Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:52 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs up Reviews

GameSpy Review = GREAT! 4.5

Last edited by spamm; 09-24-2008 at 09:28 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Approved Member

Mods, can we have a sticky for reviews? This forum is getting a bit messy with all the traffic at the moment. I'm assuming that if Gamespy are reviewing it then we can look forward to plenty more. I hope Game Revolution review it.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:02 AM
Registered Member

Yep, sticky is a good idea.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:14 AM
Approved Member

Nice review.. although i find it odd that they claim the english is horrid, in my eyes it is far from it.. quite good in fact.. but i dunno, i suppose they had to make up something to fault it for to prevent a perfect score
Old 09-24-2008, 09:18 AM
Approved Member

Hi Imperial Dane - are you getting this soon or what? I kinda feel guilty that I'm about to start playing when I know you're a huge fan of the demo like me.

I haven't noticed a real problem with the dialogue either, and I'm a high school English teacher. This is an excellent review. This game will do really well once people realise how much fun it is.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamespy
While the game has already been on store shelves in Russia for several months, publishers Atari and 1C made a point of trying to make sure that the game got a good translation for the English-speaking market. The grammatically challenged, typo-ridden and poorly written game text doesn't seem to have benefited from the extra effort (although we question how much good stuff there was to work with in the first place).
This is what I had feared. It's good that rest of the game gets the appreciation it deserves. Hopefully this latter trend continues.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:56 AM
Approved Member

@Zhuangzhi: Yeah i've gotten a digital copy for now, but when the boxed version comes.. i'm gonna get that as well

@Pkt-zero: I would say that comment from gamespy is rather erroneus as things are far from that bad, yeah they will be there, but not at that level and i suspect they are just exaggerating it to prevent the game from getting a perfect score
Old 09-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Registered Member

Hi Dane,

Where did you end up getting it from ? Am also in DK and really want to get it but have never used digital copies before

Thanks
Old 09-24-2008, 12:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial Dane View Post
@Pkt-zero: I would say that comment from gamespy is rather erroneus as things are far from that bad, yeah they will be there, but not at that level and i suspect they are just exaggerating it to prevent the game from getting a perfect score
For the first point, the demo suggests otherwise, so unless the text for the full game has been rewritten, it seems accurate. For the second point, I can see why they'd deliberately give the game a lower score than to huge, overhyped titles, but scores don't mean much, at least to me.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial Dane View Post
Nice review.. although i find it odd that they claim the english is horrid, in my eyes it is far from it.. quite good in fact.. but i dunno, i suppose they had to make up something to fault it for to prevent a perfect score
I do find some of the dialogue sounds a little awkward at times, but far from horrid.