Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Warrior, Paladin, Mage

Warrior, Paladin, Mage Different classes in King's Bounty

Old 09-23-2008, 09:44 AM
Approved Member

Default Warrior, Paladin, Mage (info, strategy, hints, etc.)

so far from the demo I was most impressed with the Paladin of all, he might not be as strong with rage as the warrior or as strong in magic as the Mage but at least in the demo i was able to get the highest leadership with him (probably the game is different) and he is the most versatile with the skills due to the ability to get 10 might and 10 magic runes in exchange for 10 mind runes (also might and magic runes are easier to get by in the demo via the skill and will tests).

So what class are u going to play?
Old 09-23-2008, 09:46 AM
Approved Member

Mage most likely, incinerating stuff with mass damage spells is always a turn on in my book
Old 09-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Approved Member

Tough decision. I like the Warrior actually (gets Rage very quickly) but the Mage is cool too. And the Paladin looks like it might be okay as well (see the thread on this for some reasons why).

Oh well, looks like I will have to play the game 3 times.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Tough decision. I like the Warrior actually (gets Rage very quickly) but the Mage is cool too. And the Paladin looks like it might be okay as well (see the thread on this for some reasons why).

Oh well, looks like I will have to play the game 3 times.
One thing I Noticed is that the skill tree differs slightly by the class you play. Did anyone else notice this? Btw I think I'll probably go with mage but maybe paladin. Not warrior.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:37 PM
Approved Member

I think each class has 2 unique skills in their privileged tree.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coin-coin le Canapin View Post
I think each class has 2 unique skills in their privileged tree.
You are absolutely right.
Warrior: "Iron Fist" and "Anger"
Paladin: "Holy anger" and "Rune stone"
Mage: "Higher Magic" and "Alchemy"
Old 09-23-2008, 12:53 PM
Approved Member

Well when i do finally get my hands on the game i'm going to play a paladin, while the other two classes are fun as well, i really want to play through the first time as a paladin.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:07 PM
Approved Member

I think I'll play Warrior.
In HOMM, warriors were less interesting to play than mages, because they had just a stronger army.
The mages had more diversity in their fight because of their many spells.
In KB, Warriors seem to had their own specificities that add variety in their fights, thanks to the skill tree and the rage spells.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:29 AM
Registered Member

I'n thinking Mage myself. If nothing else, his bonus skills seems to give him the most dramatic advantage compared to the others... I mean, Higher Magic gives 2 spells per turn. It practically doubles his firepower.

I do worry about the lack of Rage buildup with the mage though. Even with mostly ranged units, in most fights in the demo my units barely managed to hit once before the enemy died. I makes for very little rage, I am worried that I won't get to see all the rage skills as a mage. The rage experience skill will propably have to be maxed ASAP. Perhaps I'd even have to use Order magic instead of Chaos to make the battles last longer... but where is the fun in that?

Still, I'd say the mage is worth it just for the fact that he seems to have the fastest gameplay of the tree. In the demo I finished most battles with him in half the time.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:41 AM
Approved Member

It shows how well balanced this game is that I've no idea which class is 'best.' IMO it was an excellent design decision to put the rage box in the Warrior tech tree, so that he doesn't have to rely on brute force alone. I actually found it easiest to play the demo with the Warrior (on Hard) because you could get the Horsemen and Knights, which are very strong, and build up your rage without losing any troops (providing you have at least a healing spell).

On the other hand, the Paladin is excellent due to his large Leadership and I presume later on because of his ability to barter at a better rate. I think I will take him for my first game. I found in the demo that I was struggling on Hard with the Mage a little. He was having a hard time getting through the early fights to upgrade his spells. I get the feeling that on hard the Mage might not be the best choice, at least not early in the game.