Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:01 PM
Approved Member

theres loads of grammar mistakes in the demo but nothing major and i wasnt expecting a good story.

i agree the game needs a combat auto resolve as well..it is annoying having to fight a bunch of flowers that just wastes time and can see that being much worse in the full game.

great score though, gamespy usually are quite harsh on reviews compared to like ign and gamespot.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveInABox View Post
i agree the game needs a combat auto resolve as well..it is annoying having to fight a bunch of flowers that just wastes time and can see that being much worse in the full game.
From what I managed to glean from the Russian mod list topic using Google Translate, there's a mod that makes enemies listed as "slightly weaker" and below neutral, so they won't attack you. An auto-resolve would still come in handy, though.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunstner View Post
Hi Dane,

Where did you end up getting it from ? Am also in DK and really want to get it but have never used digital copies before

Thanks
You could try Gamers Gate - Log in ( create an account ) - purchace - d/l the GG's downloader - start to download ( it's fast, atleast it was for me - 30 min total ) - unpack/install and there ya go
Old 09-24-2008, 03:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveInABox View Post

yeah , this is my biggest gripe with the game ... auto resolve feature is very handy.

I never had any major problems with text quality and i also thought it was pretty funny from time to time. My only minor concern with the that was that it seemed ... what to say .... a bit simple
Old 09-24-2008, 04:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunstner View Post
Hi Dane,

Where did you end up getting it from ? Am also in DK and really want to get it but have never used digital copies before

Thanks

Or if Atari has gotten theirs fixed you could try there, will be cheaper as well

It's basically the same as ordering a game online, except you download the game as soon as your are done ordering.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Approved Member

You can go to GamersGate from any part of the world and download the game. Atari's online store should have fixed the problems as well, we also plan to add the game to our online store soon. And finally the game should be in retail soon, at least in North America. In Europe this should happen in October.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Approved Member

If enemies are weak enough, do they run away? Cause that would be cool.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daystar View Post
If enemies are weak enough, do they run away? Cause that would be cool.
While playing the game I didn't come across situations like that. Some were standing still and not attacking me though. But I was playing an old build without all the latest patches installed and these have significantly changed the balance and game mechanics for the better.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Approved Member

another review : http://digitalchumps.com/game-reviews/39-pc/1416.html - 8.8

Once again the translation issue and story are the only major issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalChumps
King's Bounty is a fully fledged RPG experience with highly executed strategy elements to boot. It is very similar to the Heroes of Might & Magic series (because both series were created by the same developer and mastermind) but it separates itself by providing real time movement and deeper character building. Visuals and Sound are top notch and well surpass the problems with story development and translation issues. Overall, the game is a great addition to the world of PC strategy gaming and succeeds in being a great remake of an 18 year old game.
Gameplay King's Bounty offers a large amount of strategy/RPG gameplay from turn based battles to complete character customization. Its mechanics are very similar to those of the Heroes of Might & Magic series but always in good ways.

Presentation :The game's visuals are both beautiful and manageable for most any mid-range video card. The soundtrack provides a plethora of epic music but there is little voice acting. Also, the story is not very developed and there are key translation issues.

Value :At $39.99, King's bounty provides an expansive amount of gameplay and replay value to be worth this reasonable pricetag. The inability to have multiplayer is the only problem (Heroes has a similar format as well as an unparalleled multiplayer experience)

Fun Factor : I enjoyed the game thoroughly.

Tilt :This is a great game. It is worthy of being a remake to the original game and succeeds in separating itself enough while also having the right parallels to Heroes of Might & Magic to create a great game.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:02 PM
Approved Member

Another review: http://www.gamingshogun.com/Article/...nd_Review.html

The reviewer doesn't seem to understand how autosave works (every time when visiting a major castle), but other than that he doesn't have much bad to say. Good job devs!