Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Assault Squad

Men of War: Assault Squad Sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War

Old 07-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Registered Member

Default bad community or unlucky?

Hi I'm a late comer to this game, I love the game play, but I must say the behavior on the MP arena has almost turned me off this game already.

I have three Issues with the online community.
The first is that when I try to join a game I'm (very) often kicked for being a "Noob". Well how the f... I'm supposed to stop being a noob if I don't get to play?

Second, when in game, people as soon as they encounter a little adversity often leaves the game right away (which don't help my stats, and appearance as a noob, as far as I can see).

Lastly the tone in the games is very harsh I must say, I'm by no means soft skinned, I have played a lot of online games and know the tone, but it just seems to me that there is less of a gentleman spirit in this game than other Strategy games. (maby im just unlucky?)

Sorry about this little rant. I'm interested, am I the only one that feels this way or am I not alone in this? I guess it would help if I got some friends that played this game.

Regards.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:41 AM
Approved Member

lol welcome to mow mp babies, heroes and wanna be armchair generals rofl.

I use to play mp all the time but you get banned especially if you beat people constantly with their little inf or tank spams ..oooohhh lamerz, anyway it`s not really cause your a nube..ok maybe sometimes...make sure you lose lots and they will let you play. I use to hand their asses to them all the time in mp using mostly lowly weak japan with a couple other friends and all they would do is whine and cry and rant...my ban list was huge due to the poor losers& sookies in mp. Your better off getting together with some friends. Toward the end I use to play with new peeps cause no one else wanted to ( actually me and a couple other peeps did & hosted ). it`s sad that a lot think they are mow gods but just go to you tube and watch these people`s vids..hilarious..I also like when they mostly use to take only ussr or germany..bunch of pussies..we still pwned you`s and with japan hehehe those were good times. You know who you peeps were.

My suggestion is host your own newbies only server then you can welcome and play with other new players and have a horse`s butt free gaming experience...um free from all the horse`s butt other players in mp..You can also post for other new players to join you and hook up with them online. i wouldn`t let the horse`s butts in mp discourage you from having fun with the game..there are ways around it...be warned though your ban list may get big there are a lot of um you know what`s out there in mp land..

I eventually left mp cause the`complete loser to good peep ratio was so high....obviously from your post that hasn`t changed one bit. There was maybe a max of 15 or 20 good players with good sportmanship in mp that i can recall. I personally didn`t really care if I won or lost I just liked to play the game it`s all good ( yes I still tried to win lol )..

good luck man and have fun..that`s why ya got the game. There are cry babies in every mp game but unfortunately of all the mp games I`ve played ( and there is a lot ) this one is the worst for mp tits...too bad it ruins it for the mp community when you have these peeps in mp. Mybe someone who plays and is not a horse`s butt will post here and let you join..they never know you may turn out to be a very good player and team mate etc if someone just gives you a chance

Last edited by KiloAlpha4; 07-18-2012 at 05:01 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:12 AM
Approved Member

Its a bad community, players in online games all eventually get this elitist attitude about them and once they pass the "noob" stage, they become very arrogant, selfish, rude and all in all a total asshole....go PLay World of Tanks, you will see this predominately all throughout the game. Players seem to have 0 tolerance for noobs..but instead of helping them get past teh noob stage, they instead ridicule and turn them away....its irritating as hell and I do not do taht...If your a true noob and really dont know how to play, I will help you, answer questions and let you learn the game...seems noone does that anymore...makes picking uip a new game a tough cookie eh?

Really, teh way I see it lately, SP is almost more fun then MP cuz ATLEAST if you play AI its....not full of assholes....I find it harder to put up with the idiocy and overall shit ass attitude coming from game playerbases then I do playing the game...

Men of War is a rock ass game and I hope you are able to get into it some. I have since made my own mod for the game and play SP..ive got a Coop campaign to play but seeing how noone has my mod can never play them coop haha...so its all SP for me.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Registered Member

This does not sound good , i hope these elitists will let me play. I just bought the game, mainly for the multiplayer experience.
I played Faces of war and Men of war(original) online allot a few years ago, so not really a noob, but they cant see that on my rank!
Old 09-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Approved Member

Best is to play at the time when europeans are awake or weekends most players then, as for mp games if you see high ranks players host game such as 2v2 or 3v3 usually they looking for a good challenge so either host ur own or during the time of day when most players are on u can usually get in game with variety of players.

Skirmishes/Missions by DJSatane
Old 09-27-2012, 09:43 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsatane View Post
Best is to play at the time when europeans are awake or weekends most players then, as for mp games if you see high ranks players host game such as 2v2 or 3v3 usually they looking for a good challenge so either host ur own or during the time of day when most players are on u can usually get in game with variety of players.
Thank you for the advice, I'm also European, so i'm also awake then! I'll avoid the high ranked games and try to get a better rank !

I also have to upgrade my grafics card so i get the three bars pc performance !

Last edited by Casual; 09-27-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:39 AM
Approved Member

Well, you can play with me if you like i have 15000 game played on men of war and about 800 in men of war Assault Squad but i don't like it for my own reason but if you need help of a team mate to help you can add me on steam. TIGERvsWOLF aka SpeedWolf
Old 10-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
The first is that when I try to join a game I'm (very) often kicked for being a "Noob". Well how the f... I'm supposed to stop being a noob if I don't get to play
You join a noob game, why the hell should veterans who want a challenging game have to play with a first timer? How inconsiderate of you.

Quote:
Lastly the tone in the games is very harsh I must say, I'm by no means soft skinned, I have played a lot of online games and know the tone, but it just seems to me that there is less of a gentleman spirit in this game than other Strategy games
You seem like a really weird person and you expect all people to be the same (Marxist doctrine in your country no doubt).

Overall, you appear to be someone who has little gaming experience, someone who may play a few games then quit. I've played most strategy games and this 'gentlemen' spirit you talk of is nonsense.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Registered Member

Persuade your friends to play the game with you. Or add me 'unguided' on steam.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho pigeon View Post
You join a noob game, why the hell should veterans who want a challenging game have to play with a first timer? How inconsiderate of you.

You seem like a really weird person and you expect all people to be the same (Marxist doctrine in your country no doubt).

Overall, you appear to be someone who has little gaming experience, someone who may play a few games then quit. I've played most strategy games and this 'gentlemen' spirit you talk of is nonsense.

When you seem like a judgemental prick. Go play games like Rise Of Flight and its all just Gents who are polite and respect others in their forum AND in-game. There's plenty other games like that.

To the OP :

Dont listen what this guy says, a lot of game as a lot of gentleman in there and I understand what you say. The community in MOW is one of the worst I have seen along with World Of Tank.

I was also turned off for the longest time and I stopped playing because of it, but once you pass the rank of Lieutenant or higher, you dont get any problem getting into games. Also the best would be to keep note of the nice and good players you see and add them to STEAM. I did this and ended up with a fair share of players I can now play with, you can dictate our own rules, ( such as : 1 heavy and 2 medium per battle, once its dead, its dead ) in order to make it look like a real battlefield and not just a mess.

Well either way, just find some nice players and add them on a list somewhere.