flightsim game on the market and 5% DLC buy rate would be reasonable - but it never reachs this rate

QUOTE (Haiitch40 @ Feb 16 2010, 02:47 PM)
am i right in saying that now bop development is dead and i need to pin my hopes on you guys making a sequal??

We are very willing to make sequel (and are doing some development already, incorporating new features to Wings of Prey).
We hope, we'll sign deal with some publisher (developers can't release X360 game themselves, without publisher, even on XB Live) - the Birds of Prey was successful, probably not the best title of all times, but meets expectations.
We do not have publishing deal signed yet.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Approved Member

that's a great quote, thanks trk
Old 10-22-2010, 04:14 PM
Approved Member

Just to clear this up..

BoP was a basic port from IL-2 1946, simplified FM DM etc to suit consoles, graphics improved etc. WoP was a rushed port of the console version. German cockpits and sounds were already being developed for the consoles by this point.

Last edited by winny; 10-22-2010 at 07:16 PM. Reason: It was as clear as mud..
Old 10-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
Just to clear this up..

BoP was a basic port from IL-2 1946, simplified FM DM etc to suit consoles, graphics improved etc. WoP was a rushed port of the console version. German cockpits and sounds were already being developed for the consoles by this point.
Errrm....Winny, Il-2 1946 and BoP (fixed your typo in my quote) are completely different games by differnt developers using a different game engine.

The only thing they have in common is gaijin used oleg maddox' 1946 game flight statistics as a base for how the different planes perform in BoP and even then the translation of the stats between the two games seemed bad (FW190, P-51), every single plane handles differently in both games.

WoP is the PC version of BoP. It would no doubt have been called BoP on PC aswell and published on dvd had 505 games not jumped ship (505 own the BoP game name, Gaijin would have had to pay 505 royalties). By passing the PC software off as a different game they cut 505 out the loop.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 10-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Approved Member

That's not what Oleg said on the other forum, he said BoP started from a port over of 1946.

The rest is spot on. WoP was a get out of jail name..

Oops on the WoP.. I'll fix it.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
That's not what Oleg said on the other forum, he said BoP started from a port over of 1946.

The rest is spot on. WoP was a get out of jail name..

Oops on the WoP.. I'll fix it.
Wasn't hard to find my proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
It isn't actually a IL2 engine.
We used only flight model and a bit of AI from original IL-2.
IL2 was very good, but is really too old now and completely not multi-platform (is uses Java a lot).

Thanks!

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=132

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope

Last edited by Robotic Pope; 10-22-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Approved Member

i love it when "proof" shows up, makes things easy to believe