Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Bongo you are talking to a wall of pure denial he won't ever admit he is wrong...

David....
Yeah I should know better, tell you what David Hayward.....I will rip up and burn my pilots license right now, you are completely right, you win enjoy your victory....I'm sure it will be very sweet for you to do a victory jig wherever you are.....all alone......very very alone.

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Old 05-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodriver View Post
Not unless you have a system in place that allows pilots manual control, hence the reason a human 'should' be in the cockpit and the megajet consigned to this forum only.
Let's assume they eventually put together the megajet 2000. How long do you think it will take them to realize that all the pilot is doing is turning on the computer?
Old 05-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Yeah I should know better, tell you what David Hayward.....I will rip up and burn my pilots license right now, you are completely right, you win enjoy your victory....I'm sure it will be very sweet for you to do a victory jig wherever you are.....all alone......very very alone.
That is a very odd reaction to something that probably isn't going to happen until long after you are dead.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hayward View Post
That is a very odd reaction to something that probably isn't going to happen until long after you are dead.
hey at the rate I smoke thats gonna be soon.....

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Old 05-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Let's assume they eventually put together the megajet 2000. How long do you think it will take them to realize that all the pilot is doing is turning on the computer?
Don't forget we designed the megajet to not have pilots, so now nothing can go wrong.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Don't forget we designed the megajet to not have pilots, so now nothing can go wrong.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be better than the average pilot.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be better than the average pilot.
Absolutely, and like you said, the pilots are dead weight and just extra meat to pick out of the wreckage.......you saved my life dude.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:17 PM
Approved Member

There is a saying, "German Generals, French Officers and British Soldiers...". This just shows the mental determination of the French officer class. - I believe him!

Last edited by 5./JG27.Farber; 05-04-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Absolutely, and like you said, the pilots are dead weight and just extra meat to pick out of the wreckage.......you saved my life dude.
Only if this discussion convinced you to stop smoking.

Do you think they would implement a system like this without testing in a simulator and comparing the results to human pilots?
Old 05-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Approved Member

..sometimes I wonder whether David is doing some sort of university research and using this forum as his research playground

david, no matter how powerful and sensor-loaded you make a computer, if it doesn't have a conscience or a human-like self awareness it won't ever perform like a real pilot.

The control of an aircraft was developed to be piloted by humans, the route that Airbus has been advocating so far is unnatural and in many ways incompatible with the human operators.