Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Warrior, Paladin, Mage

Warrior, Paladin, Mage Different classes in King's Bounty

Old 09-24-2008, 01:46 AM
Approved Member

I'll probably start with a Paladin or Mage and play on Hard.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:31 AM
Approved Member

Warrior normal.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:23 PM
Approved Member

Default Warrior, Paladin, Mage (info, strategy, hints, etc.)

Hi!

I'm having a lot of trouble playing as a Paladin on Hard (full version.) My troop consists mainly of Humanoids (Peasants, Archers, Monks, Barbarians, Swordsmen) and I'm having a terrible time in fights. I still haven't been able to unlock Knights/Horsemen because the enemy guarding the tent is rated "Impossible." Likewise, exploring any of the nearby territories is difficult because there are very FEW enemies left that are rated "weak." Most are rated as matches or stronger - and I know that if I fight anything other than weaks, I'm going to lose a ton of troops, and then have nothing left to recruit apart from animals.
So I don't know what to do at this point to continue moving forward with my army. I have a ton of money, but nothing worthwhile to spend it on; I could buy equipment items, but would they really make any difference in a me-versus-"strong" battle?
I feel like there's very little left for me to do unless I can raise a substantial number of quality troops - but of course, as a Paladin, I can't raise too many at once.
The "home castle" with King Darion has already run out of everything but Peasants.

The only spell I've learnt is "Healing." I didn't spend my runes too wisely - I focused on mind buffs instead of magic buffs. I was hoping to get the "Tolerance" power so that I could replace some of my troop with Ghosts or Vampires - but I fear that I'll lose them quickly too, especially as I seem to be facing a lot of monks in battles lately.

Well I guess that's it - I just don't really know how to progress. All of my quests tell me to attack someone I cannot possibly defeat. All of my "fetch" quests I've done by waiting for the overpowering enemies to travel far enough along their path that I can sneak through.

So what now?

Thanks! Fun game - but hard!
Old 09-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Approved Member

I agree Paladin can be more difficult getting started than Mage or Warrior. If you haven't already focus on doing the King's quests - that line leads to getting the rage box. That's crucial for the Paladin in the early going to give you a good strong damage dealer. Also, I understand (though I can't confirm yet) that when you complete the main quest lines it causes the troops in the castle to replentish. I'm about to finish the 2nd king's quest and I was able to do this one with literally no fighting (just had to dodge some of the troops).

I'm trying to work directly to the 'trade 10 runes for 10 might and 10 magic runes' ability to see if I can buff up that way - not sure yet if it will work.

So, anyway, if you haven't done the king's quests yet, get on those and see how much the rage box helps to even things out.

-Munch
Old 09-25-2008, 08:56 PM
Approved Member

I think you made a mistake starting the game as Hard as your first playthrough. Hard is hard. Do explore everywhere you can without fighting anyone or fighting weaker enemies; be sure to buy a boat also.

Human troops aren't actually that great, so it's a good thing you're running out. If they were good, then there wouldn't be much point in other units, would there? Toss out the monks (they're pretty terrible except for against undead), and instead, for example, get some bears, or blue (royal) snakes from the swamp if your game has them.

Make liberal use of the Slow spell and focus attacks on one stack at a time. Remember you can Wait to let the enemy make their move first. Most of the stacks you'll fight in the game will be even, hard or very hard.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Registered Member

Default Skill Trees

Does anyone know of a site that shows the skill trees and the skills?

I am stuck at work for a few more hours and want to plan out my character.

If anyone could post screen shots, skill descriptions, and costs that would be great.

Thanks all,
Sammual
Old 09-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Approved Member

http://www.crpg.ru/sections.php?op=v...cle&artid=2299
http://www.crpg.ru/sections.php?op=v...cle&artid=2302
http://www.crpg.ru/sections.php?op=v...cle&artid=2303

Use Google translate or the translator of your choice.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:46 PM
Approved Member

Hi, thanks for your tips!

I am a big fan of the original "King's Bounty" so I thought it was safe to play on Hard here too!

I managed to find a few more weak enemies, and also to find the crashed dirigible, which allowed me to (SPOILER AHEAD) get to the island with the first boss and once defeating him and returning for the quest reward I had enough experience to become level 6.

This caused the home kingdom to replenish its stocks of human troop, thus letting me rebuild my army. A good thing too - after the battle with the boss, I had only two dwarves left! So far, they seem to be my best unit, but I can only have a few at a time. All-in-all, it seems my peasants do a lot more damage than anything else - I just have to keep them alive.

So for anyone having the same trouble as me, I would suggest to just keep doing the King's Quests (Graham, Look out, a poisonous snake!) and eventually you will beat the boss and then get more troops.

I'll start trying to find some better troops. I really like the idea of replenishing life and "recruiting the dead" that Undead and Werewolf troops can do, but so far I have not been able to recruit many of these sorts of units. I will get some Royal Snakes as you suggest.

Any other troops suggestions?

Okay, thanks, bye!
Old 09-25-2008, 11:41 PM
Approved Member

If you manage to get to an or settlement (the first is orc embassy in freedom island). Get Orc Shaman, best unit in their race so far. They don't have range attack, but the totems and dancing axe skill is very very usefull. I liberally use their totems skill many times as they can serve as distraction, most enemy will tend to target them first and wasting their turn. And if the totem lucky enough to survive by the end of the next turn, it will cast AoE damage or heal depend on the totem you use. The dancing axe is very nice, any damage to living creature will give major heal to all friendlies.

Giants are nice, but not much as they only can move 1 cell. The running skill compesate for this, then the earthquake which damage any nearby troop; the nearer they are the more damage they receive. I sometime use them as bait for enemies to gather around then do earthquake.

Black dragons, these are very nice unit. Expensive and demand lots of leadership points. Their firebreath attack can reach two cell within line of fire. Also the ability that fire everything in their path is very usefull if you are lucky enough to have multiple enemies in it's line of flight. Black dragons have less hp than giants though.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:47 PM
Approved Member

Paladins start with a Resurrection scroll in the spellbook. Scribe it if you haven't already. It makes early game so much easier.

Quote:
Any other troops suggestions?
Go to the swamp and ask the resident paladin there to show you his "special stock". If you are lucky he might have some Inquisitors for sale.