Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
The reason you get big price jumps from the 24" and up Dell models is probably that they use a different IPS subtype.

So, the new LG ones are LED-backlit, interesting....but if you look closer you'll see they are the same size as the Ultrasharps from Dell

As for the mark-ups...I couldn't order from the US for a variety of reasons...
Yeah, the 24" Dells are 1920x1200, so using a different kind of screen.

Interesting about the new LG/Dell similarities, you could well be right about their being the same basic screens.

Dell states in their fine-print something about sales restrictions between countries, so like a lot of companies, you can only buy them where they want you to. I don't really want to get into that whole subject, sufficed to say they've got it covered, as in the end it wouldn't be worth it to get around their restrictions.

I got a good price for my monitor just by chance, as they were being cleared out as end-of-line stock for several hundred dollars off their normal price. I couldn't resist that, even though it was still expensive, and I don't regret it at all. Don't know what I'd do now if I were looking for monitors, but I'd definitely be considering the Samsung B2440L.

Anyway, I've said my bit, enjoy whatever you've got, or get.