Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2011, 06:10 AM
Approved Member

If only I knew Russian!

I liked the video, not for the details it portrayed, but more for the lack of details shown. If you notice, all the close-ups of the planes weren't very detailed. The ground textures / grass weren't detailed as well.

I would wager a guess and say the graphic settings were somewhere towards medium, maybe even medium/low in that video.

We've all seen the screen shots and videos of grass moving with the wind, metalic shine of the Stuka, and every single rivot modeled in a wing, for instance.

This video showed none of that, and should make all those people with medium systems breath a sigh of relief. The video looked just a tad better than our current IL2 modded, and with that (not meant as an insult by any means), I'd guess that we have a wide variety of options for graphics/detail level to help with FPS issues and with those who don't own high end machines. That's very cool IMO.

ATAG Forums + Stats