Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Warrior, Paladin, Mage

Warrior, Paladin, Mage Different classes in King's Bounty

Old 03-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Registered Member

Default Skillchoices at lvl up! Manual and fact dosnt agree ^^

I was wondering a bit, i got the game in my mailbox today. And been playing quite a bit today. I just turned lvl five now, and so far i've only been allowed to take a mage stat once in thoose lvl ups.
The manual say: When receiving a new level, Mage gets magic runes, increases his intellect and mana reserves.

BUT from 1-2 i got a choice btw
Leadership - Rage
2-3 Defence - Rage
3-4 Intellect - Leadership
4-5 Leadership - Rage

I feel something is off here, or is the int/mana reserves something you get above the choosen stats?
Btw if i get a choice btw leadership and rage ive chosen leadership, is that sound or a big mistake?

Hope you can give me some clarity here
Best regards
w0mbat
Old 03-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Approved Member

You've just had some pretty bad luck. What things are offered at level up is random with the exception that leadership is always offered if you didn't pick leadership the previous level-up, and there is a lower chance that any of the other stats will turn up if you picked them at last level-up. I'm pretty sure that your class has no effect on what choices are offered.

As for you leadership or rage choice, leadership is probably better for a mage, though more rage will let you use the rage spirits more effectively.;

One final note: the manual you get with the game is a lying, uninformative scumbag.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

Ty for the answer, guess il just go on as best as i can then

Anyways seems most increases to stats ect comes from things on the worldmap anyways, so might not be terribly important in any case. LvL 6 now atleast and got my ragebox, though i have no idea on how to use it ;P
Old 03-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, items and other things definitely have a huge effect. I'm a warrior and have been lucky enough to get Attack 90% of the time between choosing Leadership on even level-ups, and have only chosen Intellect once, but my overall stats are like 21 Attack, 16 Defense, and 28 Intellect.