Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Registered Member

Default What's better, Phoenix or Phantom?

I'm going to restart now that I know what I'm doing, I'm a mage.

To others, I read somewhere that the Paladin in Marsh Swamps can randomly sell Resurrection but I did the thing of start a new game, save, talk to the guy to get out immediately, head right to the Paladin in the Marsh to see if he had it. If so, reload your save and do the trials etc. knowing resurrection will be waiting for you in the Marsh. After 4 hours of doing this (~200 attempts) the highest casting cost spell I ever found at the Paladin was 2000 gold... a far stretch from the cost of resurrection so that tip seems bogus.

One thing I noticed was going to the other land straight out the castle there's a tower that sells higher level spells for a beginner, sometimes it sold Phoenix or Phantom Army. Those were my favorites in HOMM. I'm thinking of doing my plan above except going for that tower for one or the other of that spells. I'm wondering which do you think is better? Thanks

Last edited by Piedmont; 07-16-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I'm going to restart now that I know what I'm doing, I'm a mage.
If you`re a mage, why waste time playing games, go out and do magic stuff .Sry didnt mean to offend, just a little joke to break ice.
2 advice for you from me :
1) no need to start new game, and finish trials and then check items available in first shops. Search kb-scanner here on forum and download it, read instructions and after you start new game save right on start in training room and use kb-scanner on that file. It will give you nice report excel table with whole game world and things available in shops, rewards etc. If you dont want to know whole game and spoil surprise of randomness in game, just check part of file with first locations marshan swamp-arlania forest . . . so you dont need to run aorund and avoiding early fights just to check if there is any useful spell/item/unit in those first shops.
2) in start phoenix is much better since gives at least 1 solid unit, while phantom is based on you`re basic leadership/intellect, and % is very low both for lds and hero intellect. Later in game when you have high enough int , it`s possible to get over 100% with phantom. But that is with 40+ int, so until then try getting phoenix.
Good luck
Old 07-17-2012, 06:57 PM
Registered Member

Thank you so much! Your advice was very helpful, ironically my first game had Phoenix in that tower, along with fantastic starting artifacts. I love the Phoenix, I found it to be able to

1.) rush chests during battle.
2.) Combined with fast unit (like horsemen) I rush and cast it and can reach/attack enemy 1st turn before enemy has even gone. Nicely messing up enemy archers.
3.) It's immune to fire, great with starting fireball
4.) It can attack 3 units at the same time
5.) It seems to draw aggro, given a choice the AI seems to target it over my permanent troops.

It's been a big difference, now I'm more consistent in doing battles without losing anyone. Thanks!
Old 09-03-2013, 10:54 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piedmont View Post
Thank you so much! Your advice was very helpful, ironically my first game had Phoenix in that tower, along with fantastic starting artifacts. I love the Phoenix, I found it to be able to

1.) rush chests during battle.
2.) Combined with fast unit (like horsemen) I rush and cast it and can reach/attack enemy 1st turn before enemy has even gone. Nicely messing up enemy archers.
3.) It's immune to fire, great with starting fireball
4.) It can attack 3 units at the same time
5.) It seems to draw aggro, given a choice the AI seems to target it over my permanent troops.

It's been a big difference, now I'm more consistent in doing battles without losing anyone. Thanks!
This has been my experience as well, love the Phoenix. Also love its self res ability.