Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

View Poll Results: Please vote about new humans in to the "Storm of War - Battle of Britain"!
We do not need new humans. 14 25.00%
We need new humans! 42 75.00%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Approved Member

Default Do We need more realistic humans in SoW?

Hello all folks!

Please vote about new humans in to the "Storm of War - Battle of Britain"!

Do We need more realistic humans? We will get perfect aircrafts, but ugly humans can spoil the "game". Sorry, It is not game, but real War... Please vote! Oleg, You can vote too...

Your oppinion counts!

S!

BG-09
Old 11-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Approved Member

I'm sure Oleg already stated that he is working on exactly that. He mentioned something about doing the human skeletal form.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Approved Member

At least can't we get some realistic ground crews to service our plane once and a while..

even a stock file video tape of the actual thing to run once and a while..
Old 11-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas
I'm sure Oleg already stated that he is working on exactly that. He mentioned something about doing the human skeletal form.
Realy!? G R E A T !

S!

BG-09
Old 11-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Approved Member

Default dont see the need

For my two cents, I don't want anything stealing processor cycles that does not lend to the subject at hand: air combat. Even if there is a strong air to ground component in Sow_BoB, I still don't see the need to have more fully articlulated human models. Do I need to see the gore of a Stuka gunner getting splattered? I could live with it. Do I need to see a member of an antiaircraft batter get gutted by a strafing attack? Not if it steals processor cycles. I figure it will be enough trying to set the clouds, weather, and other eye candy to where they provide some immersion while not bogging down the frames. Heck, if you're flying full real (full difficulty) you won't be able to see that stuff anyway. You know how Oleg is. He'll say you'll need a 9ghz processor to get the full beneift anyway. So why add to our woes?
But that's just me.
Flyby
Old 11-09-2007, 10:23 PM
Approved Member

Having an active ground crew would be a huge immersion increase for me. I don't suppose it will affect frame rates to much when your dogfighting, unless they are still hanging onto your wings when you take off.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:35 AM
Approved Member

Good idea- it always has thrown me off being in a cockpit with the controls seeming to move by themselves.

I (and no doubt most) have flown other sims where they have sprites representing you or other people- its only detracting if it looks too 'cartoonish' to me.

Cheers

Triad
Old 11-10-2007, 04:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas
Having an active ground crew would be a huge immersion increase for me. I don't suppose it will affect frame rates to much when your dogfighting, unless they are still hanging onto your wings when you take off.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:07 AM
Approved Member

Anything that adds to the illusion of flying in a real world is a welcome addition to me. I for one would love to watch humans scatter as I drop a bomb on them.

I know that a lot of people are worried about humans running around the battlefield eating up "cpu" power that could better be used to calculate "air vectors" or something...But I hope that Oleg will simply keep the selectable on/off feature (the animation of people/gunners) for people who want to save cpu power and will continue to develop the illusion of an animated/"living" world for people who like to "ground pound"...
Old 11-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Approved Member

We do need new pilots. We need pilots that are more proportional to the plane size! The ones in IL2 makes the planes look like undersized replicas!
Fly a SBD or a P47 and look at the outside view. Then look at any RL photo. Takes away from the immersion.