Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Warrior, Paladin, Mage

Warrior, Paladin, Mage Different classes in King's Bounty

Old 09-25-2008, 11:58 PM
Approved Member

*Okay, this post is full of spoilers.*

Hi stupidface (no insult intended ), I am playing as a Hard Paladin as well and I'm currently level six.

Without bragging, and with respect to hawker's wisdom, I am actually finding the game (gasp) a little too easy right now.

The only rough patch I had was when I first entered Arlania looking for the royal seal quest. There are plenty of nasty troops around that could munch my then level 4 Paladin. I found that upgrading the Scouting skill to its max was PRIORITY ONE as it allows you to see exactly how many troops you will be fighting against. Very important. As you become familiar with the enemies you will be able to tell whether you can take them down or not. The estimate of strength is not very accurate as I don't think it takes into account your spells/rage, nor your superior intellect compared with the computer. Thus I am finding that 'Slightly stronger' enemies are often quite easy to beat.

Okay, so how did I get from struggling on level 4 to cruising on level 6? Firstly, you need the ragebox. Now. There is a thread about how to get this up and running if you haven't do so already. I have the first two rage demons serving me - the fire one and the poison one. The problem the Paladin has is that it is hard for him to access the Chaos spells early on. There is a prerequisite that is very expensive. Consequently, I still don't have Chaos magic. This is very bad without the ragebox, as you are relying entirely on your brute strength to defeat enemies. And this means heavy losses. The only attacking spells I have at the moment are Magic Pole Axe and Pain Mirror (which requires the enemy to hit you first).

Once you've got the ragebox and unlocked the first two demons (which is easy to do) things will get much better. I found that I could make a LOT of money and get a lot of experience by cruising around Arlania, Verlon Forest and to a lesser extent Marshan Swamp picking up all the goodies. It is especially good when you have a boat to go around the coast/islands with. There is plenty of money and easy fights available. I always had stuff to spent the money on but I am finding that there is JUST enough to see me through. There are heaps of easy fed-ex style quests to complete.

To my surprise I found that I was able to defeat the giant turtle fairly easily (this is on Hard remember). Oh, I am still using the humans alot too. My leadership is at around 1600 which allows for something like 60 Swordsmen, 27 Ancient Bears (love these guys), 5 Knights (but I can't find a place to buy more), 18 Inquisitors (again, I need more) and 5 Mages (I don't think that's their name - the guys who can cast the defensive spell or the teleportation). Add that to level 2 Order and Distortion spells, plus ragebox with two demons, and I'm in business. Marshan Swamp looks very tough though - especially the graveyard area.

I love this game.

Last edited by Zhuangzi; 09-26-2008 at 12:01 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:41 AM
Approved Member

Hmm, do you think that I should have totally phased out Peasants from my army by now?

My Leadership is in the mid 2000's, and I have over 500 peasants. They hit for a lot of damage, but of course they are usually whittled down before they can be of much use.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidface View Post
Hmm, do you think that I should have totally phased out Peasants from my army by now?

My Leadership is in the mid 2000's, and I have over 500 peasants. They hit for a lot of damage, but of course they are usually whittled down before they can be of much use.
Well, I'm not sure, but I don't like peasants because they are slow and don't have any special abilities. Basically I think it's more cost effective to buy less stronger units that can actually withstand the enemy attack. Then of course you've got to keep them alive.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:10 AM
Approved Member

Peasants have a banding bonus, every +30 peasants in stack gives +1 to their attack (up to +10)
Old 09-26-2008, 06:13 AM
Approved Member

Default Warrior, Paladin, Mage (info, strategy, hints, etc.)

All discussions about classes in KB will be stored here.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:58 PM
Approved Member

The IA versus shaman totems is kind of odd.
They'll almost always attack them, wasting their turn as Bonar said... The presence of shamans on your army make battles much easier.
My army is specialized on distant fight (cyclops, evil beholders, catapults...), and the totems help me a lot doing massive damages before the enemy reaches me.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:02 AM
Approved Member

U can get the same result with Peace + Target spells !
Old 09-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

What is the max level of a player character?
Old 09-27-2008, 05:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonbo View Post
What is the max level of a player character?
30, I believe. Same for the Spirits.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Approved Member

I dont know who to play through as! warrior or mage. i wanna cast good spells but i also want good leadership to get some of the best units! hard choice..