Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Warrior, Paladin, Mage

Warrior, Paladin, Mage Different classes in King's Bounty

Old 09-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandsai View Post
For example, if you have low leadership you will be dealing with smaller stacks of troops meaning that 200 damage is real good against the small stack.
I'm not sure I understand this; does your leadership dictate the size of the enemy stacks?
Old 09-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Approved Member

he probably meant that that you don't attack too strong enemies and it will be early in the game, where the enemies are pretty weak
Old 09-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Approved Member

Cool

This game has too many damn good spells. like have knights ans use haste on them. no dragon can face you. Use hypnosis, use fire rain, use demon's portal, use lightning, healing (against undead only) does damage costing 1 mana! (on level 3).

And Armageddon, too powerfull. Only sad part is our own troops get 1/3 damage.

for lot more details, ask me...
Old 09-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolorabi View Post
I'm not sure I understand this; does your leadership dictate the size of the enemy stacks?
It doesn't but as your leadership grows so will the opponents, at least that's how it should work. But ya, I guess it really depends on your play style. It just seems to me that as your stacks grow due to leadership, it becomes quite beneficial to cast bless than a direct damage spell. Meh, just me I guess.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:30 AM
Approved Member

Currently playing Paladin on Hard.

I'm still only level 7, and I currently use mainly Resurrection, Magic Poleaxe, and Slow.

Slow is really useful for giving your shooters time to damage melee before they come in close and you're forced to use your own melee.

Poleaxe is mainly just for extra damage when I'm in a situation where slow or resurrection isn't useful.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:46 AM
Registered Member

The spells I use the most (and even more after gaining lvl 3 in order and distortion magic) is haste and that spell that adds initiative...

Those 2 rocks (as a mage, being able to cast twice is great), summon phoenix isnt too bad either.

Lightning is kinda cool if upgraded (chain lightning=lots of dead enemies)
Old 09-30-2008, 12:21 AM
Approved Member

I think Ghost Sword and Fireball might be two best direct-damage spells.

You guys have lots of cool spells I'm not finding in my game! But the best one that I use all the time so far is "Fit of Energy," because it gives me two turns with one unit. I always give the extra turn to my best ranged unit, so usually on my first turn I can eliminate any single stack of enemy troop that I choose to.

I have about 170 Bowmen, 20 Cannoneers, 30 Alchemists, and 40 Evil Beholders. The bowmen do the most damage if the enemy has low defense, otherwise the Evil Beholders are best because they do magic damage instead of physical.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:19 AM
Approved Member

fireball early

firerain later. rain hurts all enemys same damage and hits up to 7 in one nuke.

anyone used ice spikes or ice spells?
Old 09-30-2008, 08:21 AM
Registered Member

• Lightning - at level two is actually Chain Lighting and it can hit up to five units.
  • Gift - refreshes abilities of the target unit. I usually cast it on Inquisitors to res those units (evil beholders and archmages) that I can't use my Resurrection spell on . My Res spell is only lvl 2 so it can be cast only on 1-3 lvl of units, but the Res skill of Inquisitors has no such limitation.
  • Blind - makes an enemy unit lose 2 turns (no moving, no attacking).
  • Hypnotize - take control of an enemy unit for 2 turns. It usually ends with all the enemy units concentrating fire on the hypnotized one, since it is the closest to them.
  • Slow and Haste - no need to explain why.
  • Resurrection - a time and money saver.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Approved Member

I'm rather fond of Summon Phoenix. I got it pretty early, level 9 and upgraded it to third level. It helps with enemy shooters. I also like that it rebirths.