Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawker View Post
Another review: http://www.gamingshogun.com/Article/...nd_Review.html

The reviewer doesn't seem to understand how autosave works (every time when visiting a major castle), but other than that he doesn't have much bad to say. Good job devs!
Nice !!!
Old 09-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Approved Member

Ughh im broke as of now so i cant get the game But im glad of all the reviews being so positive, cant wait to get the full game...
Old 09-25-2008, 11:43 PM
Approved Member

Um, the gamingshogun guys needs to learn what Quicksave is. Before battle, press F5. OK, issue resolved.

One more review and the game will have a Metacritic rating. If anyone isn't familiar with Metacritic, it basically collects all reviews and averages out the scores to give an overall rating. At the moment, KB:TL has three reviews in English but the third one doesn't have an actual score. Metacritic will decide what score they think gamingshogun intended to give it. Let's say they decide the score should be 8.0 (could be higher). Add that to the 9.0 from Gamespy and the 8.8 from Digital Chumps (what a name - never heard of them) and you get a Metacritic average of 8.6 This is an excellent score and will boost sales no doubt.

The Digital Chumps and Gamingshogun reviews aren't on Metacritic yet. I wonder if they rely on gamers submitting them? Probably the publishers would inform them, I suppose.

Anyway, if I was to rate KB:TL after about 10 hours gameplay I would give it something like 92% The ONLY criticism I can come up with currently is that the translation isn't perfect and the storyline is generic. That's it.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:37 AM
Approved Member

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/l...reviewid=967309
Old 09-26-2008, 08:25 PM
Registered Member

Our local Belgian magazine gave King's Bounty - The Legend a score of 85 (which is high for their standards!!!)

Pro's : Fantastic combat, good dialogs, nice & interesting world
Con's : First impression is 'weak' (dont agree with that one), no multiplayer or skirmisch (not required for an adventure/RTS imho)

Final verdict:
a juwel that can be very addictive. Fans know what to do

I like the fact that they don't turn down the dialogs (translations) in this review, instead they even like them. Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that we're quite multilingual in Belgium but this also states that other reviews might be wrong about the translations (which are in my opinion very good).

I'll not type the whole review here as that would be against the law here. But at least you know what they feel about the game.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Approved Member

I think it might have something to do with that.. well that and just being pedantic methinks I mean i've not have any real gripes with the dialogues, sure there is some bad grammar here and there, but nothing that damages the impression of the game.

But it's nice to see all the good reviews out there
Old 09-27-2008, 11:46 AM
Approved Member

gotta admit i am surprised there is no skirmish. isnt there always a skirmish mode in these type of games?
Old 09-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveInABox View Post
gotta admit i am surprised there is no skirmish. isnt there always a skirmish mode in these type of games?
Skirmish/custom -mode in rpg/adventure game? There was custom game in Disciples, but it pretty much sucked even with alot simplier rpg elements than KB. These games are so much about exploring/leveling/building up an army, that HoMM-style custom/random maps are not suitable for these. Custom scripted scenarios with a story line might work, but there's already a big main campaign with a loads of replayability.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:17 AM
Approved Member

IGN's review is up - 8.1/10
Old 10-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawker View Post
that review was pretty lame ..... and i don't know how he expected it to be like might and magic games, rather than being like the heroes game. Also i get the idea the reviewer doesn't plays a lot of rpgs or tbs.

I mean look at the stuff written "After you win a battle, you may be dismayed to know that your dead troops don't come back to life"