Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Assault Squad

Men of War: Assault Squad Sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War

Old 06-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Registered Member

Default Game don't working when update patch 2.05.13

I update game Men of War: Assault Squad to patch 2.05.13. and when I enter the serial number... Activation Fail. If i don't update patch and play game with older patch 2.00.11 => game working. Help me!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Registered Member

Default Game disabled after patch

Are you running the Game of the Year Edition? I had the same problem when I applied the patch to that version (I had to reinstall game).

My guess is that we need a separate patch for the Game of the Year Edition (unless that version already has these updates)
Old 06-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garlandnh View Post
Are you running the Game of the Year Edition? I had the same problem when I applied the patch to that version (I had to reinstall game).

My guess is that we need a separate patch for the Game of the Year Edition (unless that version already has these updates)
You can give me your mail yahoo or guide me? I have tried reinstall but it don't work.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:11 PM
Registered Member

Default Reinstalling

All I did was use the Windows 7 Control Panel to remove the Game of the Year Edition from my main Program Files (x86) directory. After that I double checked to make sure the folder entitled "1C Company\Men of War.Assault Squad.Game of the Year" was no longer there.

After that, I downloaded and installed the game again from the site I originally purchased it from.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Registered Member

So you reinstall game MOW AS GOTY and enter serial number or update patch v2.05.13 and enter serial number? You can give me your yahoo mail?
Old 06-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Registered Member

Default reinstalling the GOTY edition

After reinstalling the GOTY edition, DO NOT apply the new patch. I have never needed to enter a serial number for the downloaded version I have (purchased from Amazon). I only got a request for a serial number after the patch was applied and, of course, it was invalid.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:21 PM
Registered Member

So sad... I tried del game, download again and update new patch and ===============>>> Activation Failed.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:31 PM
Registered Member

As mentioned above, you cannot use the new patch on the GOTY version. So uninstall the game, reinstall it, and do nothing more. Wait until we hear from technical support about the status of a possible patch for the GOTY edition.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Approved Member

If you use steam you could try registering your goty version with steam and that may update it properly, not 100% sure but worth a try assuming you have no issues with using steam.

Skirmishes/Missions by DJSatane
Old 06-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Registered Member

Default Update

As suggested, I tried activating the GOTY edition on Steam using the GameSpy key supplied by Amazon but it did not work (either did the primary serial key).

So I applied the patch again and tried using the GameSpy key instead of the serial key when prompted for activation key but it did not work. So I had to uninstall and reinstall again.

Thanks for the suggestion though - now it is just wait and see what tech support says on this forum.