Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Warrior, Paladin, Mage

Warrior, Paladin, Mage Different classes in King's Bounty

Old 03-02-2009, 09:09 AM
Registered Member

hi everbody especially maltz...As i stated already i gave up to play with mage,and i started with paladin.As i guessed holy anger ability really really deathly for demons and necros.Yesterday i closed demonis gate.

But i realized necro castle army is random.In my old game with mage there were 150 necromances but with paladin there were 54 necros.But in first there were 1000 archers,in second there were 2000 archers.Maybe army random but total army health is always same.

I mean with paladin i have 17 att.(actually 17att.+15 h.a.a=32 att.),30 def.,11 int.,Althought i tried to fight in night time for night operations ability (+6 att. and def.) i missed the night.But Really easly i won the fight my leadership between 17k-18k.And army 101-Cannoners(99 survived),800+ dryads(600+ survived),2000+lake fries(700+ survived),250+king snakes(all died),250+elf archers(all died)...

I have to advice cannoners.They are really really very overpowering unit.Especially for buildings they are fatal especially after you get artifact that is incearing 100% archer attacks.

Now i understand in the game in impossible best hero character is paladin.
Yesterday i remember my total gold more than 3M.I used very easy tactic.
Dryad,snake king and archers with cannoners.So, as you know dryad is making sleepy level 1-3 enemies.And with soul stealing every turn 30% i dont have any casualties. When sleppy units wake up their counts are only a few pieces.And i beated demon princess and baal very very easly.Holy anger ability realy best ability in the game for impossible game.

Thanks to everbody...
Old 10-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Registered Member

I accept with information:Good combos are:Take heavy loss + Time Back. This is probably the best rage spell on higher difficulties.
Mass Magic Shackle (lv 3 distortion). This stops the necromancers from reviving other units. Very useful.
Glot's armor / Wall / Ice thorns. They are barriers to buy you a turn or two. The most basic armor and wall are the best - as they are the cheapest.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Approved Member

Agreed for most of the points. The keys to winning the battle is:

-Good unit composition. You'll want hard-hitting melee units for this battle, the "Bone" ability of the skeletons/bone dragons and the high defense of Karador makes ranged units inflict much less damage.

-Wipe out the stack of bone dragons in the first round before Karador can act. He will 100% certainly raise them - you can kill them again every round, making sure he will not cast Hypnotize or damage spells! He will always prefer the dragons to raising lower level units.

-Slow down the melee units with Ice Thorns - Black Knights wasted 5 rounds for me to get through them.

-Shamans are a key to the battle. Put totems on dead bodies (except bone dragons) to prevent raising.

-Kill everything and leave the crystal for last, then let the crystal resurrect one stack only, and use Rage Taking. Use Chargers from the gained rage, resurrect fallen stacks with this! Make sure you kill the raised stack before Karador could cast a spell when that unit gets his turn.

-I used (Level 25 paladin) Royal Snakes (with Feanora and Royal Snake ring), Griffins (Griffin Banner let me recruit more, they are your decoy/tank unit for this battle), Shamans (see above), Black Dragons (use them wisely, avoid getting hit/retaliated by strong units, use wake of fire against fire-weak troops like skeletons), Black Unicrons (good damage against undead).
Old 10-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Approved Member

a good setup that worked for me was:
priests, Inquistors, Necromancers, sprites and dryad.
First turn blind the necromancers and the shooters kill enemy skellies, the Necromancers raise dead twice then time back. - The enemy hordes barely made it through the gates because the shooters killed them and the necromancers raised them again.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:43 AM
Registered Member

A few tricks I used was to use my own necromancers to resurrect their bone dragons first. If I couldn't do that, I would step on the corpse with one of my troops and never leave.

The tanks were ancient vampires and red dragons. For the crystal, as a mage, I used a demon portal which summoned demoness, and used them to attack the crystal every round or so while the rest of my army fought off the enemy stacks.