Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tactics discussions and solutions

Tactics discussions and solutions All you need to win the battle.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:52 AM
Approved Member

I thought i saw that 5% dress somewheres b4. I might give that a try, however i'll have to lose the Magessy Dress...
Old 02-09-2010, 06:26 AM
Approved Member

Well, there is a 95% resistance cap, so I am not certain it will help much... I think you have hit it already.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
Zilgadis inflicts 2700-3500 magic damage with its mass attack. 5% of that damage is 135 minimum. It is reduced/increased by atk/def ratio between zilgadis' stats and the unit he's attacking. In essence, even a black dragon will have tough time resisting a lot of mass attacks.

I agree that with those high damage values 3% is a lot (about 80 damage by my calculations), but still, it's all about the base damage of the attack and the fact that it varies between 2700 and 3500.
Ah, what I had meant was that going from 92% resistance to 95% resistance should cut your damage by 37%, a very noticeable amount. But yeah, if may be that the first time he got hit by the low end of his range, and the second time by the high end.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
I beat Zilgadis with 11 Green Dragons and 12 Red dragons. If you have the reds, I'm sure you have the greens. (paladin, Impossible, no losses).

However, I had very high physical resist (see famine to feast thread)... and another secret weapon: Zilgadis' first three towers were all evil gremlins. I just let them live because all they could cast on my two stacks was weaken.

I would keep both stacks stone skinned, and use level 1 life light to heal them both at once when it came time to.

You may try to do something similar. Instead of focusing on Ziggy right off, take out any friendly gremlin towers before they can spawn troops, and leaving evil ones. Once he has only evils, go for him. Use plenty of magic resistance and mana spring.

Edit: Sorry, just realized this was for a SINGLE stack. Yeah, you can still do this, but it will be harder without being a mage. The trick will be in not engaging him at melee for as long as possible while you keep his friendly towers dead. I hope you have 95% magic resistance (easy with the gift bag) if you don't.. yeah probably can't be done .
Thats actually brilliant as I do have access to greens (blacks and bone aswell)

Im 10 fights or so from beating the game now so Ill probably start over with bone dragons. And Im REALLY looking forward to it. Ill be looking at 6-7 days and no loss on this game which is fairly ok. I did waste some time by doing some quests out of my way, but all in all it has been my best game so far in AP .

A lone red dragon army makes for some AMAZING chain pulling of everything that you see on the map as you can end every game with full mana and full rage.

Obviously I used the egg trick on a couple of colossus scrolls and I would scout ahead sometimes and then reload, but other then that It has been a good run when it came to spells and artifacts.

Cheers for the good pointers everyone!