Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tactics discussions and solutions

Tactics discussions and solutions All you need to win the battle.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
That would indeed make the human comp more viable .

Perhaps I should look into maxing defense on this mage for the level 5 tanking that I enjoye so much right now. How hard is it once you reach levels 35-50? Do you think that I have to pick up int for spell pain and go for a more "normal" setup?
I haven't really tried hanging on to the level 5 units after level 30 or so, but I'd say it would be very hard or impossible to keep all of them alive against massive stack enemies. You can't cast Stone Skin on them all. I would think that you would have to use Inquisitors, and even then you will have your work cut out for you. But I could be wrong.

I get the idea that Intellect is much more important than Attack and Defense (for a Mage, I mean). Of course you need Attack and Defense to be on par with enemy heroes, but I had 25 Attack, 25 Defense and 50 Intellect at the end of my Impossible Mage game and that worked fine. So I would probably persevere with your current strategy for a while, but try to boost Intellect any way possible. If it gets too hard to keep them all alive, use Inquisitors. If that's too hard, you can play the 'vanilla' way - Paladins to resurrect level 1-4 units.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Approved Member

Level 5's are perfectly viable, due to Turn back Time spell. Since you can resurrect an infinite number of level 5's, so long as they all die in the appropriate turn order, it makes them very efficient tanks, especially fast moving ones like red dragons or Ogres. Frankly I spent the majority of my impossible, no kite paladin game using 3 or 4 (occasionally 5!) stacks of level 5 units. They just don't DIE very often, and target on the first turn can often make for an effective TBT on the second turn.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
That's why I always cast Mass Haste on turn 1. You need level 3 Distortion for this. Best 10 mana you'll ever spend.
Aye and/or teleport. This spell seems to be a bit under-rated but can also help quite a bit, level 1 already allows you to move 4 spaces which is not too shabby
Old 12-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Approved Member

well i only use teleport when i have it at level 3 .. on my last game i didnt found it at all ;p
Old 12-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Approved Member

Actually even level 1 Teleport (4 squares) can be very useful for when the enemy have surrounded by Inqis or Archmages. But yuo would normally only use it as a Mage with Higher Magic, I guess. You get into the habit of casting one low mana and one high mana spell per turn.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:09 AM
Approved Member

I am also trying mage impossible now and it works fine so far, i have already been at montero shattera and the demoen world at lvl 15.

I am using Beholders+Evil beholders + Red dragons as a tank with order 3/dis 2. ATM
1 mana heals full the dragon so if there are at most one stack of archers i can beat impossible stacks for now.

The Two beholder stacks are very important as they can disable and kill the low level units while the dragon tanks the high one.

For the last two spots i either use paladins (agains heroes as i do not have resurrect)
demonologists (summoned demons creates a lots of rage) or assasisn (because they are cool)

I have 20 int ATM and trap 3 medal + trap arctifact. My traps do about 1k damage. Is this increases only by the Int or character LvL or if i upgrade to dis 3?

I like the Avanger Shield spell a lot, is is currectly doing a bit less than 1k damage, but 6 times. It also seems to trigger the Medal achievement 6 times, but i am not sure about this - i will check.

I really fear that on high level mage will be significantly harder than the warror.

To the OP: I think AP is easyer for No losses than KB:TL was.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:13 AM
Approved Member

Spells damage are always the same. Level1 base damage, level 2 damage x2, level 3 damage x3
Old 12-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
Spells damage are always the same. Level1 base damage, level 2 damage x2, level 3 damage x3
Yeap but int obviously adds more dmg, and also to poison, burning and traps afaik.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Approved Member

I didnt see timeback spell in my whole game? (warr impossible)

I wasnt going for no losses in any case so no biggie, but would of been nice!

Btw hi Chase
Old 01-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Registered Member

Default You guys are lucky

I'm at level 13 and has just 2 dmg spell on my hand is Flame Arrow and Poison Skull. And my army has only 1 troops - Bone Dragon (1) (Init 7, Action Point 7).
At the beginning of the battle, cast Flame Arrow or Poison Skull to the highest HP enemy troop, then let my Bone Dragon wait - make sure it has highest init also. Then after enemy move, Bone Dragon fly to near the enemy troops, using ability Poison Cloud to dmg all nearby enemy. Then the next turn, move my Bone Dragon to a cell that can not be attacked by any troops and wait for Poison Cloud reload. Repeat this until defeat all enemy troops.
Each battle take much time than usual (about 50 - 70 turn) but I win for sure without loss. If combat with a enemy heroes, make sure that hero doesn't use any dmg spell like Flame Arrow or Ice Snake...etc.
I travel to all reachable islands and pick anything like gold + spell scroll + treasures ... without fight with any enemy. After that, begin fight with the weakest enemy and go on to win the game.