Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 07:11 PM
Approved Member

I have a problem with this patch. When I press escape I get to the menu (with a flash of the desktop). When I try to go back to the game (or press fly in that menu) the game resizes at (what I think is ) 640x480 resolution, despite 1280x1024 being selected in the menu. This has happened a lot of times.

On the other hand, my custom bomb loadout in the Blenheim worked when I chose it in the QMB.

Also, the game is incompatible with having mumble (VOIP software) running, I believe it is probably the overlay, though it works fine in other steam games. When I run the game it shows the Ubisoft video then freezes on the final frame. If I press escape a few times the exit dialogue box comes up and I can exit, but I cant see the rest of the menus.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:13 PM
Approved Member

I can certainly attest, there's nothing better for software productivity and sanity than a much needed rest!

Enjoy and come back fresh!
Old 04-27-2011, 07:14 PM
Approved Member

Smile Sweet and happy holidays

I shall download it on my gaming pc asap!!!

i assume we should "roll back", then install the new beta patch
Ross
Old 04-27-2011, 07:18 PM
Approved Member

Hey,

Have nice holidays then !

Gonna try it out.

Regards,

J-F
Old 04-27-2011, 07:21 PM
Approved Member

Just a heads up for anyone with Crossfire systems, you will need to disable Crossfire from CCC control panel. There are major graphical problems such as serious flickering and land tiles missing etc. Disabling Crossfire via software (such as RadeonPro), or by switching Catalyst AI off does not work.

So if you have a ATI X2, 5970 or 6990 card you are pretty much screwed graphically with this beta patch.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Approved Member

Bugger, I was about to dish out the cash and get a second HD6970 to run in crossfire XD

Thanks for the headsup!
Old 04-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICDP View Post
Just a heads up for anyone with Crossfire systems, you will need to disable Crossfire from CCC control panel. There are major graphical problems such as serious flickering and land tiles missing etc. Disabling Crossfire via software (such as RadeonPro), or by switching Catalyst AI off does not work.

So if you have a ATI X2, 5970 or 6990 card you are pretty much screwed graphically with this beta patch.
Yeah, i have 5970 and my textures is flickering, and i got terrible stuttering now, even alone over the water it it hickups every 1-2 secs

It's totally unplayable for me now and i mean totally unplayable
Old 04-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Approved Member

OK - the full screen really seems to work now. When starting the game it first shows the reticle "transparent" with the desktop in the background but then switches to real full screen. The Anti Aliasing also works now - great! When pressing escape to switch to the C# launcher / options GUI it works in a much snappier way, and when going back to the 3D engine there is no minimize-maximize popping feeling like before. Just a quick blink and back in the game...

When I first started I had an error that I had in the second patch, namely that the buildings where not displayed at all in the Dover suburbs (having buildings set to high), and only about half of them in the city centre / harbor. I just saw the naked ground textures with the basements I quit and deleted all files in

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache

And then it worked fine. FPS is maybe a bit better but the stuttering is definitely gone now which is the most important thing! And that is on my four year old rig...

And I really like the new map with a lot more clear airfield markers and with names of the locations on map! Good!

A last note that I don't know if I had before. When loading the quick mission over Dover in a me 109 I got the message:

Long Bridge: wrong width (3)

Don't know if that is interesting to you

Finally the Force Feedback feels a bit better - maybe just wishful thinking, but it takes like 20 seconds into the mission until the self centering "kicks in". The buffeting works from start though (on my G940). The FF effects really adds a lot to the game!

Have a nice vacation!

Specs:

Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.3
Nvidia GTX275 (270.61 drivers)
6 Gb DDR2
Windows 7 x64
G940 and TrackIR 4

Last edited by mazex; 04-27-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Approved Member

Wink i know you guys are working hard but...

Beta paching a beta pach... it's getting good, a bit like Monthy Python....

And that's remind me of the rise of flight video ( except for the last comment in it , nobody knew then...)

Last edited by 2033cyborg; 04-27-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:27 PM
Approved Member

I guess it could be seen as a semi good sign for us Crossfire users. It means that at least the sim is recognising both cards

Honestly, with some tweaking by the devs and a dedicated Crossfire profile we could get a nice FPS boost for Crossfire users.
Closed Thread