Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Approved Member

Default What happened to Amelie's armor?

She seems to have suffered a case of magically disappearing armour!

In KB:AP, her warrior/paladin representations were, bar the upper legs, rather well covered, but in KB:C, the Amelie we see is wearing possibly less than her mage representation.

Maybe it broke?
Old 09-27-2010, 10:43 PM
Approved Member

I do not see much of a change, really... Warrior was red plate armor, covering the entire torso, Paladin has full body bluish armor with crosses on the chest and shoulders, and both have similar skirt-like waistbands. I'll have to compare with the vanilla KBAP, but to me, she seems rather well dressed.

Maybe you should post a screenshot if you see something different than what I described.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:44 PM
Approved Member

It's not really an in-game thing, more an advert thing. I'm assuming the Amelie representation on Crossworlds represents... Uh..

OK, which is the "real" Amelie? :p
Old 09-27-2010, 11:48 PM
Approved Member

DW; you seem to be talking about the "marketing" Amelie, Of course it's gonna differ (have you looked at the one on the AP manual?, that one it's the more real because it's not of marketing value ). In the attached file, it seems she is a mage but with less armor and it has changed a bit

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachm...9&d=1285144869

King's Bounty for the LOLZ!!
Old 09-28-2010, 01:36 AM
Registered Member

Well, I suppose we could go with the boring and obvious explanation, "sex sells," but I prefer to think that imps are good for something.

Naughty, naughty!

But wouldn't that be an interesting skill?

Mischievous

Due to their mischievous nature, Princess Amelie's appearance may change with imps present in the army.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:31 AM
Approved Member

I'm actually often jesting about this with my girlfriend and calling Amelie; "The Not So Armored Princess" ( she's not impressed )
Old 09-28-2010, 08:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepiece View Post
DW; you seem to be talking about the "marketing" Amelie, Of course it's gonna differ (have you looked at the one on the AP manual?, that one it's the more real because it's not of marketing value ). In the attached file, it seems she is a mage but with less armor and it has changed a bit

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachm...9&d=1285144869
Yes, that's the armour I mean! It looks like a variation on her mage armour, although it's more of a mix-'n'-match set.

But if Amelie doesn't fight, why does she need armour? The eternal question!

TL had a "true" Bill Gilbert (the warrior), so does KB:AP/C have a "true" Amelie?
Old 09-28-2010, 12:35 PM
Registered Member

The Armored Princess main menu had the Mage Amelie (see armor). I guess that would be the true / official Amelie, Dwagginz.

By the way, completely random question: who do you think would make a good Amelie if someone ever made a movie? I was thinking Ashley Greene or Milla Jovovich.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Approved Member

That was one of my thoughts, Blue.

I'm not sure, funnily enough. I can't really think of anyone who looks much like Amelie. Milla Jovovich is too... Small upstairs, and she looks older than Amelie is. Ashley Greene isn't bad, but I don't think she has the look either. I shall have to think about this!
Old 09-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Approved Member

It's a well-known rule of adventuring that while male heroes wear full-body armor, females need to wear thongs and chain mail bikinis that barely cover their body. Heck, in some games the same armor will cover much less when equipped by a female hero then when a male wears it! Yet, it provides the same protection...

Obviously, this is magical armor. (If your read Vixine, they make fun of this quite often).