Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 12-25-2012, 07:15 PM
Registered Member

Question Mixture and Mouse Control Help

So I just got this game today. I've been trying to start the engine. I know all the steps it's just I can't change the mixture. I've tried clicking and dragging and I've tried setting a key on my keyboard to increase mixture, but it just won't move.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Approved Member

Omen

Maybe you need to be more specific.
Some planes dont allow change mixture settings, ie. Spitfire IIa.
Tiger Moth only able to move mixture lever if throttle is open...

Sokol1
Old 12-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omen View Post
So I just got this game today. I've been trying to start the engine. I know all the steps it's just I can't change the mixture. I've tried clicking and dragging and I've tried setting a key on my keyboard to increase mixture, but it just won't move.
Before you try anything, switch off the "anthropomorph control" in the ralism settings. It simulates that the pilot have two arm, so he able to operate only two things in the same time. Sadly, the pc controllers give many false signals, this ruin the whole system :/
Switch it off!
Now!

i7 7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB Ram 3GHz, MSI GTX 1070 8GB, 27' 1920x1080, W10/64, TrackIR 4Pro, G940
Cliffs of Dover Bugtracker site: share and vote issues here
Old 12-28-2012, 12:31 AM
Registered Member

Well I tried flying the Spitfire and Hurricane so far. I saw a tutorial on how to start the engine and the person clicked on the mixture and slid it up and down easily. But so far all I can do is have it at 0% or 100% mixture which I don't think is meant to be. I managed to take off but the instant I lifted off I knew something was wrong. I had it at 0% mixture and the plane was VERY slow and shaking a little. When I chose the only other option of 100% mixture my plane got very loud and started shaking very violently. If I went up or down past a 45 degree angle my engine would cut out. What I'm trying to ask is if it's normal to not be able to have any mixture level between none(0%) or full(100%) and maybe if there's some other problem causing the shaking.

Here's one of the videos for reference.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:23 AM
Approved Member

Yes it is normal. There is a mechanical linkage that means you cannot change to 'Lean' unless you have reduced the throttle and there are no intermediate stages.

There is rarely any need to adjust the mixture. The default setting is correct for take-off, climb, cruise, combat & landing. The only time you might want to adjust the mixture is if you are a long way from home with low fuel, which is rare on this map. If you really must play with it then reduce your revs right back to around 2200 or lower using the prop pitch and a boost setting down below 3 but if you try going full throttle again on Lean you could damage the engine.

Last edited by Roblex; 12-28-2012 at 06:40 AM.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:11 AM
Approved Member

[QUOTE=Omen;490363]I saw a tutorial on how to start the engine and the person clicked on the mixture and slid it up and down easily. But so far all I can do is have it at 0% or 100%...

Here's one of the videos for reference.
...outube.com/watch?v= vPRex60HGec

This explains. This video is from CloD realease (03/2011), and at time mixture in English fighters are wrong modeled.

Sokol1

Last edited by Sokol1; 12-28-2012 at 11:31 AM.