Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Sternjaeger

Wow, a Pucara, are they still flying in Argentina?!
Old 09-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazex View Post
Category 1 for me... 390 hours in single engine props and gliders... The only types I've got stick time on that are anywhere close to these planes are the Tiger Moth, Yak-52 and SK-60...
Lucky you

Im also pilot of single engine props and gliders ( also aerobatic). I tried Bucker Jugnamm biplane very close to Tigher Moth - they are lovley planes which could do some aerobatic.

I hope so in close future Zlin 526F - aerobatic plane.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:40 PM
Sternjaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwiatek View Post
Lucky you

Im also pilot of single engine props and gliders ( also aerobatic). I tried Bucker Jugnamm biplane very close to Tigher Moth - they are lovley planes which could do some aerobatic.

I hope so in close future Zlin 526F - aerobatic plane.
Trust me man, the Jungman is WAAAAY better than the Tiggie! I logged some 150 hours on Tiger Moths: they're slow, sluggish and unforgiving! When I had a go on a Jungmann it was a revelation!

A.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Approved Member

YEa the Jungman is the lovley plane. I dont had experience with Tiger Moth but i belive what you wrote. Pity that my friend haven't got now his nice Bucker

I could say that flying Bucker Jungmann was my best flight i made in life.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger View Post
Wow, a Pucara, are they still flying in Argentina?!
Oh yes they are, the structure on the oldest ones are a bit off (wings missaligned almost 20cm) but because they were built with huge security margins they still very capable, still nimble, i recall one english analist saying that two of these planes could hunt any chopper avaiable, great heli hunters, but they were made for counter-insurgent (a ridicule purpouse due to insurgency nature here in that time)

PD: Sadly we lost one young pilot and a plane a couple of weeks ago
Old 09-23-2010, 01:08 AM
Sternjaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwiatek View Post
YEa the Jungman is the lovley plane. I dont had experience with Tiger Moth but i belive what you wrote. Pity that my friend haven't got now his nice Bucker

I could say that flying Bucker Jungmann was my best flight i made in life.
despite its old design the Jungmann is probably the best balanced and more satisfying aerobatic aircraft to fly with. Ask any pilot who had a chance to fly with it and see what they say

@ Armatian: wing misalignment of almost 20cm?!?!
that's crazy man!!
Old 09-23-2010, 04:57 AM
Approved Member

S!

20cm is a lot, actually a crapload in terms of aircraft structure no matter how well it is built. Bücker Jungmann was the plane of the aces
Old 09-25-2010, 12:57 AM
Approved Member

Of course is a lot, in year 2000, the oldest series was being taken off the skies. The pilots are used to stress it to max g's (not that high for this plane, 7g) in everyday flight, so it shows. Still was diagonal (longitudinal and vertical less than 20) and each wing contributed half of it, but anyway, those planes were really twisted, being duraluminum, i truly believe stories of p-38 aces rendering new planes to bananas in a couple of flights.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:19 AM
Approved Member

Here are a few pictures of my 1941 PT-17 Stearman. I’ve been flying vintage aircraft since the early 1980’s; I’ll post some fun stuff this weekend.

Last edited by BP_Tailspin; 09-25-2010 at 01:28 AM.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:03 AM
Sternjaeger

That is one lovely Stearman you have there Tailspin
The guys that I fly with have a PT-13D with the R-985 and that's one helluva beefy plane
U have a R-985 too?

A.