Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 11-05-2012, 01:10 AM
Approved Member

This is a major boss fight, most of the wandering monster fights do tend to be fairly easy.

I'd really like to do the fight without using exploits, but those damn archers can 2-shot most of my units. Not much I can do under those circumstances.

I'd still like to know where the map to Freedom Island is supposed to come from?
Old 11-05-2012, 01:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhruic View Post
This is a major boss fight, most of the wandering monster fights do tend to be fairly easy.

I'd really like to do the fight without using exploits, but those damn archers can 2-shot most of my units. Not much I can do under those circumstances.

I'd still like to know where the map to Freedom Island is supposed to come from?
Do you use diversions ? It's really super strong, usually atleast 1 big stack doenst move first round. I just nuke big stacks with my rune mages using max unspent might runes, dmg is insane. Then throw in gryphons summons to tank whatever remained. Use burning and posion depending on enemies. Fights usually end in no more than 4 rounds even against deadly stacks.

Map to Islands you get from the boatman in Greenwort as far as i remember.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Approved Member

Get knights and teleport them right next to the archers.Kill as many enemies as you can and in turn 2 use time back.Worked like a charm for me.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Approved Member

Yeah, Freedom Islands are obtained from the Boatman in Greenwort, like zjad18 said.

Also, wtf is up with that enemy leadership? That's insane. Still, IN YOUR FACE people claiming it's too easy.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar View Post
Also, wtf is up with that enemy leadership? That's insane. Still, IN YOUR FACE people claiming it's too easy.
Yes, how dare some be so much better then you at strategy? -_-.

For your knowledge matey, leadership is meaningless when you have infinite gold, infinite mana, abilities and spells that completly block/stop from taking action enemies.

For example one can beat 1 bilion of polar bears with 1 single royal snake.
The fact that the polar bears would have 200 bilion leadership total doesn't hold any value.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberiu View Post
Yes, how dare some be so much better then you at strategy? -_-.

For your knowledge matey, leadership is meaningless when you have infinite gold, infinite mana, abilities and spells that completly block/stop from taking action enemies.

For example one can beat 1 bilion of polar bears with 1 single royal snake.
The fact that the polar bears would have 200 bilion leadership total doesn't hold any value.
So, would you say it's easy to beat 1 billion polar bears with 1 royal snake? Doable doesn't mean easy. A feat like that requires way more time, repetitive movement and patience than I'm willing to spend on a game.

Weren't you the one who was saying it would be stupid for people to spend hours at a time on a battle trying to get no loss? (Which you would have to do if you only had 1 royal snake).
Old 11-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar View Post

Weren't you the one who was saying it would be stupid for people to spend hours at a time on a battle trying to get no loss? (Which you would have to do if you only had 1 royal snake).
No, I don't know what you're talking about. I always considered that the opposite is the logical thing to do. What is stupid is the fact that the game mechanics allow this thing to happen, which is something completly different.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberiu View Post
No, I don't know what you're talking about. I always considered that the opposite is the logical thing to do. What is stupid is the fact that the game mechanics allow this thing to happen, which is something completly different.
Ah, my bad on that part. I didn't actually bother reading that thread, as I don't care about no-lossing.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
Get knights and teleport them right next to the archers.Kill as many enemies as you can and in turn 2 use time back.Worked like a charm for me.
I don't have time back, so that's not going to work for me.

Meh. I might just have to cheese it with Rune Mage abuse.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Approved Member

Hey guys,

so, I've managed to get to Zalnaron with my Soothsayer on impossible. This is where all the fun ends.
Yes, I was able to win many deadly to invincible fights mid-game easilly due to Evil Book bug (which is fixed now) and after that by phoenix and hoards of summons.
But now I'm stuck (as his army just one-two hits all my summons) and need an advice. This guy totally destroys my whole army no matter what tactic I use. I've tried almost everything which lead me to find this topic and after some reading I realized, that only Rune Mages I could buy were at the Greenwort castle square.

So, is there anyone who can help me out ? What tactics to use, what army to get (can't get those Rune Mages now), what spells/rage skills I should use etc., to win this fight ?

Here is some info on my current army and stats:

Soothsayer lv 43
19k leadership
20 att
16 def
50 int (+10 with scroll)
60 max rage
105 max mana

125 rangers
60 royal griffs
102 evil beholders
90 demonologists