Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Approved Member

Default Night SIM battles, prone to cheating

Right, I was playing a SIM night match and generally flying around for like 10 mins not finding anyone YAWN!

Flying low to the ground, looking for a damn needle in a haystack la la la, lovely romantic scenic flight... Suddenly someone's on my six pounding me full of ammo. Then he did it again... and again! How the hell did he see me?

'I turned the brightness on my TV right up' was the answer!!! At least he had the decency to fess up!
Old 10-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Approved Member

He was probably using the map.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Approved Member

No need for map other than to get the general direction.

If you play at night and turn your brightness settings right up then its as good as playing in day
Old 10-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Approved Member

I completely hate night battles, or battles with bad weather.
It gives a too big advantage to people with a nice screen to play on.

If I do not put brightness full in a night flight, I cant even seperate ground from horizon. But full brightness looks crap, and I still dont see as much as other appearantly do

Same for clouds, when someone puts those on, I might as well quit right away. It is just impossible to spot anything on my screen in bad visibility.

Dont know if it is just me, but I find clouds create a very boring game. It becomes more luck than skill, who will spot first. And if you spotted someone.... oowwwwww there he go's up into the cloud before you can get a shot at him. such lame and boring gameplay.
One time I played 3 games in normal conditions with the same people in a row. he game ended in 10-15 min because the 20 score limit was reached. After that, same people in a game with clouds. After 10 mins the score was 1-1 and the host (rightly) ended the game.

HATE it when you finaly have a game with 6 or more people, and then you get in game and realise it is a night or with no clear skies. half the people leave right away, and it just sucks anyways
Old 10-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Approved Member

you could solve the problem and play arcade like me. They'll be lit up like a christmas tree!
Old 10-28-2009, 03:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorgothNL View Post
I completely hate night battles, or battles with bad weather.
It gives a too big advantage to people with a nice screen to play on.

If I do not put brightness full in a night flight, I cant even seperate ground from horizon. But full brightness looks crap, and I still dont see as much as other appearantly do

Same for clouds, when someone puts those on, I might as well quit right away. It is just impossible to spot anything on my screen in bad visibility.

Dont know if it is just me, but I find clouds create a very boring game. It becomes more luck than skill, who will spot first. And if you spotted someone.... oowwwwww there he go's up into the cloud before you can get a shot at him. such lame and boring gameplay.
One time I played 3 games in normal conditions with the same people in a row. he game ended in 10-15 min because the 20 score limit was reached. After that, same people in a game with clouds. After 10 mins the score was 1-1 and the host (rightly) ended the game.

HATE it when you finaly have a game with 6 or more people, and then you get in game and realise it is a night or with no clear skies. half the people leave right away, and it just sucks anyways
I disagree, clouds once in a while can really spice things up. It adds more tactics to the game instead of just seeking enemies. Night time battles are pointless though; but how about this:

A scenario where its strike, but once you enter the enemies airspace, their flak cannons and spotlights pick you up, so you could see the enemies better.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy_clock View Post
I disagree, clouds once in a while can really spice things up. It adds more tactics to the game instead of just seeking enemies. Night time battles are pointless though; but how about this:

A scenario where its strike, but once you enter the enemies airspace, their flak cannons and spotlights pick you up, so you could see the enemies better.
^^^ This Man is a genius! I love the sound of that.
I can see it now B-17 twisting to get out of the beams, tracer and star shells rocketing sky/earthwards.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Approved Member

B17 wouldnt fly at night they are pussies hahaha.

Thats the job for the braver kind of guy who flew for bomber command get the lanc out, lets go!!

This was a joke btw!!
Old 10-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy_clock View Post

I disagree, the whole point of team battle is seeking for enemies. In CTA it's just pointless, since the game is about airfields, so is low, although it might make a small difference if there's two airfields, but I've never done that on sim anyways. In strike, well.. I don't really see any tactics suddenly spring up.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOZ_1983 View Post
B17 wouldnt fly at night they are pussies hahaha.

Thats the job for the braver kind of guy who flew for bomber command get the lanc out, lets go!!

This was a joke btw!!
I was working with what i had.
If you can get a lanc il have a squadrons worth please, oh mines with the grand slams mate, should make a big dent in those bunkers