Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Yep, I believe you. I wasn't saying you cheated, simply that I wasn't sure how to cut it down to 24 days. I would have thought it possible to complete the game this quickly on lower difficulties by avoiding several fights. My Impossible game took 36 days and it would have been even longer (maybe 40-42) if I had cleared out everything.

I haven't tried the Giant tactic you describe here, but it sounds good. And it looks liked I guessed correctly with the Sacrifice - initial Sprites/Lake Fairies tactic. I think we agree that these are best units for damage in the game. Criticals of up to 20,000 are quite possible with 20,000 leadership.

So well done!
Hey Zhuangzi

Right now I am beginning of Day 19 and I am left with the labyrinth and Murock. the only reason i think it will take me more than 24 days (and that's a ? ) is because i left one obelisk unmarked in the undead lands (I was damn sure I marked it b4 i went back). the trick is to try and minimize traveling, If u go to a continent make sure u stay there until u finish everything and if u travel try to do it between 00:00 to 6:55 so u save a day (I would recommend between 03:00 and 6:55 is u have the night fighter skill).
I am sure that with a mage I will be able to cut that down even further.

BTW the witcher is a good game, the only thing annoying about it was the huge loading time but i heard the new ver got that fixed).

Last edited by Spiralkill; 11-04-2008 at 05:26 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Approved Member

If you are up to day 19 now, then there's no reason you can't finish by day 24, even with going back to the Undead lands. So kudos to you. I knew about the time of day travelling thing, but I still seemed to have to go back and forth a bit in my Impossible game.

I will persevere with The Witcher (and they have fixed loading times) but right now I am enjoying Vampire: Bloodlines. Basically the beginning of that seemed better than the beginning of The Witcher.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
If you are up to day 19 now, then there's no reason you can't finish by day 24, even with going back to the Undead lands. So kudos to you. I knew about the time of day travelling thing, but I still seemed to have to go back and forth a bit in my Impossible game.

I will persevere with The Witcher (and they have fixed loading times) but right now I am enjoying Vampire: Bloodlines. Basically the beginning of that seemed better than the beginning of The Witcher.
I'm up to day 9 and currently clearing elven area. This includes an extra trip to pirate area. I'm undecided If I want to make a third trip to pirate area (only left is orc rebillion - seems like a waste of time to go there again but what the heck).

There has been a bit of bickering about classes being uneven but I'm finding my paladin (now level 20) so far to be much easier than warrior or mage. Not sure if it is because of items or natural nature of paladin. At level 20 I have soemthing like 15 15 17 for attack/defense/int and this does not include 15 bonus attack against undead/demons. Also - oddly my rage/mana and leadership are all very high (something like 80/100/13500). Of course I have not done the two 'hard' fights yet but I'm expecting them to not be too bad since they fall into the paladin strengths (undead and demon).

I think if I made a real effort (not my style) I could have kept the time (to this point to 7 days) and finish in the low/mid 20's (a couple of times I've gotten up and forgotten to hit pause - and I waste a lot of time regaining mana).
Old 11-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Approved Member

In my opinion Boat and Air-traveling time should be reduced and set to a fixed time like 2h instead. The way it is right now its just annoying if you forgot something.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Approved Member

Here are my scores after end my game on first approach as mage on normal.
My favorite strat was using only demons (lvl 4 unit not a race ) and Armageddon with this strat i won 95% fights without losses.
I tried many strats before that but as heavy intellect investment for spell damage i couldn't go other way and others damage spells are too weak in radius. Rain fire is pathetic it is just improve fireball.
I don't know what quest i missed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mage.jpg (333.4 KB, 161 views)
File Type: jpg mage2.jpg (332.3 KB, 117 views)
Old 11-08-2008, 02:08 AM
Approved Member

Ok my paladin on hard took 22 days - and I wasted 2 full days doing absolutely crap (such as going back to pirate area just to kill orcs after embassy thingy) so I think doing it under 20 days AND killing everything (I reached level 30 for the first time) is quite possible. Stats/Score:
1215 (score)
35 20 20 84 91 (attack,defense,int,rage,mana)
23 21 24 26 (zerok,sleem,lina,reaper)
---
Hum. And for the first time I completed 102 quests.
I had nice items at the end (best of my games including all three rune granting items). However, I found the eq. sword just before the last fight (in the final orc area) AND unlike my previous two games I found no fire resistant items (previous game I had over 40% fire resistant).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake21 View Post
I'm up to day 9 and currently clearing elven area. This includes an extra trip to pirate area. I'm undecided If I want to make a third trip to pirate area (only left is orc rebillion - seems like a waste of time to go there again but what the heck).

