Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Warrior, Paladin, Mage

Warrior, Paladin, Mage Different classes in King's Bounty

Old 11-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Approved Member

Default Why make a game that is so heavily biased?

All the bragging rights and "i've done this i've done that" are from people who have used Mages. It's very easy to fake/alter a photo you know ha ha don't bother posting links to your fake scores for gods sake..

I love this game but it's so annoying that the Mages are the only class worth bothering with!
Old 11-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Approved Member

I had fun playing with the warrior.

But oh no, I can't brag, because I was playing on *gasp* normal.

Who gives a frell about the score anyway.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metathron View Post
I had fun playing with the warrior.

But oh no, I can't brag, because I was playing on *gasp* normal.

Who gives a frell about the score anyway.
I didn't mention the score as I have not completed the game yet. I'm just pointing out a fact.

I like you could not give two shits about the score.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:50 AM
Approved Member

KBH,

I would disagree...

I'm playing as a Paladin on Impossible its day 22 and i'm clearing the land of the dead.

I actually think the Pala is better than the mage and after giving it some thought also think that the most powerful spell in the game is actually soul drain at 50% which once you get leveled up high enough recharges every turn.
So, that would lead me to believe that in late game Warrior could actually be the best unit as you could do soul drain every turn and use limited mana for def spells.

my .02 cents...

DW
Old 11-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Approved Member

I'm trying to play for high score with warrior, I reached elven lands on day 11, and progressing there, lvl 21 currently. On impossible, of course. I'll tell you how fast I finished once I'm done.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf View Post
KBH,

I would disagree...

I'm playing as a Paladin on Impossible its day 22 and i'm clearing the land of the dead.

I actually think the Pala is better than the mage and after giving it some thought also think that the most powerful spell in the game is actually soul drain at 50% which once you get leveled up high enough recharges every turn.
So, that would lead me to believe that in late game Warrior could actually be the best unit as you could do soul drain every turn and use limited mana for def spells.

my .02 cents...

DW
I don't see anything at all that makes the paladin more powerful than the mage. The Paladin basically gets extras of the useless runes, bonuses to non-threatening undead, and a miniscule amount of extra leadership. Endgame, as a mage, you cast 2 spells per turn, 3 times per battle, and will have to runes (if you didn't waste any) to max all of the worthwhile skills. The Paladin is clearly inferior as a single one of those extra casts can be used to cast phantom for a zero loss army that more than compensates for the leadership differences.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Approved Member

I think the problem here is with the phrase "I don't see anything that makes ..." - just because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

In my current game (just entered demon area - paladin on hard) here are the things i noticed (compared to my mage on hard and warrior on hard):
I *think* I am a level+ higher when entering area - perhaps because I took some of the bonus exp skills
I *know* I have higher number of total skills because I converted many of my mind runes into warrior/mage runes
My stats are much more balanced and quite high (approx 20 15 15 for attack/defense/int) so I hit much harder than mage.
For the two hardest fights (demon area/elven undead) my attack will be +15 due to paladin skills.
My items find has been quite good (just lucky or perhaps something is tilted towards paladin).
-
I almost did not play paladin game and when I started it I thought it would be a waste of time (and a bit of a pain in some situations). I've been amazed at how easy the game is (compared to the warrior/mage games).

I have not played on impossible so I cannot compare the classes at that level but I feel that I can compare them on hard.

I guess an open question is if I had built my warrior the same as my paladin (i.e, kept the stats more balanced) would there still be a difference - I suspect the extra level and skill against deamon/undead helps more than anticipated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travcm View Post
I don't see anything at all that makes the paladin more powerful than the mage. The Paladin basically gets extras of the useless runes, bonuses to non-threatening undead, and a miniscule amount of extra leadership. Endgame, as a mage, you cast 2 spells per turn, 3 times per battle, and will have to runes (if you didn't waste any) to max all of the worthwhile skills. The Paladin is clearly inferior as a single one of those extra casts can be used to cast phantom for a zero loss army that more than compensates for the leadership differences.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Approved Member

After 2 impossible games with mage and warrior i can say, that mage may be extremely overpowered on normal, but spellpower does not scale on impossible.

And at the end my Warrior hat 30k Leader, my Mage only 22k, thats more than 35% more damage and health with troops. I somewhat missed the dual casting ability but in alot of fights i did not need it because my troops finished most mind immune stacks because of their bigger stack size and the Dryads put the rest to sleep, so even a couple incarnations and heroes in the maze didnt even get a chance to cast a single spell.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:32 PM
Approved Member

I start to see Dryads everywhere ~~.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:27 AM
Approved Member

My first game was a Paladin, I ended up with over 50 mind runes left over but my might and magic runes were all used up.