Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Warrior, Paladin, Mage

Warrior, Paladin, Mage Different classes in King's Bounty

Old 10-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Approved Member

Default Undead only?

I was wondering if anyone's tried, or has an opinion on, going entirely undead for their army.

It seems like there isn't nearly as good a selection of troops as there is for the "living" troops.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Approved Member

I've also found out that undead troops seem to be inferior to living ones, however you have to take into account that you can pick the skill "Dark Commander" (that was it's name right?) for extra bonuses for undeads, you can get the corpse bride and I think there are even some items that offer some exclusive bonuses to undeads.

All in all, I might go for the undead if I found some nice undead artifacts (can't remember/don't know if there are any good ones tho) and was a warrior. Dark Commander might be too expensive for other classes seeing as I always try to max out onslaught and tactics early on.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Registered Member

I've been trying this out the last few days... Have the Cloak of Shadows and the ring set bonus that gives vampires some extra something... Ultimately though, I didn't like it much, and went back to my 4 archers and 1 melee setup... (Ale + Scope set, Elves, Hunters, Bowmen, and Cannoneers, and I swap between Knights and Horsemen for the 5th slot).. I'm still working to find a way for the elves to work well with the dwarven cannoneers, but it's only -1 to morale so I can live with it...

Bone Dragons suck ass compared to the other dragons, the Black Knights don't have any special skills (Circle Attack, or even Running would be nice), Skeletal Archers seem to always get targeted first and die damned fast... Necromancers are good, but with this army I found myself making them wait a lot because I didn't want to do aoe dmg to my troops... On top of all that, I can't use spells like Bless on them (wasting my lvl 3 mass Bless ftl)...
Old 10-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Approved Member

Not really undead only but I think this time I have best mix of early units I have found. My army is currently cursed ghosts, skeleton archers, royal snakes, inquisitors and evil beholders. None takes moral hits from undeads.

Skeleton archers seem better than bowmen. Specially since enemy seems to like shooting my beholders instead of skellies so their hp doesn't matter.

Cursed ghosts got nice speed and can suck life out of enemies to heal. I haven't had them long yet so not really sure how well they will do.

Royal snakes are my absolute favorite starting units. Their no retaliation ability is just unbelievably good.

Inquisitors are great for occasional resurrect and making rage.

And evil beholders do great damage and I just love their mind control. Interesting thing I noticed is that evil beholders are archers so I could give them precision. Of course I was lucky to find evil beholders from swamp.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Approved Member

I played some with cursed ghosts and they seem really nice. Their ability can hit multiple targets next to them. And it is useful even against single one since it pushes enemy back while doing damage. That way it can't retaliate.

My initial stack of 10 has quickly grown to 20 due it's ability to steal souls. Only problem is that stack goes over leadership limit so I have started to keep one less ghost than leadership allows and keep surplus in reserve in case I lose some.

But best thing I found out was when I remembered that swamp witch was selling sacrifice spell. I can actually sacrifice cursed ghosts. They keep building up for free it seems good recipe for keeping up stack of some more rare troops. I was thinking of trying ents which two were sold but they really hate undeads in same army so it won't work unless I get tolerance.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Approved Member

hehe in the original king's bounty I had an unfortunate death when the ghosts killed a stack of peasants and the number of ghosts was so high over my leadership total that they went out of control and killed my entire army.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Approved Member

After bit more playing skeleton archers are real bad when enemy shoots them. They die like flies.

I wish I had vampires available somewhere so I could test those out.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Approved Member

I found vampires and tested them a bit. I wasn't very impressed. They only regain lives when in bat form. And if I understood it right they only resurrect ones that died in battle while ghosts go above what they had in start.

At the moment my army is cursed ghosts, inquisitors, shamans, evil beholders and griffins. In pirate island in most fights I build up my cursed ghost stack and sacrifice it every few battles to build up other stacks.

I really love cursed ghosts. They are first melee which can fight against melee stack or even two for several rounds and my stack just grows.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Approved Member

Some units may seem weak, but what matters is if you can do a good combo.

Fo instance in early game, I had the Crown of Thorns.
With this artifact, the thorns inflict + 100 % damage, which is huge !
If you add the artificat that double the attack of archer, this increase further damage.
Finally you cast the Cloat Armor on them to protect them sicne they have very low hp

Last edited by Hazimel; 10-10-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Approved Member

Actually I think that unded archers are one of the best range units in the game