Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Warrior, Paladin, Mage

Warrior, Paladin, Mage Different classes in King's Bounty

Old 09-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Approved Member

Default Which spells do folks consider worth learning or upgrading ?

Which spells do folks find most useful? Also, given enough crystals can you learn all spells? (the reason I ask is I'm level 8 and i think i found some nifty spells but not sure if there are tons more later on or if I've seen most of them).
Old 09-27-2008, 11:01 AM
Registered Member

The most useful? I prefer poleaxe because it's a simple big damage spell... suits my warrior best.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:37 PM
Approved Member

Well, I upgraded the Book of Evil summon to the fullest. Not sure if it is considered good, but I love it ^^
Old 09-27-2008, 09:25 PM
Approved Member

Talking

Muhahaha!
Sacrifice! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Geyser!
Old 09-28-2008, 03:34 AM
Approved Member

In so far as spells are concerned, I prefer skills that either augment your troops, like precision, bless, or other buffs, I love armor buffs. Phantom image is not bad either. I also like spells that hamper your enemy like pigmy (at lvl 3 -40% health and damage). Direct damage is all fine and dandy in the beginning but loses out later on due to the high leadership stacks involved. For example, if you have low leadership you will be dealing with smaller stacks of troops meaning that 200 damage is real good against the small stack. But once you have 200 swordsman, 200 damage is pretty weak in comparison of killing 40% of that stacks HP. Has WAY more impact.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandsai View Post
For example, if you have low leadership you will be dealing with smaller stacks of troops meaning that 200 damage is real good against the small stack. But once you have 200 swordsman, 200 damage is pretty weak in comparison of killing 40% of that stacks HP. Has WAY more impact.
Yeah, but by the moment you have 200 swordsmen, your damage spells do much more damage than 200. Right now, I'm with 11' level warrior, with aproximately 5000 leadership (100 swordsmen), and my default damage spell do nearly 300 points of damage, and I only have level 1 order magic. Also, if you have a unit with high initiative, but your shooters have worst initiative, doing damage in the beginning of the turn could help you to minimize damage of the enemy's faster units.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:12 AM
Approved Member

You're missing the point. The point is that direct damage scales very poorly in general. The point was that late game it is far more beneficial to go with buffs or debuffs that work on a percentage basis. Pain mirror is very useful in this regard, so is pigmy, so is bless and all other percentage based spells. Initiative problems are solved by onslaught for a warrior. A fast moving troop and phantom image or just teleport allows for any melee troop to reach the other side in one turn, boom shooter problem solved.

To demonstrate the lack of a proper scale lets take your own example. 300 damage vs. -20% in health and damage of a 1-2 tier stack. Recalling from memory, swordsmen have 35 hp, tier 2. Thats 3500 hp you take -20% hp that is more than double of the 300 damage spell. You also reduced the damage by same amount. This is a level one pigmy spell. So as you can see, direct damage scales poorly in relation to percentage based spells.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:15 AM
Approved Member

I'd have to say Dragon Arrows (great for a large stack of bowmen - it makes them my most damaging group from any range) and Resurrection. I pretty much cast Dragon Arrows the first turn, then save the rest of my mana to resurrect troops. That keeps me going without having to go back for more troops all the time.

-Munch
Old 09-28-2008, 08:05 AM
Approved Member

Sandsai i think that youre point is purely circumstantial!
I can cast geyser with 1000 dmg aver. on 8 enemies , 2 times per round!(mage super skill!)
Old 09-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Approved Member

The best spells for you depends on what's your battle strategy. And that's all. In my opinion, the buffs are good in some circumstancies, like Tibster points. Onslaught only solve the initiave's problem in the first turn. Teleport or fast moving force you to lose the turn's spell, besides leaves your troop in the perfect situation to be the main target of ALL foes.

In your hypothetical situation, maybe you'd be right, but the game it's not as simply as that. In the battle, there are some circumstances that don't let your troops to do what you want. So, that's why so important the direct damage of the spells: allows you to kill some units, no matter what would happen one or two turns before.