Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix View Post
2) Can you show me track with the "Ghosts"?
I will try and make track and mission which produces phantoms 100% of the time.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:29 PM
Approved Member

I don't wish to be rude B6 but practically everybody who flies online has experienced the "disappearing contact" problem. This, along with the other disappointing problems, indicate to me that the development team do not test anything online, or do nothing about it.

The FM's are very poor, particularly for the RAF, you do not need to look hard for this, there are threads complaining all over the place and bugs raised in the bugtracker.

A question for you though, do the development team look at the bugtracker at all? It is important that if 1C are taking 'beta' seriously then we would like to know if it makes sense to raise such issues there.

If not please tell us if the patches are genuinely serious or to buy time for the sequel because we're wasting an awful lot of our time testing everything out, which is overspiling into petty bickering. The community is most upset - you need to know this.

Thank you.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Approved Member

Communication is usually a two-way street. Answers like I don't know… no one has told me...I'm not authorized to say… we're working on it… Not much being communicated. Maybe this thread should be renamed "things we've heard a million times from the developers. " I know it's not B6's fault but this seems rather pointless
Old 08-23-2012, 01:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
with "balance", what we need is the historical "balance" , where each plane has it own strength and weakness as was the case historically, so we can appropriately use the right tactics

right now in CoD the 109 is over performing in many aspects, and the spitfires are significantly under performing in many others, the end result is a very uneven match-up where the 109's have advantages that are not historically correct and for red flyers online the imbalance is so great it can prevent normal gameplay.
Please, stop this discussion about FM and balance here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smink1701 View Post
Communication is usually a two-way street. Answers like I don't know… no one has told me...I'm not authorized to say… we're working on it… Not much being communicated. Maybe this thread should be renamed "things we've heard a million times from the developers. " I know it's not B6's fault but this seems rather pointless
I can close this thread, no problem.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonys View Post
- clouds: shadows and self-shadows, reflection on water, source light influences, etc.. are you working on them, and when they will be added (back)?
- Radio Comms.. any progress in this area? is some programmer assigned to and working on it, or it was postponed?
- AI.. any progress in this area? is some programmer assigned to and working on it, or it was postponed?
1) We are working on them, they will be added in one of the patches, when they will be ready
2) I need full list of bugs in the last beta-patch. Our programmer are working on it.
3) Our programmers are working on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotNoodles View Post
I will add to the above and ask if the FM are still been worked?
FM are still been worked, we'll tell when we'll stop all work for CloD.
Approved Member

EDITED OUT, B6 replied to something else.
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix View Post
I'll write text here later, I've no time now...
Still waiting
Old 08-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Approved Member

Could we please have the readme for the last patch. It is normal practice in software development to produce a readme or 'whats new' file.

FM's are #1, it's tearing your community apart and putting many customers off.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
A question for you though, do the development team look at the bugtracker at all? It is important that if 1C are taking 'beta' seriously then we would like to know if it makes sense to raise such issues there.
Some of our programmers look at the bugtracker, some of our programmers can't read English, some of our programmers visit bug-threads only on the Sukhoi.ru. I don't study a bugs, this is not my work. If I see question about problem with game I need link with bug-report.

Quote:
EDITED OUT, B6 replied to something else.
I saw the original message. Do you think that you speak for the entire community? I don't think so.

Quote:
Could we please have the readme for the last patch. It is normal practice in software development to produce a readme or 'whats new' file.
Full readme will be ready together with the final patch, I think. Now we have the opportunity to give a short list of fixes and set the task to the test.

Last edited by BlackSix; 08-23-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Approved Member

B6 thanks for your comms with us buddy
a quick question please
are we gonna see a proper Antiallising in the game
thanks again..
Closed Thread