Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Approved Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by janik_dk View Post
At last i manage to find out proxy's and was able to order the collectors edition from ubi UK store.. Many thanks to jcenzano

Incredible it was going to be THAT time consuming and confusing.. I mean, to actually have to use proxy's to order a game..?!

Ubisoft should be more like "ok - you want to buy a game worth 50 £? no problem! - order right here!" Instead they are like "no - sorry - not possible - we don't want your money - actually we don't want this game to sell at all".

We all know how many years and how much work Oleg & team has put into this sim - only so Ubi can ruin the most critical part: the distribution.

If I didn't know this forum and had some sort of inside knowledge I would have NO clue that one of the greatest flightsims were about to be released. Also I would have no clue how to obtain the collectors edition.

I hope Oleg reconsiders his publishing deal with ubisoft after this.
Sorry but I cannot understand where is it possible to buy the collector edition.... I'm from Italy... Can someone help me? thx
Old 03-20-2011, 03:08 PM
Approved Member

alberto1960:
Please refer to jcenzano's guides:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=312
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=317
Old 03-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Approved Member

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post
http://www.ebgames.com/StoreLocator.aspx

Enter your city and NZ, and you'll find there are half dozen or more in NZ

Well already try this!! EB New Zealand have never heard of the game and have no plays on stocking it .

Yes i can run search to found games stores to, Cliffs of Dover is story of its own , thank anyway

And no I dont want a want Stream copy

Last edited by JG27_brook; 03-20-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:00 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG27_brook View Post
Well already try this!! EB New Zealand have never heard of the game and have no plays on stocking it .

Yes i can run search to found games stores to, Cliffs of Dover is story of its own , thank anyway

For what is is worth...

I called Electronic Boutique upon the release of Forgotten Battles. The guys in the store knew nothing of it. The had never heard of it or IL2 Sturmovik.

I went in to a store and they found a copy in the back room.

What I'm trying to say is, the guys up front on the counters and answering the phones aren't into our genre of game.

You can probably contact EB directly from the web and order a copy. EB is an international company.

Otherwise, like I'm sorry if what I suggest doesn't, wasn't and won't work.

You'll just have to keep looking, maybe get a friend, or other generous soul, to send you one from Australia or something.

Like yourself, I don't want a steam download. I want a disk I can poke in, even if I do have to initialize over the internet.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG27_brook View Post

EB Australia (and only EB) is stocking it due, I believe, to the efforts of some of the forum members here getting onto them and making it so.

As Australia and NZ are in the same region you shouldn't have a problem using a boxed version sent from Aus. I don't think EB Aus deliver overseas, but I'm not sure. You could check on that and if possible get it from them, or have someone in Aus send you a copy.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
EB Australia (and only EB) is stocking it due, I believe, to the efforts of some of the forum members here getting onto them and making it so.

As Australia and NZ are in the same region you shouldn't have a problem using a boxed version sent from Aus. I don't think EB Aus deliver overseas, but I'm not sure. You could check on that and if possible get it from them, or have someone in Aus send you a copy.
mate has e mail EB OZ to see if they export to NZ - waiting on e mail back

Thanks

PS:They bloody better lol
Old 03-21-2011, 12:26 AM
Approved Member

Default Where to buy?

Where should I pre-order IL-2 Cliffs of Dover. I have three oprions.

1. Buy from Steam where I will get Silent Hunter 3 free but I don't know if I could copy everything onto a DVD. Also I don't know how they compress the files for the game.

2. Buy from Ubi-Soft where there is nothing special really.

3. Buy from local store and be able to install as soon as I buy it but I don't know if any local stores will carry it.

What option would you suggest for me?

Thanks for all the help in advance.
Over and out,
Stealth Eagle
Old 03-21-2011, 01:14 AM
Approved Member

I live in the UK and do not mind forwarding copy's (Regular or collectors) to those unable to obtain.

I can send you the product keys which you can activate on Steam before posting so you can at least download from Steam so can play before receiving the disc if postage takes a while.

Bear in mind the game may not "unlock" untill your regions actual release date.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:13 AM
Approved Member

Good luck on trying to order from EB Games over the phone or online. When I called them to place an order they said I had to come into the store in person to take my order. As the nearest store was 150km away, well it was a nice day for a drive!
Old 03-21-2011, 04:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamadelica View Post
Good luck on trying to order from EB Games over the phone or online. When I called them to place an order they said I had to come into the store in person to take my order. As the nearest store was 150km away, well it was a nice day for a drive!
Things might have changed since then - http://www.ebgames.com.au/search?tit...liffs+of+Dover

It worked for me yesterday.