Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 12-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Approved Member

Default Shadows on trees?

Hi guys i was just wondering is there anyway to turn of shadows on tree,s in config?
Old 12-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Approved Member

Not sure! Doesn't it come under 'shadows' in the settings, or is that just for aircraft?
What about the 'no trees' setting?
Old 12-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Approved Member

Thats the point for him I guess (and for me as well btw ^^)
If you enable shadows you enable ALL shadows in game. This means your cockpit shadow, aircraft shadow of your and the other planes, and shadows of ALL trees and buildings in your surroundings.
This is why shadows are such a tremendous hit for the performance. The option to turn on just the cockpit/aircraft shadows would help a lot for the performance I guess as you can rather disclaim the tree/building shadows as the ones from the planes.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:06 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs down The tree thing is very very annoying

I had a fly tonight and came across a 109 coming towards me. I turned in behind him and saw him diving to the deck. The next thing I see is he is flying through the trees.
I kept above the tree line waiting for him to pop up. He just kept flying through those trees until he built up enough speed to exit and outclimb me.
His mate came in and filled me full of holes, which didn't bother me. I manged to land in a field.
The advice I got was 'turn off the trees'. It annoys me that I have to turn off the basics of the game to stop these buggers cheating. It sucks.
I hope, one day, they do something about this. It ruins the whole feel of the game when things like this happen.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:30 AM
Approved Member

If you want the massive FPS hit that will include tracking the damage systems and shadows of all the trees around you then fine, I don't see a problem. But for those of us who like FPS, it's quite fine how it is.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:22 AM
Approved Member

It all seems a less than ideal solution. Not quite where I thought we'd be after all this time.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by banned View Post
I had a fly tonight and came across a 109 coming towards me. I turned in behind him and saw him diving to the deck. The next thing I see is he is flying through the trees.
I kept above the tree line waiting for him to pop up. He just kept flying through those trees until he built up enough speed to exit and outclimb me.
His mate came in and filled me full of holes, which didn't bother me. I manged to land in a field.
The advice I got was 'turn off the trees'. It annoys me that I have to turn off the basics of the game to stop these buggers cheating. It sucks.
I hope, one day, they do something about this. It ruins the whole feel of the game when things like this happen.
im sorry to tell you this, but you might not be handling cheaters. I for one cnat run trees in game. so i have htem set to off. when i hit the deck, i have no idea where trees are suppose to be at.

Even a old 1946 trees option would be better than off. if trees were colidable.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pupo162 View Post
im sorry to tell you this, but you might not be handling cheaters. I for one cnat run trees in game. so i have htem set to off. when i hit the deck, i have no idea where trees are suppose to be at.

Yes, true mate. He probably wasn't cheating. Still annoying though.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pupo162 View Post

Hi I would be interested to know if you are running 64 bit or 32?

Cheers,

Niels