Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Warrior, Paladin, Mage

Warrior, Paladin, Mage Different classes in King's Bounty

Old 11-18-2008, 09:19 PM
Approved Member

Default Here's a dirty tip ... -Endless Mana

I'm Mage LvL 16 in mid game Dwarven lands on impossible, doing battles that usually take me half an hour and on the rare occasion up to an hour and a half because of this 'dirty' strat ...

I now finish every battle with no losses + full mana + full rage and best of all: I just proved to myself that I can go into a battle with 1 single Shaman, stowing the other 29 in my Reserve slot + my regular army, and I come out of the fight with +29 brand new Shamans, while not even having the Resurrection spell - using a virtually endless source of Mana...

Since I saw people doing similar things but never writing they do "endless Mana" on any fight I thought I should share...

Ingredients:
1. A huge no retaliation enemy stack or any plain slow moving stack for regular fights - Alchemists or Royal Snakes for "endless mana".
2. A full Stack of Royal Thorns.
3. Mana Spring Level 3.
4. A never upgraded Poison Rain Rage-spell.
5. A full Stack of Inquisitors.
6. The Sacrifice Spell.

Mix the 6 ingredients together and you get the following:
*For the best effect you box in an enemy stack using 4 strong stacks of Thorns.
*Replace all thorns that die with new ones, but don't crowd the battle area or you will be waiting a LONG time for each turn to end...
*Cast Mana Spring 4 times - once on each thorn stack.
*Cast each Mana Spring AFTER the thorns have moved but before the turn ends. (simply click "Done" until the last turn of the Royal Thorns - this will assure best results).
*After you cast the last one, end the turn and ask Sleem to cast Poison Rain.
*This will generate 3 + 4 + 5 + 5 = 17 * 5 = 85 Mana when done right.
*Watch +20 MANA twice, than +10 MANA a couple or more times and... you get the idea.
*Use Inquisitors to regain full Rage for the next battle + resurrect any and all units - especially the units you Sacrifice...

Since the Alchemists have very good Poison resistance + high hit points + no retaliation + the Poison rain does so little damage (about 15 points per turn), and when they have a big enough stack they can withstand 150+ turns of this "abuse", giving you plenty of time to regenerate your losses and effortlessly gain new troops at 0 cost - except the most precious one of all: your time.

Enjoy.

P.S.
This thread should be moved to the 'Tips and Hints' sub-forum.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by alon; 11-18-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:32 PM
Approved Member

It is a whole lot easier to use invisibility + emerald dragons to get your mana. Takes a relative long time to kill stuff but you can kill anything except stuff that can see invisibility.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandsai View Post
It is a whole lot easier to use invisibility + emerald dragons to get your mana. Takes a relative long time to kill stuff but you can kill anything except stuff that can see invisibility.
Cool - but you assume that I found the Invisibility spell + that I have access to Emerald Dragons when I only just got to the Dwarven lands ...
Old 12-11-2008, 02:37 PM
Registered Member

Default you have not invisibility but

you can cast 4!!! mana spring ?? how could you do that, i could cast 2 mana spring in a turn but 4 ??? and when you are at the end of the fight, generally you have already used this ability so you are stick with 1 cast by turn. Do i miss something ?
Old 12-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemydes View Post
you can cast 4!!! mana spring ?? how could you do that, i could cast 2 mana spring in a turn but 4 ??? and when you are at the end of the fight, generally you have already used this ability so you are stick with 1 cast by turn. Do i miss something ?
He probably did not mean "in one turn" - if he did - he was wrong
Old 12-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Registered Member

Or you could just be a mage, max out your ability to cast multiple spells per turn and nuke everything in a matter of minutes...saves time and limits your losses. 150+ turns!! who the hell wants to fight for that long.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot322 View Post
Or you could just be a mage, max out your ability to cast multiple spells per turn and nuke everything in a matter of minutes...saves time and limits your losses. 150+ turns!! who the hell wants to fight for that long.
even with maxed "higher magic" you can use only ONE additional spell per turn...

If you have Higher Magic level 3:
1st round : one normal + one additional spell cast
2nd round: one normal + one additional spell cast
3rd round: this time you will need only one cast... so you will save your third BONUS
4th round: one normal + the saved additional spell cast ...
after round 4 you can again cast only one spell (there is not higher level than 3 for higher magic... unless you MOD it)

You can save your bonus cast to whenever you like... but you can always have only 2 casts per round MAX...

I hope this clears it a little bit and I hope it does not destroy too many cloud castles (remember - you need cloud castle, titans can be hired there)