There has been a bit of bickering about classes being uneven but I'm finding my paladin (now level 20) so far to be much easier than warrior or mage. Not sure if it is because of items or natural nature of paladin. At level 20 I have soemthing like 15 15 17 for attack/defense/int and this does not include 15 bonus attack against undead/demons. Also - oddly my rage/mana and leadership are all very high (something like 80/100/13500). Of course I have not done the two 'hard' fights yet but I'm expecting them to not be too bad since they fall into the paladin strengths (undead and demon).

I think if I made a real effort (not my style) I could have kept the time (to this point to 7 days) and finish in the low/mid 20's (a couple of times I've gotten up and forgotten to hit pause - and I waste a lot of time regaining mana).

Last edited by jake21; 11-08-2008 at 04:35 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Approved Member

My second game:

Difficulty - Impossible
Class - Warrior
Level 30
14 days
100 quests completed, 1 unfinished
28,868 leadership
37 Attack, 27 Defense, 15 intellect
Rats eaten: 0
Score: 1598

BTW I was only 1:17h into day 14 so I can try to reload from earlier save and make it for 13
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ending-main.JPG (184.0 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg ending-stats.JPG (190.2 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg hero-screen.JPG (209.2 KB, 122 views)

Last edited by Calinda; 11-08-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Approved Member

14 days?

You are going to have to explain this to me. I thought you meant you rushed through the game avoiding normal stacks, just completing the main quests. I thought maybe that would be possible in 14 days. But I just can't comprehend how you could sweep everything so quickly. I know people are finishing in low 20s and it usually takes me around 30 days, but 14 is nuts. I mean, a certain amount of sea/air travel is necessary, right?

Clear Darion (4 days?)
Darion -> Freedom Isles (I guess less than one day if you time it right)
Clear Freedom Isles (2 days?)
Freedom Isles -> Darion (less than 1 day)
Clear Kordar (at least 3 days, surely)
Kordar -> Ellinia (less than 1 day)
Clear Ellinia + Land of the Dead (3 days?)
Ellina -> Darion (less than 1 day)
Walk through to Kordar/Demonis
Clear Demonis/Mehgard (2 days?)
Darion -> Ellinia (less than 1 day)
Haas' Labyrinth (1 day?)
Murock (1 day?)
End game

That's my guess of the minimum time it would take. 16 days plus travel. I'd say 18 would be the limit of how quickly you could do this, and it doesn't include things like completing the Holy Indulgence quest for Anga's Ruby. Did you complete that quest? It would mean travelling back to Freedom Isles and return (at least 1 extra day).

So you explain to me how you can finish the game in just over 13 days, Calinda. I truly can't see how it is possible.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:57 AM
Approved Member

So I did it in 13 as I promised; the new screenshot is attached:

Difficulty - Impossible
Class - Warrior
Level 30
13 days
100 quests completed, 1 unfinished
28,468 leadership
37 Attack, 30 Defense, 15 intellect
Rats eaten: 0
Score: 1612

And you properly guessed what the unfinished quest was That's 2 days that one cannot afford when playing for high-score; And no, I didn't skip anything else. Just in the 13 days game skipped a few things in Murock so I could save those 1:17 that were pushing me in 14.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ending-main-d13.JPG (183.8 KB, 119 views)
Old 11-09-2008, 07:09 AM
Approved Member

13 days on impossible! With all quests done? Sure you haven't cheated? Or you could have made this high score. It's prety easy if you know how to...