Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Warrior, Paladin, Mage

Warrior, Paladin, Mage Different classes in King's Bounty

Old 11-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Bounty Hunter View Post
All the bragging rights and "i've done this i've done that" are from people who have used Mages. It's very easy to fake/alter a photo you know ha ha don't bother posting links to your fake scores for gods sake..

I love this game but it's so annoying that the Mages are the only class worth bothering with!
I would not agree - my one and only time I was able to finish the game on impossible was with warrior... (even if the tactics I used was not warrior only based, and I missed the "2 spells / turn" skill and totally did not use the "iron fist" skill)
Old 11-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Approved Member

I would also add the fact - tha the most powerfull artefacts are weapons - with the correct woman (hell girl) you can have 4 weapons - that makes warrior valuable even if nothing else would.

It needs only little luck and you would have collection of the best weapon artefacts - by this you can make from you warrior excellent mage (using the +5 to INT weapon/staffs) or total slayer (I had 2 swords of +50% DMG to dragons when I was in the labyrinth, or 3 + x% against demons when I was fighting demons - I am not sure if it was 50% or 30% ...)

I would never believe that this can make a difference myself - but I never had such easy fights on impossible than when combining the best of the best weapon artifacts

btw - I totally liked most the palladin - but not on impossible
why is mage not so great on impossible? - his magic increases in power linear (in linear matter- you have twice INT your spells do twice DMG, but you can get much more DMG in impossible combat than you could ever fix with ressurection)
as the difficulty increases geometrically, you lose in time...
Old 11-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Approved Member

Mage is great on impossible, but you must focus on either high int for Armageddon or low int and high attack/defense for creature based strategies and Phantom. Fire Rain and other damage spells don't cut it past early/mid-game.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travcm View Post
Mage is great on impossible, but you must focus on either high int for Armageddon or low int and high attack/defense for creature based strategies and Phantom. Fire Rain and other damage spells don't cut it past early/mid-game.
Actually I used Fire Rain throughout the game in my Impossible Mage game. With 30 Intellect, Destroyer 3 and Chaos 3, I was getting around 2000 damage per hex over 7 hexes. With Higher Magic this was six times in the first three turns. This is pretty devastating. I'm not saying that this is the best way to play the game but it DOES work.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travcm View Post
Agreed .
Old 11-28-2008, 09:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Bounty Hunter View Post
All the bragging rights and "i've done this i've done that" are from people who have used Mages. It's very easy to fake/alter a photo you know ha ha don't bother posting links to your fake scores for gods sake..

I love this game but it's so annoying that the Mages are the only class worth bothering with!
I'm playing this game and loving it also and could not disagree with you more.

I'm playing a Warrior and I'm having an amazing amount of fun. I have no idea if better scores are heavily weighted toward Mages or not. Don't really care, although I understand if others do. But to make a blanket statement that Mages are the only class worth bothering with is heavily subjective AND silly.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Actually I used Fire Rain throughout the game in my Impossible Mage game. With 30 Intellect, Destroyer 3 and Chaos 3, I was getting around 2000 damage per hex over 7 hexes. With Higher Magic this was six times in the first three turns. This is pretty devastating. I'm not saying that this is the best way to play the game but it DOES work.
On my first approach (mage, normal) i was using Chaos 3 as first too, but now going on impossible with mage i found that geyser is more awesome spell which is guarantee and easy to obtain, this spell help me win with easy nearly all battle up to kordar, i just cleared whole gremlin castle even beating stacks mark as impossible oO.

Last edited by Smash; 11-29-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Approved Member

Destroyer 3 still helps Geyser. Geyser hits a lot of targets but the spell damage is really weak for a mage.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Approved Member

Ohh i read wrong, i thought about chaos school magic X/.

Why damage is half of fire rain as you said it hits a lot of targets, cast it twice in first turn plus your aoe units and only the biggest stacks will stay at the end of turn, disable they on next turn and it is over.

Last edited by Smash; 11-29-2008 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Approved Member

Geysier is great against scattered enemies, like gremlin towers - would be geysier half Phy DMG half Magical (that means that it could deliver 1/2 damage to black dragons ) this spell would be really ultimate - but I found it quite useless (nearly) when I had to fight huge stacks of black dragons...

For me was Gaysier the best spell due my lack of will to calculate where exactly to land Fire Rain /Fire Ball, Ice snake to deliver the hugest damage ... w/o much thinking I just selected gayser and enjoyed the flying/falling and dying enemies (sadly I didn't get it always so easily... )