Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:19 PM
Approved Member

Default No casualty runs

I just found this nugget and am really enjoying the series. I've read a number of posts talking about doing no casualty runs. Are people seriously doing this or just trolling? Or are they just talking about not losing any armies (vs. individual units)? If they're serious and talking about no casualty runs without losing any units, how are they even doing the tutorial? The dragon always seems to kill at least four of my units, no matter the difficulty. Either way, no casualty armies or units, is there a significant score adjustment for doing these kinds of runs or is it just an additional challenge that some find fun?
Old 07-18-2014, 08:01 PM
Approved Member

No, it can be done. I've finished both games with no losses.

As for the dragon fight - you don't have to kill the dragon, basically. Or, dismiss or put in reserve your wimpy units before fighting him, you can use the knights and cavalry to kill it.

Generally though, use a save game viewer if you want to play no-loss. You WILL need resurrection and ASAP, and in this game it's random where you get it first. (Or, just start with a Paladin). Use units Level 3 and above, they tend not to die that easily. If you have Level 5 units, as resurrection doesn't work there, you need to use the Rage Spirit Reaper's Time Back. Also, funny thing - Orc Shaman's Ghost Axes can heal Black Dragons, so they are an usefuly pairing. Make use of the Rage/Mana orb generator Rage skill too, it is the key of having enough mana at the end of the battle to resurrect your units while you "troll" the last enemy.

And btw, if you want an undead army and want to make a no-loss game - I have done it, using a little mod that gives you an "Animate dead" spell (replacing the useless Last Hero) - that way you can use this chaos magic spell to raise your undead troops the same way as Resurrection works on the living.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:51 PM
Approved Member

Welcome to our community Agripa
Just one side not. Ppl dont play whole game with 0 losses. Thing with no loss is you battle and get some units killed, but resurrect them before ed of battle, so you finish that combat with same number of units as before = no units lost.

There is no special score bonus for no loss, it`s just something players started to see can it be done, and it grow from there. And became like next lvl of difficulty: easy/normal/hard/impossible/impossible + no loss

As for first battle, there is no need to kill dragon, just take doll and run away. Quest is to return princess, not kill dragon
Fight next battle with army you got for tutorial, it will be easy no loss.

Good luck, and have fun playing this awesome game. For questions, ask here , i`m sure some1 will help. And check forum, there are interesting advices all over.