Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorflame View Post
ha i rather play ANY homm than KB:TL

sure KB:TL was great once u finished it but afterwards there is nothing to be done

the maps stay the same
the unit combo's stay the same
even the spell u use will be the same

i really got bored of KB:TL after some extensive research on the game KB:TL is very limited without a multiplayer option or some variation in the quest

homm5 however is better in my eyes

you can use different hero builds to your liking

and the ai is tough sometimes to beat

any homm5 player remember the cultist? this map is a pain in the ass
took me several tries to get this map down the rest is rather easy

and to be honest i love to replay each homm from time to time..

but with KB:tl 2-3 months of extensive gaming and i all ended i don't feel the urge to play it again
it has no kicks in it anymore

everything has been done by either me or other players on this forum

homm is a far more extend universe
To be fair, there is a good amounbt of randomness in this game: the kind of troops you get offered on places, the artifacts and spells you find, the enemy heroes you find, etc. Also, you can always create some variety yourself by using different troops, we have a lot of different types to choose from.

That said, yeah, I wish that was multi-player and/or another mode of play with a random generated map and more open-ended gameplay. Or at least a map editor.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Approved Member

i already tried almost everything in KB:TL

in homm i haven't done that yet

heroic on homm is much harder than impossible here
Old 11-11-2009, 02:57 PM
Approved Member

hopefully Heroes VI will be more like II & III than IV & V. Disciples III is looking quite promising & Stardocks Elemental-WOM is going to be awesome. i also wonder if AP will be the last iteration in the KB series. now if I2 would only announce Warlords V & WBC IV and Time Gate a Kohan 3!
Old 11-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Approved Member

indeed i really aiming for homm VI and disciples 3 they look very entertaining

and WBC also great game

warlords is rather easy ^^

get a good hero and steamroll all
Old 11-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
i already tried almost everything in KB:TL

in homm i haven't done that yet

heroic on homm is much harder than impossible here
When heroic becomes easy (cause the AI is stupid, dont matter how much it cheats), try multiplayer, with the guys from this forum:

http://heroescommunity.com/forumdisplay.php3?FID=1

You will find that heroic is nothing compared to a smart human player.

Also, HoMM 5 is pretty much like 3 and 2, the 4th is the different one. If they give us and improved HoMM 5, with better AI, better engine, better balance, some tweaks, I would be pretty happy.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Approved Member

do smart human homm players exist?

it all depends on how you build your hero and how effective you are with your troops losing hardly troops in hard fights

kamikaze dungeon rocks
Old 04-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
ha i rather play ANY homm than KB:TL

sure KB:TL was great once u finished it but afterwards there is nothing to be done

the maps stay the same
the unit combo's stay the same
even the spell u use will be the same

i really got bored of KB:TL after some extensive research on the game KB:TL is very limited without a multiplayer option or some variation in the quest

homm5 however is better in my eyes

you can use different hero builds to your liking

and the ai is tough sometimes to beat

any homm5 player remember the cultist? this map is a pain in the ass
took me several tries to get this map down the rest is rather easy

and to be honest i love to replay each homm from time to time..

but with KB:tl 2-3 months of extensive gaming and i all ended i don't feel the urge to play it again
it has no kicks in it anymore

everything has been done by either me or other players on this forum

homm is a far more extend universe
I know it's a old post.. don't care

I'd rather play kings bounty 7 times over than play homm5..

Homm5's AI is slow! (I mean if you turn it up.. and not very good I think) and it seems like they designed the game 90% to be flashy and less on game play.. one thing kings bounty actually has is game play w/ flash

I also don't like/find exciting homm5's campaign where as homm2 is great and homm3.. get's old after your charachter gets god awful powerful! (yah, know 3-4 dimension doors to any castle etc.! )

I really like homm2 and partially 3 (and even 1 it's older now ) but 4 I don't want to play for some reason.. 5 is mostly boring.. mostly..

I would rather play homm2 (which has good AI) or homm3 (which has poor AI) but neater features.. sorta.. then homm5 any day.. or kings bounty (both versions as of now!) Armored Princess beginning challenge rocks.. but gets old after the challenge is over!
Old 04-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Approved Member

Totally agreed. HOMMIII is still my favourite iteration of the HOMM series. IV, while not bad on its own with the new skill system, was very different (you could easily annihilate enemy armies with just your own hero and no army, you couldn't cast a spell anytime you wanted but had to wait your turn).

I immensely dislike HOMMV. Not just for the WOW/Warhammer-mimicking art style that was such a big change from the bright colorfull style of II-III-IV, but for one reason:
-Initiative.

They really messed that one up, unlike KB where there is still an initiative system but you can easily tell when your units will act. There are no real rounds as such in HOMMV, some creatures can act twice before another even gets a shot off. To make matters worse, your hero is limited by initiative too, which for spellcasters severely limits the clever use of spells at your choice of the moment.

The skill system was nice, and the unit abilities are nice too, but compared to KB's unit roster, not so innovative. Another big minus was, for me, the change from Hexagonal to square, and the "big units". In hexagonal system, big units were 2 hexes, and that wasn't a big problem on the battlefield. In the square system, they are 2x2 squares big, and the battlefield is usually very small, making movement very very hard for non-flying large units.

I upgraded my computer just to play with HOMMV, 2 years ago, and as of yet I have not gone further then the Warlock campaign... I just lost interest. The skill system, while usefull, was a lottery - you would try getting some of the nice combo skills, but you had no guarantee you will get the chance to pick up the pre-requisites. I would now rather play with the normal HOMMIII (not WOG, that mod is a mess and too over-complicated sadly...) then V.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by master.jimmy View Post
king's bounty 1990
Heroes of might and magic 1994

hoM&M comes later... i always wanna say this

I ve played both. No match about it. Music, design, combact/strategy, arts. KB is so much better.
The only disadvantage is "no multiplayer game".
Heroes is a "stage/episode" game, KB has an history and it's 1 story. A Strategic game/rpg (with strategic battle)
In HOMM EVERY episode, u should "build",find resource, clear buildings to hire troops... very boring.
No match for me.
KB > all
Vol 2 on 1988

Last edited by goodview; 10-21-2011 at 02:32 PM.